ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

I guess I missed where either of these guys did things that led to the death of 100's of thousands or millions.

Ooooh, the problem is the 2 party system, huh? :rolleyes:

No sh*t Sherlock.

The problem is that True Conservatives have had their party hijacked by Donald Trump and his looney MAGA cult. Face it, Trump knows diddily squat about conservative values. He's a wannabe authoritarian addicted to the power and daily, non-stop attention the Presidency gives him.
Trump fools them so easily. The dumbing down of 'merica

Democrats just flipped a seat in the Alabama state house, and it wasn't close. Another bad sign for Republicans.

Democrats just flipped a seat in the Alabama state house, and it wasn't close. Another bad sign for Republicans.

Well, it's Huntsville which has become a Mini-DC that happens to be in Alabama.

I would take it easy reading too much into this. It was also a special election.

A Mini-DC???

If you look it up, the word is that Alabama is strongly conservative, the Huntsville Metro area is somewhat conservative, and Madison County leans conservative.

I would take it easy reading too much into this. It was also a special election.
They flipped the seat, and it wasn't even close. Plus, only part of Huntsville is in the district. Trump won the district by close to 10 points, this same candidate lost by 7 pts 2 years ago. It is most certainly a concern for Republicans.

It is most certainly a concern for Republicans.
Are you SURE it's something for the GOP to worry about??!?

All these early polls show Trump and Biden are neck-to-neck. It's bound to be a toss-up this November by golly! :) ;)

A Mini-DC???

If you look it up, the word is that Alabama is strongly conservative, the Huntsville Metro area is somewhat conservative, and Madison County leans conservative.

I was literally just in Huntsville for an exhibition. It's a great town, but it's also absolutely nothing like the rest of Alabama. It has a huge and growing government employment base with tons of contractors in the city as well. It's a purple city/county unlike the rest of Alabama.

It was a big win for the D in this race but the DNC would make a mistake of trying to carry a State-level, special election into meaning something for the national elections in November.

Especially when Trump is somehow leading most polls and RFK just threw a progressive from CA into the mix as his VP.

I was literally just in Huntsville for an exhibition. It's a great town, but it's also absolutely nothing like the rest of Alabama. It has a huge and growing government employment base with tons of contractors in the city as well. It's a purple city/county unlike the rest of Alabama.
My reaction was to your "Mini-DC" label. Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

It was a big win for the D in this race but the DNC would make a mistake of trying to carry a State-level, special election into meaning something for the national elections in November.

Especially when Trump is somehow leading most polls and RFK just threw a progressive from CA into the mix as his VP.
That is just what the country needs more cities with growing government base.

Nobody is saying the DNC should make this single race to be a some major win, but it is part of a pattern we have been seeing for a few years now. Republicans have been, and are continuing to underperform, and this is another example.

Nobody is saying the DNC should make this single race to be a some major win, but it is part of a pattern we have been seeing for a few years now. Republicans have been, and are continuing to underperform, and this is another example.

Republicans underperform when they attach their name to Trump. I think every single Trump-backed or Trump-picked candidate for office has lost since 2020, and usually they're losing extremely winnable races that they have no business losing. Or the Trump fans in that State are convinced that voting is RIGGED! so why do it?

If you look at the GOP in 2022 in states like FL, NY, and VA they over achieved and did extremely well, mostly because Trump was nowhere to be found on the campaign trails or even mentioned.

This is why I am confident that you'll again see Trump lose States in November where down ballot Republicans form that same State do fine.

Republicans underperform when they attach their name to Trump. I think every single Trump-backed or Trump-picked candidate for office has lost since 2020, and usually they're losing extremely winnable races that they have no business losing. Or the Trump fans in that State are convinced that voting is RIGGED! so why do it?

If you look at the GOP in 2022 in states like FL, NY, and VA they over achieved and did extremely well, mostly because Trump was nowhere to be found on the campaign trails or even mentioned.

This is why I am confident that you'll again see Trump lose States in November where down ballot Republicans form that same State do fine.
I mostly agree, but that doesn't negate my point, because plenty of Republicans are still attaching themselves to Trump. But it's also abortion and reproductive rights, which is what the dem in this race primarily focused on. Democrats also just took control of the legislature in VA, so not a great example on your part. Nikki Haley stayed in the race as long ad she did because her campaign was smart enough to see the warning signs and I am sure she was hoping big donors would come around and see it too. Didn't work for her obviously, but she wasn't wrong. This race is another example of what we saw in VA last November, KY governors race last November, the 22 red wave that never came, etc etc. Republicans are in trouble and the reasonable ones see it. The ones who think Trump is some infallible figure obviously don't see it, and it's going to hurt the GOP I'm November, imo.

I mostly agree, but that doesn't negate my point, because plenty of Republicans are still attaching themselves to Trump. But it's also abortion and reproductive rights, which is what the dem in this race primarily focused on. Democrats also just took control of the legislature in VA, so not a great example on your part. Nikki Haley stayed in the race as long ad she did because her campaign was smart enough to see the warning signs and I am sure she was hoping big donors would come around and see it too. Didn't work for her obviously, but she wasn't wrong. This race is another example of what we saw in VA last November, KY governors race last November, the 22 red wave that never came, etc etc. Republicans are in trouble and the reasonable ones see it. The ones who think Trump is some infallible figure obviously don't see it, and it's going to hurt the GOP I'm November, imo.

I simply think the data shows that the GOP is in trouble when the Orange Nitwit is involved and/or his hand picked candidates try to act like him and get beat in general elections. The 2022 midterm polling was overwhelming signaling a GOP wave election, until Trump re-inserted himself nationally and made it clear he was going to run again. As soon as that happened the polling tightened and you got D voter turnout simply due to the prospect of having a GOP Congress w/ Trump at the helm in 2024.

If abortion was going to be some great re-set mechanism nationally then you wouldn't have seen the GOP win by huge margins in 2022 in FL, Texas, or GA. All 3 Governors won comfortably after enacting post-Dobbs pro-life measures.

I simply think the data shows that the GOP is in trouble when the Orange Nitwit is involved and/or his hand picked candidates try to act like him and get beat in general elections. The 2022 midterm polling was overwhelming signaling a GOP wave election, until Trump re-inserted himself nationally and made it clear he was going to run again. As soon as that happened the polling tightened and you got D voter turnout simply due to the prospect of having a GOP Congress w/ Trump at the helm in 2024.

If abortion was going to be some great re-set mechanism nationally then you wouldn't have seen the GOP win by huge margins in 2022 in FL, Texas, or GA. All 3 Governors won comfortably after enacting post-Dobbs pro-life measures.
Polling is much more difficult these days due to the lack of landlines. I think looking at recent results is a better way to predict what will happen instead of polling, and recent results are not a positive sign for the GOP. Not that polling is completely pointless, it's just less reliable than if used to be. And your are right, Trump makes it harder for them, but the Trump factor is going to be a thing until at least November, so not point in separating that out as a distinctive thing. And yes some Republicans will still win, but that doesn't change the fact that Republicans in general have been underwhelming since 2020.

Trump continues to claim the 2020 election was RIGGED...yet encourages his minions to contribute to his campaign again in 2024. What's wrong with this picture??!?

If these Trumpsters thought the last election vs Biden was rigged, what's supposed to be different this time around?

Just a typical Easter Sunday in Trump World:
  • Trump posts 77 bat-sh*t crazy rants on his Truth Social platform.
  • Threatens the judges and prosecutors in his trials. (What would happen to anybody else doing that sh*t??!?)
  • Compares his 'persecution' to Jesus Christ's
(Show of hands) Who here thinks this guy is going to win in November and lead a sweeping down-ballot "Red Wave"?

• Haha
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Just a typical Easter Sunday in Trump World:
  • Trump posts 77 bat-sh*t crazy rants on his Truth Social platform.
  • Threatens the judges and prosecutors in his trials. (What would happen to anybody else doing that sh*t??!?)
  • Compares his 'persecution' to Jesus Christ's
(Show of hands) Who here thinks this guy is going to win in November and lead a sweeping down-ballot "Red Wave"?
As long as there is a cult, he has a chance

Reactions: DaShuckster
With abortion being on the ballot in Florida, will be interesting to see if it has any impact on elections.

With abortion being on the ballot in Florida, will be interesting to see if it has any impact on elections.
If results in all the other red states where it was put on the ballot is any indication, Florida will flip blue.

For some strange reason, whenever the issue is brought before voters, we discover that most folks don't appreciate religious zealots in government taking their rights away.

Heres all you need to know:

Dems are nervous trump leads in all seven swing states

Minority voters are going trump in record numbers

White libs like shuckster & poolside claim to know whats best for black people

Dems trying to register as many illegals as possible in swing states to cheat

Knighttimejoe still gets cucked by his neighbor the landscaper

Everything was better under trump

• Haha
Reactions: thall_

Trump held rallies in Fl and was constantly on the news because of Fed raid and charges. I am sure he was also the number 1 news driver in NY with the fraud lawsuit. New York is a different story, the place is a dumpster fire.

It's no coincidence that abortion rights has won everywhere it has been on the ballot since Dobbs (red or blue state.)

When it comes to elections, it's a single issue, but there's no question its a voter driver. For some strange reason, women voters don't like their rights taken away from them.

Abortion has been a re-set everywhere except Florida bc voters here are idiots. They vote for progressive policies when it is an amendment but will vote for the Republican at the top of the ticket that opposes that policy or put the conditions in place for this to even be an issue(Trump Supreme Court)

Last edited:
If results in all the other red states where it was put on the ballot is any indication, Florida will flip blue.

For some strange reason, whenever the issue is brought before voters, we discover that most folks don't appreciate religious zealots in government taking their rights away.
i love that "we" refers to a couple geriatric weirdos circlejerking on a message board

Abortion has been a re-set everywhere except Florida bc voters here are idiots. They vote for progressive policies when it is an amendment but will vote for the Republican at the top of the ticket that opposes that policy or put the conditions in place for this to even be an issue(Trump Supreme Court)

Or maybe Floridians simply aren't as enthused about killing off unborn children as people elsewhere?

It's no coincidence that abortion rights has won everywhere it has been on the ballot since Dobbs (red or blue state.)

When it comes to elections, it's a single issue, but there's no question its a voter driver. For some strange reason, women voters don't like their rights taken away from them.

lol you're here lying again. Go figure.

The Florida DNC tried to make abortion is an issue in the 2022 elections, which were well after Dobbs, and yet they got their ass kicked up and down the ballot to Republicans running on the 15 week abortion limit, and/or vowing to reduce that down to 6-8 weeks. DeSantis passed a 15 week ban and as a result won re-election by 20%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT