ADVERTISEMENT

Why this loss doesn’t hurt THAT much

A West Virginia fan basking in the glory of their rivals win? Man times must be really tough in West Virginia. All the couches must’ve already been burned. The Mountaineers are so pathetic their coach left a job at a “P5” school (which is really a doormat) for a mediocre job at Houston. Sad sad.

We’ve played 4 games. In 2017 we were 13-0. In 2018 we were 12-1. This years team is 3-1. Until we play all the games there is no way to assess that. I can tell you fairly easily that a team playing a true freshman is never as good as a team with a Heisman-level QB.

I can tell you your mighty PlayStation offense, playing again a team without its best lineman and using third-string defensive backs, is way overrated.

Reactions: Floriduhh
Now it's about last year, is it? LMAO. Then I'll invoke that beatdown in your old stadium.
It isnt about last year, but we ran that same offense last year and your boys faked injuries to their vaginas to try to slow it down. Get on with your weekend kid, im going to enjoy mine now.

Oh wait, you live in shittsburgh. Well then enjoy your fat chics and crappy IC light

Reactions: Boston.Knight
It isnt about last year, but we ran that same offense last year and your boys faked injuries to their vaginas to try to slow it down. Get on with your weekend kid, im going to enjoy mine now.

Oh wait, you live in shittsburgh. Well then enjoy your fat chics and crappy IC light

Yes, Pittsburgh. A most livable city with a world-class university and elite university medical center. Yes, we do.

Did you go to UCF? If so, what Orlando restaurant do you work in? (True story: I heard two UCF fans actually say that to each other.) Now, run along and work on your academics and your pipe dream of a Big 12 application.

Reactions: Floriduhh
Now it's about last year, is it? LMAO. Then I'll invoke that beatdown in your old stadium.
Really? Invoking a game played 2 decades ago and comparing it to last years' game really shows just how feeble your little brain must be. Maybe your "elite university medical center" can fix that for you. What a pathetic moron.

Yes, Pittsburgh. A most livable city with a world-class university and elite university medical center. Yes, we do.

Did you go to UCF? If so, what Orlando restaurant do you work in? (True story: I heard two UCF fans actually say that to each other.) Now, run along and work on your academics and your pipe dream of a Big 12 application.

I went to UCF and am contemplating this statement from a loser trolling on an opponent's message board with my 6 figure financial services salary, in my 3k sq foot house, with two paid off bmws in the garage contemplating which one we are going to take to church. UCF alum do quite well. Actually, there is data on that - not anecdotal nonsense. I'll let you find it.

I can tell you your mighty PlayStation offense, playing again a team without its best lineman and using third-string defensive backs, is way overrated.

Cry me a river. We’re on our third string QB and back up CB. It’s football not volleyball.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Bro, if Pittsburgh is so great, why are so many of your fans so miserable and overweight? I've never been around a fanbase so grumpy and ignorant of how football works. Hey, glad you have the best win of your season. The rest of the year and the future will be just as bland as the past 30 years.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I didn't read any of the jibber-jabber between this post and the title. But, this loss does hurt. As it should. We were riding high for a long time. We got our blocks knocked off. Pitt out played and out coached UCF.

Separating myself from being a UCF fan that game must have been fun to watch from the outside. Finally a college game worthy to watch and wasn't a blow out.

That final play for PItt on 4th down was poetic justice for them. Their Qb who was battled and bruised catches the winning TD.

I woke up in the middle of the night and tossed and turned a little bit. This loss did affect me. I can't even imagine how somber UCF plane ride home was.

Interesting dynamic losing a game when expected to win and win big. Shocking actually. Somehow I'll survive this.

However, the morning coffee doesn't taste as good after a loss than a win. Maybe the afternoon beer will be better.

Go Knights.

Reactions: NestaKnight1
But, this loss does hurt. As it should. We were riding high for a long time. We got our blocks knocked off. Pitt out played and out coached UCF.
Sure it hurts, but it hurts more if you expect to win every game for years. That’s not realistic You need some luck

The basketball team losing to Duke is what real hurt is

Reactions: Central Floridave
Sure it hurts, but it hurts more if you expect to win every game for years. That’s not realistic You need some luck

The basketball team losing to Duke is what real hurt is
Agreed. Let’s look at it like this. Last year there was only one team that went undefeated for every game including bowl games (Clemson) the year before (UCF). That less than a 1% of all teams doing this. A loss isn’t the end of the world. It’s not going to help, but we can still achieve so much. Our fans needs to show a lot of support at the UConn game and show that we are behind this team 100%

Unfortunately what this could hurt most is attendance. Winning streaks build momentum to see the streak continue. Fair weather fans will jump off the bandwagon as quickly as they jumped on after the streak ends.

ESPN will shift its newly found respect for UCF to undefeated teams like Boise State, SMU, Navy, Memphis, and App State. ESPN's AAC story line next week will be the game between Navy vs Memphis.

UCF had a spectacular run beyond all reasonable expectations. They can still win the conference, and make the access bowl with some help. Proud of all the players that kept it rolling for so long. Go Knights!!!

The irony of this statement. On an opponent's message board at 10pm at night, one that you didn't even play, calling someone else a loser. FFS...

His mommy gave him 5 minutes of internet, and coming here was the first thing he thought of. What a pathetic life. We live in their heads 24-7. We win!

Unfortunately what this could hurt most is attendance. Winning streaks build momentum to see the streak continue. Fair weather fans will jump off the bandwagon as quickly as they jumped on after the streak ends.

ESPN will shift its newly found respect for UCF to undefeated teams like Boise State, SMU, Navy, Memphis, and App State. ESPN's AAC story line next week will be the game between Navy vs Memphis.

UCF had a spectacular run beyond all reasonable expectations. They can still win the conference, and make the access bowl with some help. Proud of all the players that kept it rolling for so long. Go Knights!!!

Posted as UCF announced UCONN game sold out 10 mins ago, lol. Fanbase isn't going anywhere.

Really? Invoking a game played 2 decades ago and comparing it to last years' game really shows just how feeble your little brain must be. Maybe your "elite university medical center" can fix that for you. What a pathetic moron.
Two decades

I see you aren’t a math major

We were a double digit point favorite on the Road and finally had the media on our side & we blew it... this one hurt

Two decades

I see you aren’t a math major
Okay... so it was 13 years ago and not exactly two decades. Hope that makes you feel better. But if you still don't see the absurdity of your comparison of a game played last year with many of the same players versus a game from 13 years ago, then you're an even bigger moron than we already thought. Please take your huge one point win and celebrate to your little hearts' content. Hope your team plays as inspired the rest of the season.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Confidence and momentum, it's fortunate that they are playing UConn next.

The team entered games seemingly like they have already won mentally. Both lines were out played considerably by a team that everyone expected them to beat. It will be interesting to see how they rebound. Doesn't matter how skilled you are when mentally you are second guessing yourself.

We thought that our lines were better than a middle of the pack to good P5 ACC line

That’s just almost never going to happen

Great lineman are generally picking Pittsburgh over UCF

Sorry.., but that’s the way it is

We thought that our lines were better than a middle of the pack to good P5 ACC line

That’s just almost never going to happen

Great lineman are generally picking Pittsburgh over UCF

Sorry.., but that’s the way it is

Of course, it's a given. However, the players walked on the field with swagger that they can play. Take away the confidence and now they will play like there is a big talent disparity. Just look at McCrae's numbers.

Of course, it's a given. However, the players walked on the field with swagger that they can play. Take away the confidence and now they will play like there is a big talent disparity. Just look at McCrae's numbers.
I never thought that Mccrae could be stopped

Is it the added muscle and weight? The playcalling?

Stop running these guys up the middle

Where’s Taj (BT)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT