ADVERTISEMENT

Will rioters and mobs be emboldened

The right is far more capable of doing serious damage than the left, and I think everyone can agree on that. We just haven't seen it yet
exactly. 1 right-wing teenager cleaned up a whole gang of left-wing extremists, and did so in a legal fashion

What are you on about? The FBI and Homeland security both acknowledge right wing terrorism, but I cant talk about it? Should we not distinguish between terrorist groups? What about Muslim groups? Are we not allowed to talk about them either? Or are we allowed to talk about Muslim groups, Antifa, etc, but right wing terrorism is off limits? Why are you so defensive about a topic that our law enforcement and intelligent agencies have even pointed out as being a serious issue?
Talk about them all you want. I’m trying to get at your motivations.

The right is far more capable of doing serious damage than the left, and I think everyone can agree on that. We just haven't seen it yet

We have seen it, plus the FBI has shut down several things before they happened like the planned kidnapping in Michigan. A cop in Oakland was killed by a boogaloo boy the day after the Minneapolis incident, and the people in Oakland and Minnesota had been communicating through FB, so they werent random incidents with no connections to each other. You had the son and husband of the judge in NJ murdered by a "mens rights" activist. The shooting in El Paso that killed 23 people was done by an anti-immigration white nationalist loser from the 8chan board, and there are plenty of others.

exactly. 1 right-wing teenager cleaned up a whole gang of left-wing extremists, and did so in a legal fashion
Not a great example but its a good corollary. The right just wants to be left alone, and will allow you to push them just so far, but when you do its no longer "fair fight" rules. Their base instinct of protection and aggression goes from zero to ten very quickly.

Talk about them all you want. I’m trying to get at your motivations.

My motivation is to have a discussion about things going on in this country. This is a message board, we discuss things. If you dont want to discuss it, no one is forcing you too so I am not sure why you are so defensive.

We have seen it, plus the FBI has shut down several things before they happened like the planned kidnapping in Michigan. A cop in Oakland was killed by a boogaloo boy the day after the Minneapolis incident, and the people in Oakland and Minnesota had been communicating through FB, so they werent random incidents with no connections to each other. You had the son and husband of the judge in NJ murdered by a "mens rights" activist. The shooting in El Paso that killed 23 people was done by an anti-immigration white nationalist loser from the 8chan board, and there are plenty of others.
Those are just crazy people and not what I'm talking about at all.

Not a great example but its a good corollary. The right just wants to be left alone, and will allow you to push them just so far, but when you do its no longer "fair fight" rules. Their base instinct of protection and aggression goes from zero to ten very quickly.

Traveling to cities you they dont live in, to get involved with something that has nothing to do them, is hardly the actions of people who just want to be left alone.

Reactions: fried-chicken
Traveling to cities you they dont live in, to get involved with something that has nothing to do them, is hardly the actions of people who just want to be left alone.
That's why I said it's not a great example

Those are just crazy people and not what I'm talking about at all.

Of course not. Again, proving my point that many of you will just deny it it. Someone who writes a damn manifesto with right wing white nationalist talking points, then drives 11 hours to a majority hispanic city, kills 23 people, somehow isnt right wing/white nationalist terrorism? Convenient. Good thing the FBI disagrees with you.

Of course not. Again, proving my point that many of you will just deny it it. Someone who writes a damn manifesto with right wing white nationalist talking points, then drives 11 hours to a majority hispanic city, kills 23 people, somehow isnt right wing/white nationalist terrorism? Convenient. Good thing the FBI disagrees with you.
I'm not disagreeing that white nationalists can be terrorists. I'm not sure where you got that, quite honestly.

I'm not disagreeing that white nationalists can be terrorists. I'm not sure where you got that, quite honestly.

You literally just said "The right is far more capable of doing serious damage than the left, and I think everyone can agree on that. We just haven't seen it yet". I gave you several recent examples, including one where almost 50 people were shot, and 23 died, and you write it off as just crazy people. I dont disagree with you they are crazy people, but honestly, we can argue that most anyone who would commit these types of acts is pretty crazy, whether they are right, left, or non political. But we cant distinguish it from political terrorism, if we have a clear motive they committed a violent act due to their political ideology.

Another one is the Synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh, by a guy who bought into all kinds of anti-semitic conspiracies. The guy was probably crazy, but they doesnt mean it wasnt an anti-semitic hate crime.

You literally just said "The right is far more capable of doing serious damage than the left, and I think everyone can agree on that. We just haven't seen it yet". I gave you several recent examples, including one where almost 50 people were shot, and 23 died, and you write it off as just crazy people. I dont disagree with you they are crazy people, but honestly, we can argue that most anyone who would commit these types of acts is pretty crazy, whether they are right, left, or non political. But we cant distinguish it from political terrorism, if we have a clear motive they committed a violent act due to their political ideology.

Another one is the Synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh, by a guy who bought into all kinds of anti-semitic conspiracies. The guy was probably crazy, but they doesnt mean it wasnt an anti-semitic hate crime.
The examples you give are minor in the grand scheme of things and are terrorist acts. I'm talking about the people that don't want to commit terrorist acts but if pushed will respond disproportionately. I won't limit it to the known militias, but they are a pretty good example of the mindset that exists on the right. The whole "over my dead body" theme isn't just a catchphrase.

The examples you give are minor in the grand scheme of things and are terrorist acts. I'm talking about the people that don't want to commit terrorist acts but if pushed will respond disproportionately. I won't limit it to the known militias, but they are a pretty good example of the mindset that exists on the right. The whole "over my dead body" theme isn't just a catchphrase.

If 23 people being killed is minor, then what do you consider major? Does something have to rise to the level of OKC or 9/11 to be considered major?

If pushed? Pushed how? Unless it is a self defense situation, then nobody is pushing another person to commit violence. If Trump loses, and someone goes out and does something stupid, they werent "pushed", they will have made that choice. Same if Trump wins and somebody on the left does something stupid. And again, many of these groups travel all over the country to insert themselves in situations that have nothing to do with them, they arent "pushed" to do that, they choose to do that. You are going out of your way to act like some of these people are just sitting at home minding their own business, and have no choice but to act, but that isnt true at all.

If 23 people being killed is minor, then what do you consider major? Does something have to rise to the level of OKC or 9/11 to be considered major?

If pushed? Pushed how? Unless it is a self defense situation, then nobody is pushing another person to commit violence. If Trump loses, and someone goes out and does something stupid, they werent "pushed", they will have made that choice. Same if Trump wins and somebody on the left does something stupid. And again, many of these groups travel all over the country to insert themselves in situations that have nothing to do with them, they arent "pushed" to do that, they choose to do that. You are going out of your way to act like some of these people are just sitting at home minding their own business, and have no choice but to act, but that isnt true at all.
Ok, you win. The right is only as dangerous as what we have seen.

My motivation is to have a discussion about things going on in this country. This is a message board, we discuss things. If you dont want to discuss it, no one is forcing you too so I am not sure why you are so defensive.
Because you decided to post a “see your side is worse” loaded implication trying to get conservatives on here to disavow nut jobs as if there were ever some relationship between conservatives and Whatever the hell this shit is. Just like Trigeek accusing anybody on the right of center as being QAnon fanboys even though none of us even have any idea what that group pushes. It gets old.

You employ this rhetorical tactic frequently, whether you realize it or not. Then you claim innocent naievete when you get called out on it. It’s basically the same as what firm bizzle calls Crazyhole out for when he posts almost exclusively crimes of black criminals.

Because you decided to post a “see your side is worse” loaded implication trying to get conservatives on here to disavow nut jobs as if there were ever some relationship between conservatives and Whatever the hell this shit is. Just like Trigeek accusing anybody on the right of center as being QAnon fanboys even though none of us even have any idea what that group pushes. It gets old.

You employ this rhetorical tactic frequently, whether you realize it or not. Then you claim innocent naievete when you get called out on it. It’s basically the same as what firm bizzle calls Crazyhole out for when he posts almost exclusively crimes of black criminals.

Read the exchanges I had with Crazy, when I post specific examples he essentially says they dont count. He goes out of his way to say some of these people just want to be left alone, but will be "pushed" to do things, almost as if they are victims in all of this. You have barely addressed it and just go on and on about my motivations, instead of just actually discussing the topic. We discuss a lot of topics on this board, but on this topic you are suddenly concerned about motivations about why it is being discussed? Which was my point all along, that you guys would ignore it. I am not saying you support it, but I am saying you dont want attention brought to it, because it's not a good look Trump.

I am sorry, but yeah, I have a hard time believing that people who keep up with politics and the news dont know about Qanon. It has been discussed on this board, it is all over social media (if you use any social media), it has been all over the news, Trump has been asked about it numerous times, his rallies are filled with Q apparel, etc etc. But conveniently, you guys dont know anything about it? And no, I am not saying you are a Qanon supporter, I think a lot of you guys, and Republicans in general, ignore things like this because they know it is batshit crazy, but they dont want to turn off a pretty significant portion of Trump supporters who believe it. It is exactly why Trump pretends to not know anything about it. He obviously doesnt want to endorse it because he knows it would make him look nuts, but he also doesnt want to turn off a significant # of people who believe it, and will be voting for him. It is disingenuous.

Because you decided to post a “see your side is worse” loaded implication trying to get conservatives on here to disavow nut jobs as if there were ever some relationship between conservatives and Whatever the hell this shit is.
Or maybe, just maybe, its just a case of giving our resident Trumpsters a taste of their own medicine when they routinely lumped Black Lives Matters protesters in with the looters and rioters.

Read the exchanges I had with Crazy, when I post specific examples he essentially says they dont count. He goes out of his way to say some of these people just want to be left alone, but will be "pushed" to do things, almost as if they are victims in all of this. You have barely addressed it and just go on and on about my motivations, instead of just actually discussing the topic. We discuss a lot of topics on this board, but on this topic you are suddenly concerned about motivations about why it is being discussed? Which was my point all along, that you guys would ignore it. I am not saying you support it, but I am saying you dont want attention brought to it, because it's not a good look Trump.

I am sorry, but yeah, I have a hard time believing that people who keep up with politics and the news dont know about Qanon. It has been discussed on this board, it is all over social media (if you use any social media), it has been all over the news, Trump has been asked about it numerous times, his rallies are filled with Q apparel, etc etc. But conveniently, you guys dont know anything about it? And no, I am not saying you are a Qanon supporter, I think a lot of you guys, and Republicans in general, ignore things like this because they know it is batshit crazy, but they dont want to turn off a pretty significant portion of Trump supporters who believe it. It is exactly why Trump pretends to not know anything about it. He obviously doesnt want to endorse it because he knows it would make him look nuts, but he also doesnt want to turn off a significant # of people who believe it, and will be voting for him. It is disingenuous.
I never said they don't count. Once again you are inferring into someone's comment what you think they mean, and attacking the inference. I say the right is capable of far more than domestic terrorism, and you think that means I'm dismissing terrorism, but that is far from the case. Either way, you can argue against an imagined caricature all you want, its a free damn country.

I'm pretty sure the capacity for violence is a human condition regardless of one's politics.

I never said they don't count. Once again you are inferring into someone's comment what you think they mean, and attacking the inference. I say the right is capable of far more than domestic terrorism, and you think that means I'm dismissing terrorism, but that is far from the case. Either way, you can argue against an imagined caricature all you want, its a free damn country.
You're facing a lost government through democratic means and seeking solace in the imagined future terrorism from right wing extremists. You can almost hear the excitement in your posts about how powerful the right will be when they start commiting more terrorism than they already do. It's more civil war secession fan fiction from a disturbed individual who is becoming unhinged by the idea that americans might have access to healthcare.

You're facing a lost government through democratic means and seeking solace in the imagined future terrorism from right wing extremists. You can almost hear the excitement in your posts about how powerful the right will be when they start commiting more terrorism than they already do. It's more civil war secession fan fiction from a disturbed individual who is becoming unhinged by the idea that americans might have access to healthcare.
Nailed it. I want a French style revolution where the people stand up and drag the bourgeoisie out to the guillotine.

ADVERTISEMENT