ADVERTISEMENT

Whose Your Cable Provider?

G-Knight

Bronze Knight
Aug 26, 2011
I have Brighthouse / Spectrum and they want to raise my rates $20 a month... I have basic Internet and cable. Does anyone use AT&T? Any other cable options in the Winter Springs area?

Bright House is our only option besides satellite providers. FIOS is not in our area at all. Sucks, cuz I would make the switch to Verizon if given the opportunity.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Switched to Brighthouse from FiOS about a year ago and our all-in went down by $100/month. Since Spectrum took over we noticed a few more channels that we want that we didn't previously have access to. I called and they told me that as a Brighthouse "Legacy" customer they could put me on the Spectrum everything package (can't remember what they called it, but it included every channel they offer including premiums) and my rate would actually go down by about $30/month. Only problem is that Spectrum doesn't offer a static IP address (at least through residential) which is essential for me so I couldn't make the switch.

DIRECTV. Mostly because Brighthouse kept screwing up my billing. Somewhat for Sunday Ticket.

DIRECTV but currently using the 7 day free trial for PlayStation Vue and am considering that instead.

Up here - I have three choices - verizon, comcast and rcn. Nice competitive environment drives prices down and quality up. This is why you always want to support the up and comers (like rcn in my case).

Verizon is always the most expensive with nickle and dime price increases. Comcast sucks, send letters if you use peer to peer. rcn is the best. Not so cooperative with the p2p regulators, plus I get 100MB internet + high end cable package for $80 + tax on promotion. When promotion run out - call to cancel and get re-upped.

I have DirecTV and am getting sick of them. They just hiked prices again and I'll be paying $120 a month for the cheapest plan they have. I'm switching over to Dish.

I have DirecTV and am getting sick of them. They just hiked prices again and I'll be paying $120 a month for the cheapest plan they have. I'm switching over to Dish.

I don'the blame you. I've gotten the NFL ticket free for the last 3 years. We'll see what happens this year. If they deny me, I may,have to switch.

I got it free this year and it's a nice perk but nothing I ever really needed. The Packers are always on national at least half the year and the games that aren't are easily found. I think I was paying $75-80 six or seven years ago. When it broke $100 last year I took notice. I did add the sports pack recently though for basketball games so that's like $15 a month. It's still ridiculous either way.

BHN/Spectrum never really had much issues, at least not anything that wasn't solved with a tweet or phone call. However as I understand it, Spectrum has discontinued the twitter option for customer service (which I loved). and this is now the third person who has told me their rates are going up. I have yet to get such a notice, but I suspect it's coming. My other option for internet is DSL through CenturyLink and that sucks. I'm not dropping my 100 mps cable internet for 10 mps DSL. CenturyLink is slowly installing 1G fiber in my area, but it isn't in my neighborhood yet. If they do, I will switch.

One thing BHN was always good about was if you called to complain about their rates, they would sign you up for a promotional rate. Sure it was kind of PITA to call them every year, but it beats paying an extra $40/month when you don't have to.

Sign up as a new customer. I signed up for 4 rooms with all-house DVR for $50 with new equipment (included) for 24 months

Spectrum now charges for service calls where Brighthouse never charged. I got hit for $30 last week to add a cable run to my son's room.

Sign up as a new customer. I signed up for 4 rooms with all-house DVR for $50 with new equipment (included) for 24 months

I've considered it but don't want to be in a contract. I've been going back and forth about selling the last few years and don't want to mess with buying it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT