ADVERTISEMENT

Why are South Korea’s virus numbers on the rise?

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Weren’t they supposed to be the “model” country of a decent sized population in controlling this?

Weren’t they supposed to be the “model” country of a decent sized population in controlling this?
YEAH, THAT'S A DAMN GOOD QUESTION, Ucfmikes!!!!

"Model" South Korea, with a population of 51.7 million people has seen its death toll rise to 793, up 20 people!!!

By contrast, the four largest States in the US have:
California - population of 39.5 million - 23,964 covid deaths - up 20!
Texas - pop of 28.9 million - 27,042 covid deaths - up 163!
Florida - pop of 21.4 million - 21,294 covid deaths - Unreported!
New York, pop of 19.4 million - 36,739 covid deaths - up 135!

"Model" South Korea, with a population of 51.7 million people has seen its death toll rise to 793, up 20 people!!!

[/
Do you think he even understands or realizes what a Fing Asshole he is? I mean it’s one thing to be stupid and ignorant but he’s not. He’s just an Asshole.

Why do you suppose their numbers are rising?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Not every country counts covid deaths as dying with covid instead dying from covid.
I totally get why we were doing it in the beginning, it made sense to gather more information about the virus. 12 months later though, the recording needs to be refined to get a more accurate representation of what's going on instead of leaving us to speculate. Initially there were probably more people dying from it than what was recorded, now its almost guaranteed that there are fewer.

Who knows...there isn't some national standard and definitely nothing global. I'm sure most are dying over 70 or with other conditions as the data shows. So rare to die from covid under 60 without other conditions
Its so hard to tell. Totally uneducated guess, but I'd say maybe 10% of all deaths were under 60 and had no underlying health problems. We hear only anecdotal stories on each side but extrapolate them out to be either bigger or smaller representations than they really are. Numbers-wise, I dont think any death above the average life expectancy is really something we should be thinking about when assessing the virus.

Why do you suppose their numbers are rising?

South Korea had seemed to be winning the fight against the coronavirus: Quickly ramping up its testing, contact-tracing and quarantine efforts paid off when it weathered an early outbreak without the economic pain of a lockdown. But a deadly resurgence has reached new heights during Christmas week, prompting soul-searching on how the nation sleepwalked into a crisis.

The 1,241 infections on Christmas Day were the largest daily increase. Another 1,132 cases were reported Saturday, bringing South Korea's caseload to 55,902.

The freaking point here is for all you WC scientists, is that lockdowns, masks, social distancing are good when you’re locked down, but guess what happens when it ends??

Like I’ve been saying for months. You can’t lockdown every citizen forever unless you have martial law or similar

Pretty impressive and striking graphs the past few days. Would you not agree? Oh... but they aren’t the United States numbers. Not sure the point of THAT argument

The question is why? What has changed? What have they done differently?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT