ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Ref Crew

And apparently a downed ball can be taken away for a fumble... No way we have a chance in this game but these refs are worse than Don Cherry of the ACC ref corps....

Reactions: UCFProf
Marc Daniels and his side kick are apoplectic. Even the TV broadcast crew, led by the Michigan QB (whose team was forced to share the national championship because of Frost's lobbying 19 years ago) conceded that Frost had a case for disputing the calls.

I was pretty upset about some of the calls (especially the targetting) but I want to point out to both sides that I am almost certain that no holding penalties were called on either team. We had some low blocks called but evidently they decided mugging by the o-line was acceptable. It definitely hurt us but at least it was consistent.

Reactions: UCFProf
meee2 & wolverheel are idiots. Even the ABC broadcast crew, led by Michigan Alum Brian Griese, were remarking about the missed Wolverine O-Line holding calls, missed Wolverine D-Back holding calls, and the fact that the targeting call was not correct.

Difference between a crap B1g ref crew and a crap MAC crew. The MAC crew acknowledges their mistake and apologizes. It makes no difference, Okla St still lost, but it at least shows class. I won't hold my breath for the other crew to acknowledge their incompetence. But, Mich fans, keep mentioning that 1 or 2 times they missed a call on UCF, we've got 10 of those for every 1 of yours.

Well at least we won't see those clowns again for a long... awww crap... I forgot Maryland is in the B1G now.

Well at least we won't see those clowns again for a long... awww crap... I forgot Maryland is in the B1G now.
We should demand an AAC crew. But since we can't, can we check if anyone from yesterday will be officiating here again? We could orchestrate a chorus of boos and even signs in the crowd when he (or they) walk on the field?

I have a couple Michigan friends who pretty much admit the bias nature of the refs . Their attitude is well, UCF never was in the game so it did not matter. There were a couome blatant holds as our defense was rushing the QB where had they not been held, one the UM guy was holding onto the back of the jersey , where we could have sacked his butt for a loss. .

Maybe UCF would never win that game this season, but maybe it would have been a closer game too? I don't know. A loss is a loss and I suppose if the game was all tires up and the bad play calling would be more apparent?

What can you do? Go Knights.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I have a couple Michigan friends who pretty much admit the bias nature of the refs . Their attitude is well, UCF never was in the game so it did not matter. There were a couome blatant holds as our defense was rushing the QB where had they not been held, one the UM guy was holding onto the back of the jersey , where we could have sacked his butt for a loss. .

Maybe UCF would never win that game this season, but maybe it would have been a closer game too? I don't know. A loss is a loss and I suppose if the game was all tires up and the bad play calling would be more apparent?

What can you do? Go Knights.
When you get to play 8 home games a year with a deafening home-crowd advantage, college football changes from an athletic contest to Christians vs. Lions/Hunger Games entertainment diversion: tailgate partying and watch the slaughter of a patsy. I've been at a few statewide "flagship" universities. These isolated college towns even added the traditional street riots after major victories.

I just rewatched the game. Worst refs ever.

No calls on Michigan until late 3rd quarter. Give me a break.

1st their oline was holding all game. Balant holds too. Their dbs were holding too. Of course the announcers called out their terrible targeting call.

I'm honestly considering downloading the game to edit how the refs gave the game to Michigan. It's like we played with arm tied behind our back. Disgusting.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
I just rewatched the game. Worst refs ever. 1st their oline was holding all game. Balant holds too. Their dbs were holding too.
It's like we played with arm tied behind our back. Disgusting.
And our one-handed OLB was held the most. Gary Paris mentioned on the one sack, one of our players had been held repeatedly on outside rush, so he got to the QB by choosing an interior blitz.

I still say my favorite moment was on a Michigan punt return. One of their players held, then when our player beat the hold, he pushed him in the back. He immediately raised his hands and looked around for a flag. The kid is literally trailing the play, with his "you got me" hands in the air, looking around at all the officials.

We should demand an AAC crew. But since we can't, can we check if anyone from yesterday will be officiating here again? We could orchestrate a chorus of boos and even signs in the crowd when he (or they) walk on the field?
The one thing we have going for us, is that it's at home, so the replay booth with be AAC refs. So they can't do BS targeting calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT