ADVERTISEMENT

***Why buying bowl tickets through UCF matters - more info inside***

We’re not obligated to anything.
Exactly, you're not. So do what you want. Just do not post it here! Don't 'seek approval' of others.

Now UCFAA, Inc. is another story. Ergo ...

Let the bowl and schools worry about their costs.
Nitpick: You mean UCFAA, Inc. UCF is not involved as a fiscal party. We don't use taxpayer dollars for this. We only take athletic fees from students, which scholarship cannot be used for (much less taxpayer dollars), of which is only around $20M of $70M now.

I spend plenty of money on our football and basketball programs. Not going to throw away money on an inferior bowl where the whole bottom bowl are good seats. Our group got ours through the Gasparilla Bowl site.....$20 cheaper than through the UCF on about the 30. For the 7 of us, that’s $140 we now all have for beer, transportation costs, beer, food, and beer. Go Knights!
You made your choice. But you didn't need to 'announce' it here, and 'seek approval.'

Brandon is not UCFAA, Inc. and just wanted everyone to know. I backfilled it with the exact numbers on payout v. ticket costs (unsubsidized). But apparently ... well, insert various comments.

As before, it's not #2 that bothers me, it's #3.

That is not how this works.

UCF buys -- period -- X tickets (12K? 15K?) at $85/ea. That costs UCF regardless. Yes, that's costs UCF a million-plus in tickets alone! E.g., $1,020,000 for 12,000 allotment. This is what UCF must pay.

The AAC+UCF only get $500K for attending. Yeah, pretty sh--tty deal. This is why the AAC ends up, only partially, subsidizing some of the more costly games. But at least the AAC got the Cotton Bowl ($4M non-semi-final payout).

Ahhh, no, not at all. Re-read above and learn how bowl games work.

LOL only in CFB would teams go to a bowl which pays 500k and have to sell 1.2 million in tickets. Maybe ECU's virtual bowl was a good idea.

LOL only in CFB would teams go to a bowl which pays 500k and have to sell 1.2 million in tickets. Maybe ECU's virtual bowl was a good idea.
And yet the problem still remains for UCFAA, Inc. and its donors.

How about we start a NEW THREAD about 'Bowl Games are RICO Act!'
Because that's what you're actually arguing about.

This thread should be 'Why ... UCF matters' ... not 'Why I Didn't.'
Otherwise, maybe we can just get @Brandon to rename the thread ...

Why you didn't buy bowl tickets through UCF' ;)

T
And yet the problem still remains for UCFAA, Inc. and its donors.

How about we start a NEW THREAD about 'Bowl Games are RICO Act!'
Because that's what you're actually arguing about.

This thread should be 'Why ... UCF matters' ... not 'Why I Didn't.'
Otherwise, maybe we can just get @Brandon to rename the thread ...

Why you didn't buy bowl tickets through UCF' ;)

LOL. NOPE... UCF choose the bowl which had most expensive tickets. Is Cure tickets $85, what about FAU's nope, not even the Military vs a real opponent is $85.

C- you can do better. Quit trying to guilt ppl into spending more $.

I say support UCF, buy tickets from scalper and save $. UCF should of looked out for its fans and they now realize 85 is too high a price point for Marshall.

LOL. NOPE... UCF choose the bowl which had most expensive tickets. Is Cure tickets $85, what about FAU's nope, not even the Military vs a real opponent is $85.
I say support UCF, buy tickets from scalper and save $. UCF should of looked out for its fans and they now realize 85 is too high a price point for Marshall.
Okay ... full stop. You think UCFAA, Inc., much less AD Danny White, gets to choose?! Danny freak'n wanted the Military Bowl against a P5!

Sigh ... I'm done. Too many oblivious people here. Or is this a South Park Cow fan with that "C-"?

Reactions: Knight_Light
Okay ... full stop. You think UCFAA, Inc., much less AD Danny White, gets to choose?! Danny freak'n wanted the Military Bowl against a P5!

Sigh ... I'm done. Too many oblivious people here. Or is this a South Park Cow fan with that "C-"?
Please don’t stroke over this. JWB! Go Knights and charge on!

P.S. Next year we are winning them all, so nobody will even care about any of this. Bank
it BS!!

Please don’t stroke over this. JWB! Go Knights and charge on!
P.S. Next year we are winning them all, so nobody will even care about any of this. Bank it BS!!
Love the @Heupelupthemiddle name. And I'm a Heupel apologist aka nuthugger too.

And yes, I think we're going undefeated next year. I think this bowl will be just like 2012, followed by like 2013.

Don't see an issue of a person posting alternative ways that could be a deciding factor for others to attend a game. $500 (tickets, parking, gas, food) for a family four during holidays is not an easy sell for a game that has little buzz. Possibly cutting $200 off the price will make it much more appealing.

Donations and money spent on season tickets rise when the team wins, money spent on a bowl game is really no different.

Don't see an issue of a person posting alternative ways that could be a deciding factor for others to attend a game. $500 (tickets, parking, gas, food) for a family four during holidays is not an easy sell for a game that has little buzz. Possibly cutting $200 off the price will make it much more appealing.
Donations and money spent on season tickets rise when the team wins, money spent on a bowl game is really no different.
That's fine ... for a business. But this is charity and community. When people start looking at UCFAA, Inc. that way, then they either don't give anything at all, or recognize why it's important to give when asked.

Kinda reminds me of people complaining about the '17 USF @ UCF game ticket prices on the secondary market, and paying as much, or more, for tickets just for that game than they could season tickets in as good, or even better, seats. UCFAA, Inc. saw $0 for the case of the former, but people found ways to complain about it any way.

When we're allegedly good, there's complaining and excusing. When we're allegedly bad, there's complaining and excusing. Me? I just give to the program. I'm not alone. Of course, many are 'subsidizing' others too. But they don't realize that.

Reactions: Knight_Light
T

OMG!

People...PLEASE know what you are talking about before posting sh*t!

The AAC ASSIGNED UCF to this bowl! We did NOT choose it. In fact, I have heard that DW is very irritated that UCF was sent to this bowl.

... In fact, I have heard that DW is very irritated that UCF was sent to this bowl.
If I'm ADDW, that's 'Strike 3' for Aresco in just 2019 alone. He's out.

UCF is tired of being the flag bearer for 0 say, and often the brunt of the conference's problems. From the scheduling to statements to bowl, it's over as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Happy Hands
If I'm ADDW, that's 'Strike 3' for Aresco in just 2019 alone. He's out.

UCF is tired of being the flag bearer for 0 say, and often the brunt of the conference's problems. From the scheduling to statements to bowl, it's over as far as I'm concerned.

I am genuinely curious what the other two strikes in 2019 are. I my mind, the only thing Aresco has done wrong so far is not immediately support UCF's National Champions claim in 2018.

A lot of people blame him for things, when a lot of it is out of his control.

The Gasparilla Bowl is the Bowl that we deserved in 2019

We were all there when we crapped the bed 3 times and a lot of you on here saying it was fine.
“You can’t go undefeated every year. It’s unrealistic!!!!” “We have a freshman QB!!!”

This is the bed that we made, so sleep in it and just stop. We are the 5th best AAC team

Just buy whatever damn tickets you want and can afford. Everybody needs to do whatever they want. If you want to support UCF and get sideline club seats for $85, then fine

If you want to look for a deal, then fine. Why are we making this so complicated?
Because it's a message board and everybody has to be right.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
These overpriced ticket requirements forced on schools do nothing but line the pockets of the Gasparilla Bowl Executive Committee. How much do those people get paid to “plan” this crappy bowl?
There was a 20/20 (or other type show) a few years ago that exposed what total sham “jobs” these bowl executive positions truly are. These people rake in millions for doing essentially nothing.

For everybody complaining about the cost and Christmas time....

What the hell was the plan if we got into the Cotton Bowl? Seems to me that would've been much more expensive. Unless the plan was to never attend anyway?
That’s like asking if I’d take time off to drive a Ferrari or a PT Cruiser. Back to the dungeon

For everybody complaining about the cost and Christmas time....
What the hell was the plan if we got into the Cotton Bowl? Seems to me that would've been much more expensive. Unless the plan was to never attend anyway?
Hence why I stopped worrying about the complainers with both the '17 Peach, let alone the '18 Fiesta. The fans are showing up now, traveling, being there for the student-athletes. Yeah, empty after half-time and not looking good on TV 15 minutes before kick-off does get old. But at least people are coming, buying tickets, traveling too.

It's the #3s (seeking approval) that only bother me now. I wish they would defer back to being #2s (do what they want, but not seek approval).

Reactions: Square Knight
That is not how this works.

UCF buys -- period -- X tickets (12K? 15K?) at $85/ea. That costs UCF regardless. Yes, that's costs UCF a million-plus in tickets alone! E.g., $1,020,000 for 12,000 allotment. This is what UCF must pay.

The AAC+UCF only get $500K for attending. Yeah, pretty sh--tty deal. This is why the AAC ends up, only partially, subsidizing some of the more costly games. But at least the AAC got the Cotton Bowl ($4M non-semi-final payout).

Ahhh, no, not at all. Re-read above and learn how bowl games work.
And people mocked me when i said decline the stupid bowl, punch THEM in the wallet, and ask us to donate to UCFAA. I guess i am right again. Smh

And people mocked me when i said decline the stupid bowl, punch THEM in the wallet, and ask us to donate to UCFAA. I guess i am right again. Smh
I didn't. But the kids earned the bowl. So we'll go.

The Gasparilla Bowl is the Bowl that we deserved in 2019

We were all there when we crapped the bed 3 times and a lot of you on here saying it was fine.
“You can’t go undefeated every year. It’s unrealistic!!!!” “We have a freshman QB!!!”

This is the bed that we made, so sleep in it and just stop. We are the 5th best AAC team
Yup. And damn it sucks. You can't lay around on your laurels in dreamland losing games like Tulane ***( TULSA Corrected), especially the way we lost it, and then wonder why you suck at the end of the year and go to the nowhere bowl. I remember very well how the Jeremy and a few others continued to try to stomp out any common sense that was occurring and telling us all to keep drinking the kool aid. Sorry, no, we do deserve this. We did suck this year. I love our team and I support us no matter what, but trying to quell any differing opinion because you cant see reality is about and then bithching about it really pisses me off. We are an AAC team that lost 3 games one of which to a horrendous team. That's reality. Maybe some people should have been a bit more pissed off when this all happened throughout the season. My rant is over. CHARGE ON! BEAT MARSHA!

Last edited:
Exactly!! We are the 5th best AAC team. Yes, 5th!
5th gets you Marsha Cusa at a pirate ship on a Monday afternoon, the 23rd of December
Tied for 4th best, or 5th best giving SMU the tie breaker as they were 10-2 overall,. But Temple is 6th best ... and still got a P5 game.

Yup. And damn it sucks. You can't lay around on your laurels in dreamland losing games like Tulane, especially the way we lost it, and then wonder why you suck at the end of the year and go to the nowhere bowl.
Tusla, right? Already hitting the bottle for the game this early?

Tied for 4th best, or 5th best giving SMU the tie breaker as they were 10-2 overall,. But Temple is 6th best ... and still got a P5 game.

Memphis
Cincinnati
Navy
4) SMU 10-2 gets FAU
5) UCF 9-3
Temple

Temple gets 6-6 UNC who we play in game #1. Yippie for them! Wasn’t happening. You lose 3 games, you get the Lawnmower Bowl and you deserve it and you like it. We can’t complain about fans pissed off at the losses while they are happening and say now that we deserve a better bowl game. Can’t have it both ways

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Temple gets 6-6 UNC who we play in game #1. Yippie for them! Wasn’t happening.
Yeah, the ACC sent no FSU or Miami to any AAC bowl tie-ins, and I'm sure they sent NC to the Military Bowl to keep the AAC from wanting to pair up UCF.

You lose 3 games, you get the Lawnmower Bowl and you deserve it and you like it.
You mean Damn Fine Lawnmower Bowl! They make great ones.

We can’t complain about fans pissed off at the losses while they are happening and say now that we deserve a better bowl game. Can’t have it both ways
Agreed. I've long accepted it. I'm flying in for the game too.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Ha! Who's the nitpick now? What crawled up your ass and died? Yeah, whoa!

Ha! Who's the nitpick now? What crawled up your ass and died? Yeah, whoa!
I was just confirming, leading up to my point of Temple -- 6th -- getting a P5 game. And I usually do disclaim 'nitpick' (I should of here, yes). E.g.,

"Nitpick: Tied for 4th best, but yes, 5th best giving SMU the tie-breaker as they were 10-2 overall. But the point being, Temple is 6th best ... yet still got a P5 game."

If Temple loses ...

But you were still wrong about Tulane ... it was Tulsa.

I was just confirming, leading up to my point of Temple -- 6th -- getting a P5 game. And I usually do disclaim 'nitpick' (I should of here, yes). E.g.,

"Nitpick: Tied for 4th best, but yes, 5th best giving SMU the tie-breaker as they were 10-2 overall. But the point being, Temple is 6th best ... yet still got a P5 game."

If Temple loses ...

But you were still wrong about Tulane ... it was Tulsa.
Et al. I'm grabbing a beer! CHARGE ON!

A lie does not become true just because you repeat the lie over and over again.

The bowl would NOT lose money if UCF had declined the bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT