ADVERTISEMENT

Will a book stop a Desert Eagle?

Beat me to posting this story.

Follow up question: Is it hard to raise a baby while in prison for killing the father?

These people are just absolute idiots.

This is a 330 gr projectile with a muzzle velocity of 450 mphs being fired from a foot away. You can't even use blank ammunition from a foot away since the gas will severely injure you, yet these jackasses thought a book would stop a .50Cal projectile.

why didnt they test this before hand off camera with the same book/gun, but braced against a wall or something before putting a life on the line for youtube fame?

Reactions: Sir Galahad
why didnt they test this before hand off camera with the same book/gun, but braced against a wall or something before putting a life on the line for youtube fame?
From the article:

"He even had evidence that it had worked once before — a different book with an entrance hole but no exit."

As dumb as I think my boys can be at times, stories like this remind me that they most likely are way above average.

No amount of testing would make it non-idiotic to do this.

Reactions: UCFWayne
This is an example of why the internet has ruined us. 20 years ago, we would have had no idea some illegals in some god forsaken, shithole of a town in MN/ND even existed. Now everyone thinks they're entitled to their 15 minutes. It was a lot simpler judging people you only saw on tv or read about in the paper.

Reactions: fabknight
Honestly, this stunt wouldve been better if they had done it on Facebook Live and tried to promote their YouTube channel that way. [devil]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT