ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Conspiracy Theorist in Media

Good article and reminder that Adam Schiff is a cretin who went on TV every other day to peddle lies and mIsinformation for 2 entire years.

I nominate the overwhelming favorite and the franchise performer of this outlet... MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow

http://archive.is/nzPkH

Hannity is the running here too right? His deep-state stuff is like a nightly tin-foil-hat show. Of course, if you believe all of Trump's conspiracy ramblings you don't think Hannity is pitching conspiracy theories. The same WaPo media cited above did an anlysis how Hannity reported on the Horowitz report.

I liked the final paragraph:
The end result is that “Hannity” is creating his own version of a fraudulent FISA application. He’s like the low-performing case agent who fails to include the proper information so that his bosses — the viewers — can make informed decisions. Somehow he has failed to glimpse this irony.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/11/horowitzs-report-breaks-sean-hannitys-mantra/

Hannity is the running here too right? His deep-state stuff is like a nightly tin-foil-hat show. Of course, if you believe all of Trump's conspiracy ramblings you don't think Hannity is pitching conspiracy theories. The same WaPo media cited above did an anlysis how Hannity reported on the Horowitz report.

The end result is that “Hannity” is creating his own version of a fraudulent FISA application. He’s like the low-performing case agent who fails to include the proper information so that his bosses — the viewers — can make informed decisions. Somehow he has failed to glimpse this irony.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/11/horowitzs-report-breaks-sean-hannitys-mantra/

I used to watch or listen to Hannity on occasion but absolutely can't stand him since 2016. It's amazing he has such a large audience.

"I'm not a republican, Im a registered conservative"

"Im going to support whoever the Republican nominee is"

Total frigging hack.

Reactions: UCFWayne

It’s amusing how you again give MSNBC and a Maddow almost a free pass but unload on Hannity.

That dude Maddow is the worst and people keep thinking he is smart because of a ph.d in philosophy. Please

It's amusing how you give FOX News and Hannity almost a free pass but unload on Maddow.
You do realize that Hannity and his guests almost single handily proved the FISA warrants were abused, the Steal dossier was fake and President was spies upon.

It's amusing how you give FOX News and Hannity almost a free pass but unload on Maddow.

Where did I? Was he even part of the actual story linked? Sorry if your crying about Fox and more attempted Whataboutism prevented you from reading

It’s amusing how you again give MSNBC and a Maddow almost a free pass but unload on Hannity.

LOL. I literally linked to a twitter thread on the Dossier that explicitly criticizes Maddow in the same context as the article in the second post in this thread.

Where did I? Was he even part of the actual story linked? Sorry if your crying about Fox and more attempted Whataboutism prevented you from reading

Well, the title of thread was "Worst Conspiracy Theorist in Media." sk8night nominated Maddow in the opening post. I nominated Hannity a few posts down. You decided to infer that because I nominated Hannity, I was defending Maddow, even though my only comment on Maddow was linking to a Twitter thread concurring with the thesis of the article.

Trel MK then applied the same flawed logic you used back onto yourself. Self awareness would be helpful here.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Well, the title of thread was "Worst Conspiracy Theorist in Media." sk8night nominated Maddow in the opening post. I nominated Hannity a few posts down. You decided to infer that because I nominated Hannity, I was defending Maddow, even though my only comment on Maddow was linking to a Twitter thread concurring with the thesis of the article.

Trel MK then applied the same flawed logic you used back onto yourself. Self awareness would be helpful here.
I was hoping to spur a discussion of all of them and Hannity is fair game. As someone else said, though, he did shine a light on a good deal of behavior that was dismissed as wild conspiracy theory before it was proven to be true.

Maddow is terrible but she's at least pretty smart. Hannity is terrible and I have no idea how he has garnered the audience that he has because the guy is an idiot. I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody has nominated Alex Jones or Kos, both of which are far worse than either of the other 2.

Maddow is terrible but she's at least pretty smart. Hannity is terrible and I have no idea how he has garnered the audience that he has because the guy is an idiot. I'm actually kind of surprised that nobody has nominated Alex Jones or Kos, both of which are far worse than either of the other 2.
But she is not smart, she may be intelligent but she is as dumb as a bucket of rocks.

This is pretty much how I feel.

I do know why Hannity has an audience though - it's because he turns the news cycle into a soap opera. He creates a good-vs-evil narrative where the future of America is on the line every night. This is my problem generally with I'd call the mainstream-right media with Hannity as the figurehead. I mean, he wrote a book called "Delivering us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism". Yup - he equates liberalism to terrorism right in the title of his book.

To me that tone is radically different from someone like Maddow. Compare how Soros is covered in right media versus say the Koch brothers. You can do hard-hitting investigative work without the good-vs-evil emotional narrative.

I think Alex Jones is the clear winner if we're leaving the mainstream. What's problematic is how far his type of narrative has infected more mainstream right wing outlets. I mean, Trump has praised Alex Jones before. It blows my mind that someone who was praising Alex Jones could become POTUS but here we are.

Reactions: Crazyhole

I do know why Hannity has an audience though - it's because he turns the news cycle into a soap opera. He creates a good-vs-evil narrative where the future of America is on the line every night. This is my problem generally with I'd call the mainstream-right media with Hannity as the figurehead. I mean, he wrote a book called "Delivering us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism". Yup - he equates liberalism to terrorism right in the title of his book.

To me that tone is radically different from someone like Maddow. Compare how Soros is covered in right media versus say the Koch brothers. You can do hard-hitting investigative work without the good-vs-evil emotional narrative.

I think Alex Jones is the clear winner if we're leaving the mainstream. What's problematic is how far his type of narrative has infected more mainstream right wing outlets. I mean, Trump has praised Alex Jones before. It blows my mind that someone who was praising Alex Jones could become POTUS but here we are.

I never understood why people listen to Hannity. I did during the 2016 primary because he would have a candidate on pretty much every day but as soon as Trump won I just couldn't stand his show. Same way with Rush, but at least he's kind of funny sometimes. Maddow is snarky in a way that I can appreciate but I can't stand the way she spins all things into republican=bad, democrat=good. I guess someone had to pick up the torch after Ed Schultz died.

Don't forget his Seth Rich stuff, where he essentially tormented a family in mourning for months, just to try and make the DNC look bad.

IOW, he does what the Democrats have been doing since Dubya. I can see why you would hate him.

Don't forget his Seth Rich stuff, where he essentially tormented a family in mourning for months, just to try and make the DNC look bad.
Yeah, that was pretty disgusting. He politicized a murder, and even if his conspiracy theory turned out to be true and Clinton did have him killed, it was extremely callous to talk about it the way he did.

Reactions: UCFBS and sk8knight

So you are denying that it was Hannity and his guests like Gregg Jarrett and John Solomon that didn’t blow open the FISA abuse by the FBI and Obama administrators involved in it?

You're seriously not defending Maddow? Maddow is the Progressive Hannity.

Maddow utterly lost me when she not only defended the Obama administration wire tapping reporters and throwing reporters in jail for not revealing sources, by saying W. did the same, when it was a Democratic-led Congressional panel that threw a reporter in jail during W. Heck, they didn't release him until the reporter's "source" came out on his own -- Amitage -- making the entire US Media and Democrats look like idiots for going after Libby.

The woman is just as bad as Hannity. Both have destroyed the lives of innocent people. The difference is that Hannity isn't trying to undermine and destroy the Free Press itself! Maddow is!!!

When Progressives wake up to how much they are destroying the Free Press ... from MSNBC's Maddow to CNN's CEO Zucker, I'll defend them.

SIDE NOTE: The Koch Brothers are Libertarians, and utterly demonized. Heck, Koch and others do far more for allegedly 'Liberal' causes than Soros! In the '90s the US Media used to hate the Koch Brothers for being pro-gay marriage, and have now re-written their history to say the Koch Brothers have been against it all along.

Last edited:
You're seriously not defending Maddow? Maddow is the Progressive Hannity.

Maddow utterly lost me when she not only defended the Obama administration wire tapping reports and throwing reporters in jail for not revealing sources, by saying W. did the same, when it was a Democratic-led Congressional panel that threw a reporter in jail during W. Heck, they didn't release him until the reporter's "source" came out on his own -- Amitage -- making the entire US Media and Democrats look like idiots for going after Libby.

The woman is just as bad as Hannity. Both have destroyed the lives of innocent people. The difference is that Hannity isn't trying to undermine and destroy the Free Press itself! Maddow is!!!

When Progressives wake up to how much they are destroying the Free Press ... from MSNBC's Maddow to CNN's CEO Zucker, I'll defend them.

SIDE NOTE: The Koch Brothers are Libertarians, and utterly demonized. Heck, Koch and others do far more for allegedly 'Liberal' causes than Soros! In the '90s the US Media used to hate the Koch Brothers for being pro-gay marriage, and have now re-written their history to say the Koch Brothers have been against it all along.
It’s not a comparison at all, Hannity and his guests broke open the FISA abuse and the corruption at the FBI. Maddow got a partial tax return from Trump and was so stupid, she had no idea how to read them.

Yeah, that was pretty disgusting. He politicized a murder, and even if his conspiracy theory turned out to be true and Clinton did have him killed, it was extremely callous to talk about it the way he did.
So you are denying that it was Hannity and his guests like Gregg Jarrett and John Solomon that didn’t blow open the FISA abuse by the FBI and Obama administrators involved in it?
The only one worse than Hannity is Limbaugh, who is one of the biggest hypocrites of all-time. In fact, Maddow is more like Limbaugh than Hannity.

But all three (3) have seriously harmed American citizens who are not politicians, and are vile in my view.

But yes, Hannity and others broke that wide open. And the US Media -- other than Tapper (at ABC News at the time) -- was the only person out there calling the Obama administration on how they were not just 'attacking' Fox News, especially Rosen, but the 'justifications' being used, back in 2009.

And then we found out in 2013 it wasn't just Rosen or Fox News ... but the entire US Media. Fox News was just the 'justification,' yet ... it was all of them.

Fox News pisses me off, Hannity the most of the lot. MSNBC does as well, Maddow almost as much as Limbaugh. But for 98% of that conflict-driven, advertising-seeking, load of BS ... they both serve a purpose 2% of the time.

Which is why Hannity and Maddow have their uses, heck even Limbaugh (who I despise the most). Beck also needs some serious lessons in journalistic integrity too, although he wasn't educated as a journalist.

The 1st Amendment is about the Free Press, 100% based on individual right to free speech, and assembly into one. I warned and warned and warned my colleagues in DC -- as I was working there in 2009 -- that this 'not a media organization' and 'no right to be here' was wrong, and it would only get worse.

Now we have CNN CEO Zucker ... who believes Fox News shouldn't exist, just like President Obama did.

BTW, Fox News also has Chris Wallace, and I'll be damned if anyone can give me one reason why he doesn't have integrity. He's far better than his dad, and I had a lot of respect for his dad too -- especially in this day'n age.

That dude Maddow is the worst and people keep thinking he is smart because of a ph.d in philosophy. Please
Sigh ... don't go there. Maddow has really lost it the last decade-plus. And to think I used to like her very early century.

Of course, I was understood to be more of a 'Liberal' back then. Now ... Liberals and Libertarians are far, far more alike than Liberals and Progressives.

It’s not a comparison at all, Hannity and his guests broke open the FISA abuse and the corruption at the FBI.
Yes, Hannity gets things 'right' from time-to-time, just like Maddow. And both are the worst examples of 'talking heads' on TV. I'd rather watch Wolf, and I hate Wolf too. ;)

And when they do it to non-politicians and non-celebrities, their news channels get their @$$es handed to them in the courts too.

Maddow got a partial tax return from Trump and was so stupid, she had no idea how to read them.
That's likely lack of prep. I'm sure if I got a partial tax return and tried to go on-air with it without prep, I'd look like an idiot too.

Hannity, Maddow and others have such blatant hate, it just totally makes them look like partisan idiots on their own. Again, Maddow's self-defeating 'low blow' was the wire tapping and eventual jailing of reporters. And she couldn't even get the Libby history correct.

But if you ask most Americans what Libby was found guilty of, they would say leaking Plame's name. Yet Armitage announced it to the public, and has no criminal record -- not even after the reporter that was jailed came out and admitted it was Armitage. In other words, the Democrats and US Media kept up the 'mirage' hoping Americans would believe the story, even after it was shown to be a total lie.

That's the world the US Media created, talking heads like Maddow have created, and why more and more people are not listening to the US Media. Not that they are watching Fox News, much less Hannity, but why they have 'tuned out.' Fox News was already the 'anti-Obama' channel. But the entire US Media is the 'anti-Trump' conglomerate.

And yes, there's quantitative numbers behind that, and it's fueling the like of Trump by moderates and others who refuse to vote 3rd party. Me? I'll always vote my conscious, and Trump will not get my vote. But unless the Democrats put up anyone that's not a tool, they won't get it either.

Biden has utterly lost all consideration now. He had a good chance with me prior, the best of any Democratic candidate prior, since I voted for Dole -- the only Republican I have ever -- out of respect in '96 as well. I only regret not voting Republican once, and that's '12 Romney. Damn he was right ... about most everything.

The only one worse than Hannity is Limbaugh, who is one of the biggest hypocrites of all-time. In fact, Maddow is more like Limbaugh than Hannity.

But all three (3) have seriously harmed American citizens who are not politicians, and are vile in my view.

But yes, Hannity and others broke that wide open. And the US Media -- other than Tapper (at ABC News at the time) -- was the only person out there calling the Obama administration on how they were not just 'attacking' Fox News, especially Rosen, but the 'justifications' being used, back in 2009.

And then we found out in 2013 it wasn't just Rosen or Fox News ... but the entire US Media. Fox News was just the 'justification,' yet ... it was all of them.

Fox News pisses me off, Hannity the most of the lot. MSNBC does as well, Maddow almost as much as Limbaugh. But for 98% of that conflict-driven, advertising-seeking, load of BS ... they both serve a purpose 2% of the time.

Which is why Hannity and Maddow have their uses, heck even Limbaugh (who I despise the most). Beck also needs some serious lessons in journalistic integrity too, although he wasn't educated as a journalist.

The 1st Amendment is about the Free Press, 100% based on individual right to free speech, and assembly into one. I warned and warned and warned my colleagues in DC -- as I was working there in 2009 -- that this 'not a media organization' and 'no right to be here' was wrong, and it would only get worse.

Now we have CNN CEO Zucker ... who believes Fox News shouldn't exist, just like President Obama did.

BTW, Fox News also has Chris Wallace, and I'll be damned if anyone can give me one reason why he doesn't have integrity. He's far better than his dad, and I had a lot of respect for his dad too -- especially in this day'n age.

Sigh ... don't go there. Maddow has really lost it the last decade-plus. And to think I used to like her very early century.

Of course, I was understood to be more of a 'Liberal' back then. Now ... Liberals and Libertarians are far, far more alike than Liberals and Progressives.

Why is Limbaugh a hypocrite? I dont like him but he's pretty consistent. If this is just the oxycontin thing it's fine, but that doesnt make him a hypocrite. As far as Glenn Beck, he doesn't deserve the criticism he gets. He was a shock jock for a long time but the guy is one of the better people out there today.

Why is Limbaugh a hypocrite? I dont like him but he's pretty consistent. If this is just the oxycontin thing it's fine, but that doesnt make him a hypocrite.
The oxy was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Most of the things he complains about he does, and does just as bad.

He goes after people, everyday people, when he is not a man who really had such a standing to do that to.

As far as Glenn Beck, he doesn't deserve the criticism he gets. He was a shock jock for a long time but the guy is one of the better people out there today.
He's not a journalist. He shouldn't play one. He's a walking disaster as one. He says things that I, just a 'civics nutjob,' end up cringing over.

I'll agree, Glenn Beck is a 'man of the people.' But so was Samuel Adams. I'm far more of a John Adams guy.

The oxy was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Most of the things he complains about he does, and does just as bad.

He goes after people, everyday people, when he is not a man who really had such a standing to do that to.

He's not a journalist. He shouldn't play one. He's a walking disaster as one. He says things that I, just a 'civics nutjob,' end up cringing over.

I'll agree, Glenn Beck is a 'man of the people.' But so was Samuel Adams. I'm far more of a John Adams guy.

How can you claim to be a libertarian and also be a John Adams guy? That's like me saying that I follow Jesus but really like Hitler.

Yes, Hannity gets things 'right' from time-to-time, just like Maddow. And both are the worst examples of 'talking heads' on TV. I'd rather watch Wolf, and I hate Wolf too. ;)

And when they do it to non-politicians and non-celebrities, their news channels get their @$$es handed to them in the courts too.

That's likely lack of prep. I'm sure if I got a partial tax return and tried to go on-air with it without prep, I'd look like an idiot too.

Hannity, Maddow and others have such blatant hate, it just totally makes them look like partisan idiots on their own. Again, Maddow's self-defeating 'low blow' was the wire tapping and eventual jailing of reporters. And she couldn't even get the Libby history correct.

But if you ask most Americans what Libby was found guilty of, they would say leaking Plame's name. Yet Armitage announced it to the public, and has no criminal record -- not even after the reporter that was jailed came out and admitted it was Armitage. In other words, the Democrats and US Media kept up the 'mirage' hoping Americans would believe the story, even after it was shown to be a total lie.

That's the world the US Media created, talking heads like Maddow have created, and why more and more people are not listening to the US Media. Not that they are watching Fox News, much less Hannity, but why they have 'tuned out.' Fox News was already the 'anti-Obama' channel. But the entire US Media is the 'anti-Trump' conglomerate.

And yes, there's quantitative numbers behind that, and it's fueling the like of Trump by moderates and others who refuse to vote 3rd party. Me? I'll always vote my conscious, and Trump will not get my vote. But unless the Democrats put up anyone that's not a tool, they won't get it either.

Biden has utterly lost all consideration now. He had a good chance with me prior, the best of any Democratic candidate prior, since I voted for Dole -- the only Republican I have ever -- out of respect in '96 as well. I only regret not voting Republican once, and that's '12 Romney. Damn he was right ... about most everything.
Please list the things maddow has gotten right.

How can you claim to be a libertarian and also be a John Adams guy? That's like me saying that I follow Jesus but really like Hitler.
I can associate with part of John Adams' life, not all of it. In fact, I use John Adams as a lesson on how even Libertarian Americans can become Totalitarian with power.

At the same time, Thomas Jefferson wasn't exactly the anti-Adams, and he ended up becoming the far, far bigger hypocrite.

Please list the things maddow has gotten right.
I agree with her thoughts on Eisenhower age Republicans. The problem is that she doesn't realize they still exist, and the Democratic party is the anti-freedom party now.

I honestly think Maddow 'tripped' with the Tea Party movement, and it caused her to forget all of the bigotry that still defines the Democratic party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT