ADVERTISEMENT

Why aren't we enacting the Defense Production Act?

My gut instinct is that we're all going to find out before this thing is over.
I honestly don’t think that we can. Certainly not enough to stop the spread. I think at this time, certain people are downplaying the severity of the economic impact. It’s potentially deadly as well

As of now there has been 582 deaths in the United States. Take away Washington State and New York and it’s under 300. We are not yet at the point of shutting down the entire country IMO

16 states have under 100 cases.

As of now there has been 582 deaths in the United States. Take away Washington State and New York and it’s under 300. We are not yet at the point of shutting down the entire country IMO

16 states have under 100 cases.
You realize it’s a lagging effect right? The deaths today were infected weeks ago. The time for shutting down is now and not later. You can’t for wait what ever you consider a big enough amount of deaths to take action as the effects won’t be realized for weeks. Can’t be reactionary.

You realize it’s a lagging effect right? The deaths today were infected weeks ago. The time for shutting down is now and not later.
Mass testing was all about quarantining the infected early before it spread. But we didn't have the tests for mass testing.

Given that, THEN would have been the time to issue 'stay at home' orders. But instead of doing that, we had Trump and his officials giving us blowhard statements that we had it contained.

I don't want to sound fatalistic but given the scenario that we're seeing, I think its too late to avoid a huge across-the-nation spread of the infection.

As with everything about this corona virus pandemic, Trump is a day late and a dollar short.
FEB 28th, ORANGE IDIOT SAID ON TV THAT THE CORONA VIRUS IS A HOAX BY THE DEMOCRATS. That what I call real concern over a national pandemic that is based on scientific facts and data. But he's doing a great job. LOL

I'm confused by this thread.

1. It's already enacted. Trump's just no using it yet.
2. Private industry is not the answer. They currently have states bidding against eachother and are sending life saving supplies to the highest bidder, not the highest need.
3. This is the exact reason Trump needs to use it. The production needs to go to where the need is, not where the money is.

Wrong. 3M is sending 500,000 N95's this week to NYC and Seattle based upon need. Stop trying to crap on private industry with nonsense.

Since you're an expert on supply chains required to make masks, gloves, or ventilators, please inform us how companies that have nothing to do with those products can all suddenly scale production for those items?
Tired of being wrong yet? You've been wrong about everything in this crisis since the jump.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-3m-idUSKBN21L050

Liberals: detail the exact issue with letting companies continue to control production and distribution

Conservatives: What's the issue if companies are doing the right thing?

Liberals: companies rarely do the right thing on their own, they exist to maximize profits.

Conservatives: just look at 3M

3M: *not doing right thing*

Conservatives:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT