ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Democrat hopefuls

what were the odds of hillary winning going into election day?
In all honesty, probably about 40%. She had an uphill battle based on the economy right out of the gate, and with her lack of likability and history of scandal it was unlikely she would win.

In all honesty, probably about 40%. She had an uphill battle based on the economy right out of the gate, and with her lack of likability and history of scandal it was unlikely she would win.

I thought she'd win but there were some clear 'early warning' signs in 2016 that my gut told me at the time might lead to an upset in November:

March 8, 2016 - Michigan Primary voters choose Sanders over Clinton
April 6, 2016 - Wisconsin Primary voters choose Sanders over Clinton.
June 23, 2016 - Brexit Vote (signalling crazy was in the air)
October 28, 2016 - FBI reopens Clinton investigation.

I make it a point not to follow this shit but the only thing Dems seem unified on is defeating Trump. Dem establishment vs insurgent progressives. A race to the left bc of the notion that bold new ideas will rock the vote spells certain doom to me.

I thought she'd win but there were some clear 'early warning' signs in 2016 that my gut told me at the time might lead to an upset in November:

March 8, 2016 - Michigan Primary voters choose Sanders over Clinton
April 6, 2016 - Wisconsin Primary voters choose Sanders over Clinton.
June 23, 2016 - Brexit Vote (signalling crazy was in the air)
October 28, 2016 - FBI reopens Clinton investigation.

You also forgot:

-DNC colludes against Bernie as noted in Wikileaks emails
-Deborah Wasserman Schultz resigns as head of the DNC because of her collusion against Bernie
-Stupid ass Hillary hires her two days later to run her campaign (NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!)
-CNN gives Hillary the questions to the debates (NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!)
-Instead of picking Bernie to be her running mate, she chooses some unknown who yaps like a Chihuahua
-Hillary stops campaigning in several key midwestern states because she thinks she has it in the bag and starts picking out curtain colors and rug designs for the White House
-Trump keep campaigning non-stop in those same areas
-Democrats entire platform of "Vote for us you stupid pieces of shit" blows up in their face

Hilarity ensues.

You're wrong if you think that a progressive wont win the dem primary. Are there even any "centrists" running?
The ones I know:
  • Joe Biden (will likely run)
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Cory Booker
  • and Kamala Harris is smart enough to tone down it down if she gets the nomination.

How much can Democrats offer for being lazy and eating potato chips 24/7? We need to steal from the productive!

You also forgot:

-DNC colludes against Bernie as noted in Wikileaks emails
-Deborah Wasserman Schultz resigns as head of the DNC because of her collusion against Bernie
-Stupid ass Hillary hires her two days later to run her campaign (NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!)
-CNN gives Hillary the questions to the debates (NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!)
-Instead of picking Bernie to be her running mate, she chooses some unknown who yaps like a Chihuahua
-Hillary stops campaigning in several key midwestern states because she thinks she has it in the bag and starts picking out curtain colors and rug designs for the White House
-Trump keep campaigning non-stop in those same areas
-Democrats entire platform of "Vote for us you stupid pieces of shit" blows up in their face

Hilarity ensues.

Yeah, but none of that had any effect. Unlike the FBI reopening an investigation two weeeks before the election. There is real tangible evidence that says that absolutely changed people’s minds.

But let’s be real about this. Trump won because 15,000 to 30,000 people in three states voted for him over Hillary. Independents also voted for him over Hillary.

Those same states voted overwhelmingly blue in the midterms and independents disapprove of Trump as a whole since the election.

The economy is booming and yet Trump has the highest disapproval rating in history for a President when the economy is where it is. Trump needs independents to win re-election and yet every move he makes appeals only to those who will vote for him no matter what.

I’m not predicting that he will win or lose. But if people think he’s got this in the bag just because he’s an incumbent, there making a Hillary Clinton error. Because incumbency is meaning less and less. Incumbency as a whole had no net positive effect for those running in the midterms, and those are gaining a national flavor.

Reactions: DaShuckster
But let’s be real about this. Trump won because 15,000 to 30,000 people in three states voted for him over Hillary. Independents also voted for him over Hillary.

Those same states voted overwhelmingly blue in the midterms and independents disapprove of Trump as a whole since the election.

B-B-But Trump rallies are packed, right guys? :)

Yeah, but none of that had any effect. Unlike the FBI reopening an investigation two weeeks before the election. There is real tangible evidence that says that absolutely changed people’s minds.

The economy is booming and yet Trump has the highest disapproval rating in history for a President when the economy is where it is. Trump needs independents to win re-election and yet every move he makes appeals only to those who will vote for him no matter what.

I’m not predicting that he will win or lose. But if people think he’s got this in the bag just because he’s an incumbent, there making a Hillary Clinton error. Because incumbency is meaning less and less. Incumbency as a whole had no net positive effect for those running in the midterms, and those are gaining a national flavor.

Yeap. What was I thinking. No effect whatsoever. In fact, it probably HELPED her out immensely. How she didn't win as a result is absolutely beyond me.

[roll][roll][roll][roll]:flush::flush::flush:

Reactions: UCFWayne

incumbents normally win and assuming the economy is still going strong, he will likely win re-election. if there is a recession, he will lose badly. the dems are moving hard left right now to win the primary and alot of that will be hard to walk back down in the general. most people in this country dont actually support those hard left policies.

incumbents normally win and assuming the economy is still going strong, he will likely win re-election. if there is a recession, he will lose badly. the dems are moving hard left right now to win the primary and alot of that will be hard to walk back down in the general. most people in this country dont actually support those hard left policies.
Shut your dumb ass up, you're voting for your orange master no matter what. Progressive ideas win. If you don't believe me just look at 2018. Democrats elected more progressives than any time in history.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

And most don’t support the hard right additions of a wall and such things. Likewise, people thought Trump would tamper down the rhetoric come back to the center and appeal to more of the country as a whole. He didn’t.

Shut your dumb ass up, you're voting for your orange master no matter what. Progressive ideas win. If you don't believe me just look at 2018. Democrats elected more progressives than any time in history.
latest

Reactions: Mikesi
You're wrong if you think that a progressive wont win the dem primary. Are there even any "centrists" running?
They havent followed the thousands of centrist candidates losing their seats since Obama and Pelosi took office and the races after Trump was elected when a conservative lite lost in Georgia.

We are within just a few weeks of the dem candidates starting to attack one another. It'll be as entertaining to watch as the Republicans in 2016 doing it.

We are within just a few weeks of the dem candidates starting to attack one another. It'll be as entertaining to watch as the Republicans in 2016 doing it.
What are the odds Joe Biden will ride an escalator down to a podium to announce?

Very generous of you to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is intelligent enough to operate an escalator.
Jokes aside, Joe’s a good man. I doubt he’s going to win the nomination but he’s the type of politician who was able to work across the aisle and get things done. They may have disagreed with him, but Joe was one Democrat who was never vilified by his Republican colleagues because they liked him.

We need more of “those kind of people” representing both parties in Washington.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43970/breaking-three-top-aides-bernie-sanders-walk-out-hank-berrien

3 of bernie's top aides from his previous 2016 campaign are leaving his 2020 campaign.

Wtfffffff

Sanders has been plagued by various things over the last couple of months; at the beginning of January, a group of his former staffers demanded a meeting with Sanders and his "top political advisers" to discuss rampant "sexual violence" they claimed occurred during the Sanders 2016 presidential campaign. Politico reportedthat staffers wanted to "discuss the issue of sexual violence and harassment on the 2016 campaign, for the purpose of planning to mitigate the issue in the upcoming presidential cycle."

not that anyone here will care but a first glance Castro being Hispanic/Mexican American and not being fluent in Spanish while Beto is seems like a strike against him.

Jokes aside, Joe’s a good man. I doubt he’s going to win the nomination but he’s the type of politician who was able to work across the aisle and get things done. They may have disagreed with him, but Joe was one Democrat who was never vilified by his Republican colleagues because they liked him.

We need more of “those kind of people” representing both parties in Washington.

Yes, we need more of “those type of people” who will claim that Mitt Romney wants to put black people bakc in chains

What a Uniter!

not that anyone here will care but a first glance Castro being Hispanic/Mexican American and not being fluent in Spanish while Beto is seems like a strike against him.
his name isnt beto, it is robert francis orourke and he is irish. hes using a nickname to try and pull spanish votes. apparently a fake spanish guy would name his kids Ulysses O'Rourke, Molly O'Rourke, Henry O'Rourke.

i thought the left hated cultural appropriation?

Kamala Harris

[roll]

Harris faced backlash after saying that during her college days she smoked pot and listened to rap artists Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg. Her critics quickly pointed out that Shakur released his first album in 1991 and Snoop Dogg in 1993, after Harris had graduated from Howard University in 1986.

Donald Harris, the California Democratic senator’s father, was not happy about how she portrayed her Jamaican roots and issued the following statement:

My dear departed grandmothers (whose extraordinary legacy I described in a recent essay on this website), as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family’s name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics. Speaking for myself and my immediate Jamaican family, we wish to categorically dissociate ourselves from this travesty.

And expect a lot more of this. Democrats having to reign in their own rabid left wing base that now includes openly anti-Semites

Trump campaign colludes with Russia. Conservative reaction? Yawn.

Democrat Kamala Harris' Great-Grandmother EXPOSED as slave owner. Conservatives hyperventilate.

Delusional, hyper partisan liberal uses lies and hyperbole to slander conservatives. Par for the course.

Conservative-headlines.org

[roll]

This is where you get your news from? Yikes.
https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com/kamala-harris-jamaican-heritage/

does this work for you?
Trump campaign colludes with Russia. Conservative reaction? Yawn.

Democrat Kamala Harris' Great-Grandmother EXPOSED as slave owner. Conservatives hyperventilate.
its been 2 years and nothing has come of that investigation yet. its almost so we will see soon enough.

on the other hand, kamala has said she wants to give reparations to black people because of slavery and that article i posted said she is a direct descendant of someone who operated a plantation. only someone who is politically biased as yourself couldnt find that funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT