ADVERTISEMENT

You can learn a lot about a man from...

chemmie

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2004
what his favorite cut of beef is.

If I'm going for a straight up steak, I will take a ribeye every time.

But, my favorite cut is the skirt. Can't beat the flavor of a good skirt.

Reactions: knightbeer

I’m starting to think in real life you eat Chef Boyardee out of a can and wash it down with Natty Light nightly.

Reactions: OlearyLookAlike
I’m starting to think in real life you eat Chef Boyardee out of a can and wash it down with Natty Light nightly.
I just ate a grilled skirt steak marinated in soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, with a kale and broccoli slaw salad.

A good thick porterhouse done right is hard to beat . Same with a good thick sirloin filet . Anything past medium rare is blasphemy

Skirt steak and homemade chimmichuri is hard to beat.

The Meat House in winter park dry ages ribeyes and it is awesome.

Kansas City Strip, basically like a New York Strip, only bone-in, even more flavor. You only get about 8lbs (5-6 cuts of 20-24oz) per steer, which is why most steak houses don't have it.

Charlie's used to have it decades ago. Whenever I used to go to the Long Beach Grand Prix, I always hit 555 East as they had them. But I think even they removed them from the menu as well.

85 wont read this thread, so we all won't get the chance to ridicule him for being a pansy who eats filet.

85 wont read this thread, so we all won't get the chance to ridicule him for being a pansy who eats filet.
Filet is good, but give me a very thick sirloin and keep it red enough, and it's nearly there.

Anyone else raid Costco or Sams for their $5-6/lbs. thick sirloin superpacks when they have them for that price? I will grill up 10lbs, slice it and eat it all week ... on salads, subs, etc...

Reactions: Knight_Light
35+ day dry aged prime ribeye is my preference, but I do agree with chemmie that a strip steak provides a ton of flavor if done right.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Nothing brings out the flavor of a good steak like some ketchup. Hunt’s is the only kind.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Nothing brings out the flavor of a good steak like some ketchup. Hunt’s is the only kind.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

I would say you are joking, but you are a usf and Trump fan, so you obviously have terrible taste.

You probably like iceberg lettuce too.

My in-laws buy us a half a cow every year for Christmas so we always have a variety of cuts to choose from. Hard to go wrong with a ribeye, but not sure anything can beat a thick porterhouse. At its best, a prime rib is probably a close 2nd but too often it's overcooked or the rub used is too salty.

He said skirt you damn phillistine
Meant to say skirt. Skirts are good. I guess I’d have to ask chemmie if he preferred outside skirts or inside though, to be sure if I agree with him.

My in-laws buy us a half a cow every year for Christmas so we always have a variety of cuts to choose from. Hard to go wrong with a ribeye, but not sure anything can beat a thick porterhouse. At its best, a prime rib is probably a close 2nd but too often it's overcooked or the rub used is too salty.
Oh come on, you’re a Husker fan who I’m sure has had prime rib at Misty’s and you’re still claiming porterhouse? That’s only good at one restaurant in New York City.

Oh come on, you’re a Husker fan who I’m sure has had prime rib at Misty’s and you’re still claiming porterhouse? That’s only good at one restaurant in New York City.

Haha, well yeah mistys does a good prime rib but sometimes they get crazy with the pepper for their rub.

You have fantastic in laws

Can't complain. They are friends with a grower and I don't know what he does different than others, but the cows we've gotten in the last 3 years from him are crazy good. I can honestly say that we can throw a ribeye on a George foreman grill, not season it at all, and it's still better than almost any steak I've ever gotten in a restaurant.

Can't complain. They are friends with a grower and I don't know what he does different than others, but the cows we've gotten in the last 3 years from him are crazy good. I can honestly say that we can throw a ribeye on a George foreman grill, not season it at all, and it's still better than almost any steak I've ever gotten in a restaurant.
We have a really good grass fed grower up here in northwest Volusia county that is awesome, Deep Creek ranch. It is amazing the difference in taste from quality operations rather than mass produced

http://www.deepcreekranch.biz/

Dry aged Tomahawk Ribeye Medium rare, good Bourbon before, bold red with the meal. Throw in a nice salad and some bacon brussels sprouts. Bam.

My MIL calls steak and salad the "diarrhea special". It's reason enough for me to replace the salad portion with another steak. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: btbones
Filet is good, but give me a very thick sirloin and keep it red enough, and it's nearly there.

Anyone else raid Costco or Sams for their $5-6/lbs. thick sirloin superpacks when they have them for that price? I will grill up 10lbs, slice it and eat it all week ... on salads, subs, etc...

I enjoyed a good sirloin... especially with right spices added.

Delicious protein at a very good price.

No love for flank steak in here? I find it very similar to skirt in texture but a little less flavor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT