ADVERTISEMENT

? about Coach Beckton and past opportunities

Actually, his stock could be much higher. MUCH MUCH HIGHER. All he's doing is going to the guy that higher him before, in the same position. What would make it higher? 1 someone else could be in the running to hire him. 2, he could go as OC. 3. anyone on earth except UCF and Nebraska could be talking about "hot assistants" I don't think I've ever read an article about him not written by UCF related news. Does anyone outside of the 2 schools know of him? 4. Next year he finally makes it onto a list of possible OC candidates anywhere. He's about as hot as it is outside here in Atlanta, and we've just had 10 inches of snow.
You are making my point exactly. This was the perfect opportunity for him to leave and take a 70% pay raise. You never hear his name mentioned for OC jobs. The only reason he is up for a 400K position at Nebraska now is because he has worked the past 2 years with Frost. If he stays with UCF and Heupel flops he isn't going to go to a P5 program and make 400K a year as a position coach.

If he stays with UCF and Heupel flops he isn't going to go to a P5 program and make 400K a year as a position coach.

Good point. Heupel is inheriting a loaded offense. Better for succeeding, but also creates massive expectations. If UCF is not scoring 40/game and win 10-11 games, it will be considered a failure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT