ADVERTISEMENT

Who will we play in the Playoff?

636173205022185586-jim-mora-playoffs-copy.jpg

This thread should be deleted. There should only be threads today about UCF football and being Champions. Champions play at Spectrum stadium!

Reactions: UCFBS
I have no idea what needs to break to land UCF in the playoff.

But I hope it happens. More than any other football outcome. Because that would lift the cloud that currently hangs over the G5 teams. I hope you and your team get your shot. I feel that would prove something, even the field, and bring more money to UCF and your conference in the future.

Good luck.

What needs to break is the system. A "committee" of old dudes with their thumbs up their ass choosing who is best is ridiculous. Let the data speak for itself. Anyway, it won't happen this year. Maybe next.

What needs to break is the system. A "committee" of old dudes with their thumbs up their ass choosing who is best is ridiculous. Let the data speak for itself. Anyway, it won't happen this year. Maybe next.

Christ it would be great if we won the Peach and then went undefeated again and made the playoffs. Doubtful now that we're gonna have transfers, lose commits and every other destabilizing factor that comes with a new coach. All that will give pollsters another reason to rank us outside the Top 25 next year.

With a Peach win, I'd say we'd likely be #20 at best.

Christ it would be great if we won the Peach and then went undefeated again and made the playoffs. Doubtful now that we're gonna have transfers, lose commits and every other destabilizing factor that comes with a new coach. All that will give pollsters another reason to rank us outside the Top 25 next year.

That's why I think it's important we make a splash hire. Sumlin would be good.

USF was ranked #19 at the end of 2016 and coach left as well as their star RB and WR. 2017 rolled around and they were #19 in preseason poll. Name of incoming coach will be a factor in the ranking.

We'll be #13 ... not #3 where the computers say we belong.

Final playoff spot comes down to runner ups Wisconsin (12-1, best win vs 21 Northwestern), Alabama (11-1, best win LSU 17, lost bad to 3-loss Auburn), or conf champs Ohio St (11-2, 2 blow out losses, one to 5-loss Iowa), USC (11-2, best win vs 4-loss Stanford (twice), and lost to wash st and blown out by 3 loss ND), or UCF (12-0, best win vs 20 Memphis (twice, no losses!)

Final playoff spot comes down to

runner ups:
Wisconsin (12-1, best win vs 21 Northwestern)
Alabama (11-1, best win LSU 17, lost bad to 3-loss Auburn)

or conf champs:
Ohio St (11-2, 2 blow out losses, one to 5-loss Iowa)
USC (11-2, best win vs 4-loss Stanford (twice), and lost to wash st and blown out by 3 loss ND)
UCF (12-0, best win vs 20 Memphis (twice), no losses)

Easy decision for me

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Who do you think Vegas would favor if UCF were to play Alabama, Ohio State, etc?
Think you know the answer to that. So I assume you are advocating gamblers to pick the playoff teams. Honestly they may be better at ranking teams than the conmitte is. They are putting their own money on the line so they actually have something to lose. That definitely would eliminate a bias factor. while the conmitte only has reputation to lose.

Reactions: BG_Knightmare
Honestly they may be better at ranking teams than the conmitte is. They are putting their own money on the line so they actually have something to lose. That definitely would eliminate a bias factor. while the conmitte only has reputation to lose.

That was kinda my point. Vegas is as objective as you can get. The selection committee won't be truly unbiased. TV viewership and revenue will definitely play a part.

It should be bama, but bucks will get in so they don’t leave the big 10 out.
I didn't even think about that. Could you imagine if the big 10 gets left out. We might see an expanded playoff as soon as next year. Of course that means the highest they would rank a G5 program in the polls would drop by 2 so 17 would be the highest we could hope for.

I think if we send ourselves a fruit basket we'll be a shoo in for the virtual playoff.

I created this thread!!!!!
I don't care, you started a thread on a topic already being discussed so I merged them. The system takes the posts and puts them in chronological order which is messy but your posts get prioritized behind the older posts.

I don't care, you started a thread on a topic already being discussed so I merged them. The system takes the posts and puts them in chronological order which is messy but your posts get prioritized behind the older posts.
Don’t even waste your time explaining it

No playoff this year since the system is corrupt.

If the Fiesta Bowl we will play USC. If cotton prob Wisconsin. If Peach probably Auburn or AL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT