ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the AAC’s sleeper team?

My guess would be ECU. Their QB is a major playmaker and they have a good wide receiver they can go to over and over again. Those two guys were able to consistently move the ball down field against Cincys defense last season.

To me, Temple seems uninspired. Houston hasn't shown anything promising. Tulsa should do better than last year but not enough to challenge for the top. Tulane lost too much so I don't know what they're bringing this season...but I do love watching their offense.

Pretty sure it is us, UCF. We are now ranked 3rd, behind Cinci and Memphis. 3rd place is unrecognized but can easly strike at the top.

Except we have a 30%ish of making the playoff.
A sleeper isn’t someone already being touted as potential conf champs. It’s someone like Tulane or ECU that’s going to step up. Much like SMU last year.

My guess would be ECU. Their QB is a major playmaker and they have a good wide receiver they can go to over and over again. Those two guys were able to consistently move the ball down field against Cincys defense last season.

To me, Temple seems uninspired. Houston hasn't shown anything promising. Tulsa should do better than last year but not enough to challenge for the top. Tulane lost too much so I don't know what they're bringing this season...but I do love watching their offense.
Agreed. I think ECU makes a big step forward this year.

Tulsa... teams that beat us get even better the following year. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT