ADVERTISEMENT

Would you vote for a candidate who was not married?

brahmanknight

Sep 5, 2007
Winter Park
Everything else being equal, would you vote for a candidate for president if that man or woman was single?

Does their marital status change the way you would view that person as a leader?

A quote for The Departed: "Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work."

Originally posted by UCFKNIGHTS88:
A quote for The Departed: "Marriage is an important part of getting ahead. It lets people know you're not a homo. A married guy seems more stable. People see the ring, they think 'at least somebody can stand the son of a bitch.' Ladies see the ring, they know immediately that you must have some cash, and your cock must work."
laugh.r191677.gif
I love that movie!

James Buchanan was the only President who did not get married. He was a train wreck as a leader.

I will say that I had a trial partner who bought a wedding ring in a pawn shop. He would wear it for trials and swore it got him votes from the married females on the juries. He rarely lost, even bad cases, so I am inclined to believe it.

I would. I only want a president answering to us, not their spouse.

Originally posted by UCFWayne:

Originally posted by UCFKNIGHTS88:
laugh.r191677.gif
I love that movie!
Great movie!!! But I have to say that I am having a freakin blast being totally single.
This post was edited on 3/3 1:41 PM by barrister1602

Originally posted by UCFecon10:
I would. I only want a president answering to us, not their spouse.
This is a good point. The last two Democrat First Ladies have entered the White House thinking they were elected too. Having Congress who felt like they didnt have to capitulate to every bad idea proposed by a First Lady or risk alienating the key vote of women would be nice.

On the other hand, Golda Meir was a widow when she took office in Israel. She knew how to run a country.

Originally posted by HuffyCane:
James Buchanan was the only President who did not get married. He was a train wreck as a leader.

I will say that I had a trial partner who bought a wedding ring in a pawn shop. He would wear it for trials and swore it got him votes from the married females on the juries. He rarely lost, even bad cases, so I am inclined to believe it.
Sales Training 101: Not Married? Buy a ring and close a higher %age

I'm not sure if i'd vote for a single person into office. Most successful and trust worthy people are married; though i doubt there is any real correlation between the two.

This post was edited on 3/2 3:48 PM by ReginaeUCF

I wouldn't. That old cliché exists for a reason and it doesn't say behind every good man is another man.

The married ones have done so well....

Single people, cannot be better leaders?

We've voted in two presidents who were unmarried. One was arguably the worst president we ever had (Buchanan) and the other was actually a solid president (Cleveland) during a period when the presidency was a "hands-off" approach to running the country.

Now Cleveland did marry while in office and Buchanan was engaged once but is widely suspected of being a homosexual.
All of this means not. I could care less if a leader is married or not, are they competent; and if not, is their opponent a moron as well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT