ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Election Thread

8zfhxb.jpg

Remind us all who the board's shrill lil' screecher is again.

this wasn’t a serious question, right?

Looks like Walz is the VP pick. Not thrilled about it, but he seems like a genuinely good person with a good record as governor in his state. I guess they really wanted to go with bland older white guy energy. Personally I was hoping for Shapiro, as I thought that would give the ticket the best chance at victory based on his popularity in an important swing state, and would have injected some intelligent and younger energy into the ticket.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Yes, and it is still going up, but for some reason you say that is terrible. It makes no sense. Should've been way ahead based on what? The market always has ups and downs, only Biden would be criticized for the market reaching record highs. Partisan talking point that ignores reality.
would either of you brainlets like to revisit this sentiment?

of course you won't, you'll ignore/deflect, but deep down you feel a little stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Looks like Walz is the VP pick. Not thrilled about it, but he seems like a genuinely good person with a good record as governor in his state. I guess they really wanted to go with bland older white guy energy. Personally I was hoping for Shapiro, as I thought that would give the ticket the best chance at victory based on his popularity in an important swing state, and would have injected some intelligent and younger energy into the ticket.
I preferred Shapiro as well. and the pick will be litigated for years IF she loses PA by 10k votes.

But the Pros of Walz are relatability/likability. A former teacher and Football coach in the Midwest, Labor loves him, good on TV, served in the National Guard, a hunter

that case being appealed in PA that was ruled a suicide also couldn’t have helped Shapiro and scared Harris.

Last edited:
would either of you brainlets like to revisit this sentiment?

of course you won't, you'll ignore/deflect, but deep down you feel a little stupid
The sentiment the market had a bad day yesterday and is going right back up the day after? Or how it is still higher than it ever was under Trump? How it set another record high about 2 weeks ago? Is this what we are revisiting?

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The sentiment the market had a bad day yesterday and is going right back up the day after? Or how it is still higher than it ever was under Trump? How it set another record high about 2 weeks ago? Is this what we are revisiting?
Dow falls by a net 600 points
Unemployment is up
Fed still not cutting rates

yes, i'd love to revisit that.

hard mode: do it without crying about Trump

Nobody is dumb enough to try and claim that the market doing totally normal things is somehow a bad thing that can be attributed to someone in the government that has next to zero economic power at the moment.

The market has basically climbed for 100 years. Had its ups and downs. Love these democrats who claim that the market is higher now than it was in 2017-2021 during the Trump years.

Post-pandemic no less, it had only one way to go.

Come on guys. My portfolio doesn’t lie. The economy has not been better under Biden.

You’re dumb. Yes, plain and simply. I can elaborate, but just read your post. Tell me you don’t know anything about the market and investing without telling me that you don’t know anything about the market and investing

Average
Closing Price
Year OpenYear HighYear LowYear CloseAnnual
% Change
202438,893.2237,715.0441,198.0837,266.6738,703.272.69%
202334,121.5433,136.3737,710.1031,819.1437,689.5413.70%
202232,898.3436,585.0636,799.6528,725.5133,147.25-8.78%
202134,055.2930,223.8936,488.6329,982.6236,338.3018.73%
202026,890.6728,868.8030,606.4818,591.9330,606.487.25%
201926,379.5923,346.2428,645.2622,686.2228,538.4422.34%
201825,046.8624,824.0126,828.3921,792.2023,327.46-5.63%
201721,750.2019,881.7624,837.5119,732.4024,719.2225.08%

The market has basically climbed for 100 years. Had its ups and downs. Love these democrats who claim that the market is higher now than it was in 2017-2021 during the Trump years.

Post-pandemic no less, it had only one way to go.

Come on guys. My portfolio doesn’t lie. The economy has not been better under Biden.
It is higher, that's simply a fact. And yes, the market goes up, that's why people invest, but for some reason to Republicans it doesn't count when it goes up under Biden.

It's almost like we were dealing with/coming out of a world wide pandemic. The market has done fine considering that.
The marker had one way to go. Biden was basically president during that time. We already know he’s brain dead. Thanks for giving credit to an administration led by a turnip

Idiots dumb enough to be a Republican in 2024: "hey guys, this drop totally isn't due to Iran and Israel trying to start WW3, it's due to Kamala because.....reasons I pulled out of my ass (or more likely out of my secret gay lovers ass that I met when we crashed Grindr during the GOP convention)"

Looks like Walz is the VP pick. Not thrilled about it, but he seems like a genuinely good person with a good record as governor in his state. I guess they really wanted to go with bland older white guy energy.
Once upon a time, all Veep picks were strategic only. No candidate gave a sh*t about 'compatibility' because once elected, the Veep became Milton, the stapler guy from Office Space. Stuck in the basement and never heard from again. Nowadays, the Veep is expected to be a governing partner.

Shapiro wasn't on the same page with Kamala the way Tim Walz is. The MAGA crowd with call the pick a 'Wild-eyed Radical.' But when you look at, and listen to, Walz, that attack ain't gonna fly.

• Haha
Reactions: Ucfmikes
This pick should be good for violence and crime in America

At least two people died during the violence in Minnesota’s Twin Cities, more than 600 arrests were made in the initial days of unrest, and the whole span of rioting and law enforcement response made it one of the most costly and destructive periods of civil unrestin US history. Minneapolis and Saint Paul sustained hundreds of millions of dollars in damage during those riots, and hundreds of buildings were heavily damaged.
Conservatives have charged Walz with essentially allowing rioters to “burn Minneapolis to the ground” and waffling on the deployment of National Guard troops to quell the violence.
Walz wasn’t the main authority in charge of responding to the unrest — that was the task of local officials, including Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey. But the task eventually passed to him once it was too much for local officials to handle. Both Walz and Frey’s governments have traded blame and presented their own versions of the events of those days of rage, but the full story of what happened is still not completely known.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT