ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

Anyone who wants to see either Biden or Trump running for President in 2024 is the problem with this country.
The quickest way to get rid of Biden was for the GOP to have said, "Enough is Enough!" to Trump after the Capitol riot.

Biden is running again because Trump is hellbent on running again. Biden may be older than dirt -- but the majority of American voters feel he's SAFER than the batsh*t crazy alternative.

The quickest way to get rid of Biden was for the GOP to have said, "Enough is Enough!" to Trump after the Capitol riot.

Biden is running again because Trump is hellbent on running again. Biden may be older than dirt -- but the majority of American voters feel he's SAFER than the batsh*t crazy alternative.
Oh listen, as terrifically awful as Joe Biden has been, you could probably run a baked potato against him and have a decent shot. Trump, and some of the other nuts, can’t rise to the level of a baked effing potato, and here we are.

I don’t think Biden runs again if McConnell had the guts to get his caucus to convict Trump during Impeachment #2

Reactions: DaShuckster
Oh listen, as terrifically awful as Joe Biden has been, you could probably run a baked potato against him and have a decent shot. Trump, and some of the other nuts, can’t rise to the level of a baked effing potato, and here we are.
I saw a poll earlier today that indicated Biden loses in 2024 to a 'generic' Republican nominee. However, once the generic label is replaced by Donald Trump, Biden wins reelection easy.

I saw a poll earlier today that indicated Biden loses in 2024 to a 'generic' Republican nominee. However, once the generic label is replaced by Donald Trump, Biden wins reelection easy.
I believe it. My only question is why the fûck is the race going to be Biden vs Trump? We have to be living in some sick simulation.

I believe it. My only question is why the fûck is the race going to be Biden vs Trump? We have to be living in some sick simulation.
I honestly don't get it. Why would the kind of regular, everyday folks I know and respect vote for Trump again? It makes zero sense but I realize they are out there. Seems to me you really have to have your head-in-the-sand to think "We need Don again."

I had a really bad feeling all of 2020 that Trump was going to pull some crazy sh*t to stay in office and I was right. Anyone who thinks that our democracy will be fine and dandy if Trump somehow gets back in office is crazier than UCFBS.

Call them 'milktoast Republicans' if you want, but this country desperately needs the return of a Republican Party led by mature, responsible leaders like Adam Kinzinger, Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, and Jeb Bush.

The irony of today's situation is that Republicans have never been stronger (thanks, in part, to gerrymandering) in Red States. Yet until there is a serious course-correction, the party will continue to lose national elections for the foreseeable future. Hell, if it wasn't for the Electoral College, future POTUS elections wouldn't even be close.

But I guess if you're cool with putting an authoritarian in charge, the Grand Ole Party doesn't need votes if their MAGA base all have AR-15s.

If any person finds either of these men ok, they is an idiot. I find both disgusting. Trump is shady at best, and too old, Biden is as crooked as they come and totally incompetent at this point. Biden is running again because that is what his democratic handlers want.

An infrastructure bill was desperately needed and getting one passed was something worthwhile.

I'll take it anyday over Trump's halfassed attempt to Build a Wall.
I’ll be sure to turn up my hearing aid when they actually figure out how to do anything that was outlined in that bill.

And most voters not only don’t know that this was passed, they don’t care.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
And most voters not only don’t know that this was passed, they don’t care.
It's been badly needed --- and we probably delayed it for over 20 years, but low and behold, Congress actually did it.

Like most things, people don't care until a city bridge collapses killing a bunch of people or a major blackout occurs halting businesses across the area. But good, responsible government is supposed to be proactive.

First off the Infrastructure bill was approx. 1.2 trillion dollars, 550 billion dollars was already earmarked as the normal budget amount. Selling it as a huge amount of money was nonsensical. Much of the new $$ went to green projects, and internet infrastructure, and various social programs, which do nothing to make roads and bridges safe. It is much like the Obama bill that was designed to pump $$ in places that support dems and kick back money to their coffers.

The only thing I found said 550 billion was to be spent on roads and bridges, The normal budgeted amount likely contained 300+ billion of that work. The bill is what all big spending bills are, pork to feed the Washington Pigs.

Last edited:
First off the Infrastructure bill was approx. 1.2 trillion dollars, 550 billion dollars was already earmarked as the normal budget amount. Selling it as a huge amount of money was nonsensical. Much of the new $$ went to green projects, and internet infrastructure, and various social programs, which do nothing to make roads and bridges safe. It is much like the Obama bill that was designed to pump $$ in places that support dems and kick back money to their coffers.

The only thing I found said 550 billion was to be spent on roads and bridges, The normal budgeted amount likely contained 300+ billion of that work. The bill is what all big spending bills are, pork to feed the Washington Pigs.
🤣 😆 🤣

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you think people on the internet care about the analysis of a pest control high school drop out.

Thanks but if I wanted a completely ignorant and factually wrong take I'd just tune in to Fox news, you know the bullshit you just regurgitated word for word.

is crazier than UCFBS.
😂😂😂😂

I totally get it about Trump, but please don’t tell me that Biden isn’t terrible for this country in a different way. He’s done almost nothing positive or should I just say nothing at all worth mentioning

I’m refusing to vote if it’s these 2.

😂😂😂😂

I totally get it about Trump, but please don’t tell me that Biden isn’t terrible for this country in a different way. He’s done almost nothing positive or should I just say nothing at all worth mentioning

I’m refusing to vote if it’s these 2.
Biden has been terrible, particularly when it comes to the economy. Name me one area of value where the economy has improved drastically since the Trump presidency? I will wait. Get back to me about your retirement and all the other shit that actually matters because the rest is just utter freaking noise.

Biden has been terrible, particularly when it comes to the economy. Name me one area of value where the economy has improved drastically since the Trump presidency? I will wait. Get back to me about your retirement and all the other shit that actually matters because the rest is just utter freaking noise.
You're not wrong about the economy but you can't blame that on Biden. The entire world is reeling right now, especially inflation. It's bad here but it's straight up insane elsewhere, especially inflation.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
You're not wrong about the economy but you can't blame that on Biden. The entire world is reeling right now, especially inflation. It's bad here but it's straight up insane elsewhere, especially inflation.
100% but people aren’t going to care very much about whether it is his fault. They are only going to see who was at the helm during the stretch that was bad. And you know that if Trump gets the nomination, he’s going to pound that shit into the ground.

I totally get it about Trump, but please don’t tell me that Biden isn’t terrible for this country in a different way.
I'm not here defending Biden. But we have Biden BECAUSE of Trump and his batsh*t crazy shenanighans. In 2020, Biden won the Democratic nomination for the opportunity to run against Trump because his poll numbers indicated he had the best chance of defeating Trump---and he did.

And the Old Man is running once again because his poll number indicate he has the best chance of defeating Trump yet again. Take Trump out of the equation and Joe loses.

But the GOP insists on sticking with Orange Man. THAT is the real head-scratcher about the 2024 race.

I'll play devil's advocate here for a moment, should Trump get the nomination:

Not sure Biden beats Trump again. Record inflation. Gas prices through the roof. Interest rates are ridiculous. Every economic gain under Trump has evaporated under Joe. Absolutely stagnant retirement and stock market. Immigration issues. The list goes on and on and on.

The razor thin margins of victory for Joe in various states won't happen again. People will take the mean tweets vs. a President who will be 82 (73% of the country already thinks we are headed in the wrong direction) and who can even spell the number eight.

I'll play devil's advocate here for a moment, should Trump get the nomination:

Not sure Biden beats Trump again.
I'll play devil's advocate to devil's advocate.

Since 2020, the public has learned (except for those who've deliberately chosen to ignore it) that Trump and his cronies orchestrated the January 6th insurrection all the way down to directing the military-like actions of the Proud Boys. We've also heard Trump on a taped phone call trying to strong-arm the Georgia Secretary of State to illegally overturn the State's election. And he directed his lawyers to lie to the FBI about having turned over all the classified documents he'd taken to Mar-a-lago.

One last thing: Where would Ukraine and Eastern Europe be today if Trump instead of Biden was President when his pal, Putin, invaded Ukraine? Spin to me how wonderful the world would be today. Let's let Russia--and then China--invade whomever the hell they want. No big deal, right?*

In this case, it's no hyperbole to say that putting Trump back in power will be a Screw You to Democracy. If Trump did all the traitorous sh*t he did to stay in power the last time, who here seriously believes he would ever graciously step down after his term was over next time?

I'll play devil's advocate to devil's advocate.

Since 2020, the public has learned (except for those who've deliberately chosen to ignore it) that Trump and his cronies orchestrated the January 6th insurrection all the way down to directing the military-like actions of the Proud Boys. We've also heard Trump on a taped phone call trying to strong-arm the Georgia Secretary of State to illegally overturn the State's election. And he directed his lawyers to lie to the FBI about having turned over all the classified documents he'd taken to Mar-a-lago.

One last thing: Where would Ukraine and Eastern Europe be today if Trump instead of Biden was President when his pal, Putin, invaded Ukraine? Spin to me how wonderful the world would be today. Let's let Russia--and then China--invade whomever the hell they want. No big deal, right?*

In this case, it's no hyperbole to say that putting Trump back in power will be a Screw You to Democracy. If Trump did all the traitorous sh*t he did to stay in power the last time, who here seriously believes he would ever graciously step down after his term was over next time?
LOL. And our feckless AG Garland sits on his ass doing nothing with all this nefarious evidence.

In short, if he does nothing about it (after millions were spent for the investigation and public hearings), then what makes anyone think that it's going to matter one iota?

Last edited:
2022 everyone thought a ‘red tsunami’ was happening bc of inflation and it was one of the most successful midterms by the party in power since Ws post 911 midterm.

Yes the economy is a factor in 2024 but it is clearly not the only factor when the GOP wants to go back to the 1950s on other issues. Look at the recent Wisconsin Supreme Court Election.

If Trump did all the traitorous sh*t he did to stay in power the last time, who here seriously believes he would ever graciously step down after his term was over next time?
I still firmly believe that if elected, there’s a real chance that either dies in office as crazy as that sounds. I doubt we will see that again

When you get past all the politically-motivated bullsh*t about Biden's age, at least he got an infrastructure bill passed through Congress. Nowadays, nothing of any real substance and merit ever gets done in Washington, so at least that's something. But it's not a tax cut that added two-trillion dollars to our national debt or a border wall, right? ;)

But that said, I'd certainly be open to voting Republican again if the GOP had a good candidate to run against Biden. But there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening at this point.

One has to wonder how a country as great as ours is as messed up as we are.

Appears the candidates Desantis endorsed for various primaries, mayor, etc, didn't do well. The candidate he backed in the ky primary lost to the guy Trump endorsed, the mayor of Jacksonville went to a Dem despite Desantis endorsing the Republican. Also (though I don't think Ron endorsed in these races) a special election in a swing district in PA went to a Dem and the mayor of Colorado Springs went to a dem in what sounds like an upset. Obviously we are far out from 24, but DeSantis and Republicans can't be happy about yesterday's results in various races.

What you are fearing and what is reality are definitely worlds apart. Saying that Biden is a sure thing is a ridiculous statement

You fear of a GOP president is skewing your thinking. People aren’t happy right now and are blaming everything on Biden
Well fox news and the right wing are blaming everything on Biden (predictable) but don't group about 1/2 of the U.S. population by saying "everybody". That's just 100% wrong.

🤣 😆 🤣

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you think people on the internet care about the analysis of a pest control high school drop out.

Thanks but if I wanted a completely ignorant and factually wrong take I'd just tune in to Fox news, you know the bullshit you just regurgitated word for word.
Actually the faux fox news brainwashing of brain dead Americans who can't think for themselves is a HUGE problem in this country. Lies and hugely slanted right wing rhetoric just fools these people watching Fox news.

Actually the faux fox news brainwashing of brain dead Americans who can't think for themselves is a HUGE problem in this country. Lies and hugely slanted right wing rhetoric just fools these people watching Fox news.
Exactly. Depending on a single source for your news is never wise, whatever the slant. But -- anyone who's been paying attention knows --Fox News doesn't even try to be a legit news agency anymore. Its simply a vehicle for MAGAs to watch and say, "See? most Americans feel the same way i do!!!!"

Well fox news and the right wing are blaming everything on Biden (predictable) but don't group about 1/2 of the U.S. population by saying "everybody". That's just 100% wrong.
His approval rating right now doesn’t match with my statement being “100 wrong.”

His approval rating right now doesn’t match with my statement being “100 wrong.”

Biden's approval rating is garbage and 70% of DEMOCRATS don't want him to run.

Again, I ask who TF is running this total clown show in this country? Trump v. Biden Part DUH should be cause for the entire country to grab pitchforks and go on a selfie tour of the Capitol.

When that psycho Trump is more in tune with normal people than DeSantis. DeSantis lives in a weirdo way too online bubble

When that psycho Trump is more in tune with normal people than DeSantis. DeSantis lives in a weirdo way too online bubble
Once upon a time, elections were about 'who would do the best job of leading our country forward?' And now? It's 'Christ, we need to keep Old Joe in office again for the sake of our Democracy!!!'

How in the blazes ANYONE could possibly convince themselves that either Trump or DeSantis could win a general election in 2024 is beyond me!!!

Once upon a time, elections were about 'who would do the best job of leading our country forward?' And now? It's 'Christ, we need to keep Old Joe in office again for the sake of our Democracy!!!'

How in the blazes ANYONE could possibly convince themselves that either Trump or DeSantis could win a general election in 2024 is beyond me!!!
And yet, Trump leads Biden by 7 in the Harvard/Harris polls…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT