ADVERTISEMENT

Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004

Real or staged? JMO, but that looked real to me. Granted, he's a good actor but Will looked genuinely pissed when he sat back down.

ALL THESE OUT OF CONTROL ACTORS!!!!

PROBABLY A SIDE EFFECT OF THE VACCINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Maybe this was just a demonstration of toxic masculinity. Or black on black crime that goes unpunished.

The joke was in extremely poor taste but you knock his ass out in the hallway after the show. You don’t walk up on stage in the middle of the show and slap him in front of everyone. I’m all for him being pissed off but let’s show a little decorum here.

The joke was in extremely poor taste but you knock his ass out in the hallway after the show. You don’t walk up on stage in the middle of the show and slap him in front of everyone. I’m all for him being pissed off but let’s show a little decorum here.
Will Smith laughed hysterically after Rock said what he did. Then, he looked over at Jane (pun intended) and she was pissed. I don't think Rock knew about her medical condition, TBH.

I wonder if Jada beat Will's ass for initially laughing hysterically at Rock's joke. Will probably had to act fast to save their open marriage.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What should we have really expected though? When we are told to be offended by nearly everything it's only a matter of time before someone snaps. This one is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but it's a harbinger of things to come.

What should we have really expected though? When we are told to be offended by nearly everything it's only a matter of time before someone snaps. This one is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but it's a harbinger of things to come.
Him getting a standing ovation and then justifying it because he just played a role that acted similarly is out-of-line too. Unless we’re now saying that taking matters into your own hands through violent action is not only perfectly acceptable but applauded. Is that where we want the culture to move?

Reactions: Crazyhole
Him getting a standing ovation and then justifying it because he just played a role that acted similarly is out-of-line too. Unless we’re now saying that taking matters into your own hands through violent action is not only perfectly acceptable but applauded. Is that where we want the culture to move?
Unfortunately I don't think we have any choice. Respect, trust, forgiveness, and grace are relics of the past now. It's going to take a generation to bring those values back.

Unfortunately I don't think we have any choice. Respect, trust, forgiveness, and grace are relics of the past now. It's going to take a generation to bring those values back.
Well, to be honest, this stuff has kinda always happened. We just make far more note of it now.

Couldn't get access to the original Twit, so here's mine (since I'm a Twit) ... ;)

I have dozens upon dozens of Star Trek memes that are cracking me up. Some are just rips from non-Trek themes that fit most any theme, but some are totally Trek inspired ...

Anybody want to place bets on this turning around and Chris Rock and Jada are also both attacked in the near future? The spirit of the age will come for them as well.

Reading more about Will Smith, he seems to really struggle with the open marriage that Jada has forced him into. Many of his interviews have shown deep insecurities. He even hired an “intimacy coach” who helped him feel ok about thinking women other than his wife were beautiful and helped him be able to date women while married to Jada. I actually feel bad for the guy. Chasing a woman with crazy ideas about marriage when your a traditional romantic kind of guy can be really tough.

Reading more about Will Smith, he seems to really struggle with the open marriage that Jada has forced him into. Many of his interviews have shown deep insecurities. He even hired an “intimacy coach” who helped him feel ok about thinking women other than his wife were beautiful and helped him be able to date women while married to Jada. I actually feel bad for the guy. Chasing a woman with crazy ideas about marriage when your a traditional romantic kind of guy can be really tough.
Agreed. It really requires 2 people to go into it wanting such. I don't think he ever did.

Didn't he bang Margot Robbie?

On top of it, he's a raging alcoholic.

I've known a few couples that tried it. None of them worked out. Maybe there's a reason that sex should be limited to marriage....(duh)

Didn't he bang Margot Robbie?

On top of it, he's a raging alcoholic.
I turned into a raging alcoholic for a bit when I told my first wife that I wanted to start our family and she said she wanted a coworker. People aren’t prepared for crazy shit and cope in all different ways.

I've known a few couples that tried it. None of them worked out. Maybe there's a reason that sex should be limited to marriage....(duh)
For most people, I agree. It's hard enough to have a 2-way communication going between 2 people. Add in more, and ... yeah ... exponential is unmanageable for most people.

And it's even worse in our Anglo-American culture. We're not Franco, and the cultural differences are great. But ... just look at Hollywood and TV, and they glorify extra-marital, let alone irresponsible, promiscuous, sex in ways the French rarely do.

And that's why the French make fun of us too. Especially our STD infection rates, especially among teenagers, in comparison.

I turned into a raging alcoholic for a bit when I told my first wife that I wanted to start our family and she said she wanted a coworker. People aren’t prepared for crazy shit and cope in all different ways.
True. But is it still a thing with you? Probably not.

And I think it’s fairly well known he banged Margot. Will, just like the rest of Hollywood, is an absolute phony.

True. But is it still a thing with you? Probably not.

And I think it’s fairly well known he banged Margot. Will, just like the rest of Hollywood, is an absolute phony.
Not a thing with me but it lingered far longer than I'd like to admit. He's still in the same situation that's causing him the pain so it's understandable that he would be turning to other vices. If you read some of his interviews, he's got a lot of lingering guilt over the extramarital affairs even though Jada doesn't. He even said something like "the intimacy coach helped me understand that dating someone else doesn't make me a piece of shit." He may intellectually understand but I don't think that he has internalized that. The overzealous defense of her makes me think that he is deep in the codependency on his side.

And then there's the Scientology...

Not a thing with me but it lingered far longer than I'd like to admit. He's still in the same situation that's causing him the pain so it's understandable that he would be turning to other vices. If you read some of his interviews, he's got a lot of lingering guilt over the extramarital affairs even though Jada doesn't. He even said something like "the intimacy coach helped me understand that dating someone else doesn't make me a piece of shit." He may intellectually understand but I don't think that he has internalized that. The overzealous defense of her makes me think that he is deep in the codependency on his side.

And then there's the Scientology...
Yeah. It’s probably not as cut and dry. Again, he initially laughed at this and then got pissed. There were a million other ways to handle this especially since Rock probably didn’t know of her condition.

There is also the possibility that Rock and Smith have bad blood between them. SMITH was outspoken against the academy for not enough black representation the year Rock hosted. Who knows.

Yeah. It’s probably not as cut and dry. Again, he initially laughed at this and then got pissed. There were a million other ways to handle this especially since Rock probably didn’t know of her condition.

There is also the possibility that Rock and Smith have bad blood between them. SMITH was outspoken against the academy for not enough black representation the year Rock hosted. Who knows.
That first point is exactly what I'd expect from someone who's emotional state is unhealthily dependent on his wife's acceptance.

Rock made a joke in that earlier Oscars about the Smith's boycott being worthless because they "weren't invited" anyways (meaning he didn't get a nomination) and his target was Jada then as well. I'd have to agree that it helped fuel last night.

The best part about this incident are the quality memes popping up. I hope South Park has something lined up as well.

I have a lot of anxiety about this christmas. After 2 suicidal episodes this year I am really uncomfortable with the idea of being around the in-laws. This year has also brought about changes with my girls. I got divorced 8 years ago and had full custody of my kids until this year. They moved in with their mom in january and things have been pretty difficult between us since then. Nobody, including my wife, has been terribly supportive of what I've been dealing with this year and I've been putting on a happy face whenever I'm asked how things are going because when I'm honest it makes things worse. I'm just tired of it and now its going to be in my face for the next few days. Nobody understands but everybody has a solution.

Sorry to vent. Merry christmas to everyone"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT