ADVERTISEMENT

Another In-UCFreaking-Credible hire by Gus!

Malzahn is so predictable. Going into his fourth year at UCF and he just shuffled the entire deck. Dude only hires guys that have been associated with Auburn, a person he can control and mostly somebody that fits both categories.

Malzahn just hired a man that has never coached in college at any level for CB coach. Dumb.

Demarcus Van Dyke would have been a homerun hire. He is a Florida guy and an elite recruiter. DVD also has experience as a Cb coach. He was Miami’s CB coach in Manny’s last year…he was then moved back to the recruiting staff by Mario.

DVD was FIU’s CB coach last year and was just hired by USF to be their CB coach. Alex Golesh running laps around Gus Malzahn.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
Malzahn is so predictable. Going into his fourth year at UCF and he just shuffled the entire deck. Dude only hires guys that have been associated with Auburn, a person he can control and mostly somebody that fits both categories.

Malzahn just hired a man that has never coached in college at any level for CB coach. Dumb.

Demarcus Van Dyke would have been a homerun hire. He is a Florida guy and an elite recruiter. DVD also has experience as a Cb coach. He was Miami’s CB coach in Manny’s last year…he was then moved back to the recruiting staff by Mario.

DVD was FIU’s CB coach last year and was just hired by USF to be their CB coach. Alex Golesh running laps around Gus Malzahn.

Trovon Reed is an ELITE recruiter. He was AUBURN's Director of Recruiting. SEC! SEC! SEC! He is not some scrub on the bench like the no-name-clown you just mentioned.

Gus is playing chess; Mario is playing checkers.

Gus just called "Checkmate" on the best recruiting AND coaching staff in the state of Florida.

Trovon Reed is a Louisiana native and has ties all over that state as well as Alabama. With this hire and with UCF making so many trips to Texas, Gus just expanded UCF's recruiting footprint into one of the more fertile recruiting hotbeds in the South, as Louisiana is one of the nation's Top 10 NFL-talent producing states.

Trovon Reed helped Auburn pull Austin Ausberry out of Baton Rouge. The son of the LSU deputy athletics director signed with Auburn over LSU. That was incredible! (He has since entered the transfer portal and signed with LSU, but that's beside the point.)

Gus is pushing the 'u' for the title of State of Florida Offseason Champion.

Seriously though, I cannot recall a season in Gus's coaching career when he has made so many sweeping moves.

He is literally becoming the nick sabahr of the Big 12.

UCF Coaching Staff
Head Coach: Gus Malzahn
OC/WR Coach: Tim Harris Jr
Co-OC/QB Coach: Darin Hinshaw
TE Coach/ST Coordinator: Brian Blackmon (I hope)
Co-OC/OL Coach: Herb Hand
RB Coach: Kam Martin

DC: Ted Roof
DL Coach: Kenny Martin
DE/Bucks Coach: Kenny Ingram???
LB Coach: Ernie Sims???
CB Coach: Trovon Reed
Recruiting Coordinator/Co-DC/S Coach: Addison Williams

Gus has a few options.

Ernie Sims deserves to be fired, but what makes to the most sense is for Gus to move Kenny Ingram to an off-the-field position and keep Sims for recruiting purposes, allowing him to learn under Ted Roof. Martin can coach the entire DL himself because the scheme is to get upfield and cause disruption in the backfield.

One of the beauties of this staff composition is the experienced safeties already know what to do so Addison can't mess them up.

Trovon Reed is an ELITE recruiter. He was AUBURN's Director of Recruiting. SEC! SEC! SEC! He is not some scrub on the bench like the no-name-clown you just mentioned.

Gus is playing chess; Mario is playing checkers.

Gus just called "Checkmate" on the best recruiting AND coaching staff in the state of Florida.

Trovon Reed is a Louisiana native and has ties all over that state as well as Alabama. With this hire and with UCF making so many trips to Texas, Gus just expanded UCF's recruiting footprint into one of the more fertile recruiting hotbeds in the South, as Louisiana is one of the nation's Top 10 NFL-talent producing states.

Trovon Reed helped Auburn pull Austin Ausberry out of Baton Rouge. The son of the LSU deputy athletics director signed with Auburn over LSU. That was incredible! (He has since entered the transfer portal and signed with LSU, but that's beside the point.)

Gus is pushing the 'u' for the title of State of Florida Offseason Champion.

Seriously though, I cannot recall a season in Gus's coaching career when he has made so many sweeping moves.

He is literally becoming the nick sabahr of the Big 12.

UCF Coaching Staff
Head Coach: Gus Malzahn
OC/WR Coach: Tim Harris Jr
Co-OC/QB Coach: Darin Hinshaw
TE Coach/ST Coordinator: Brian Blackmon (I hope)
Co-OC/OL Coach: Herb Hand
RB Coach: Kam Martin

DC: Ted Roof
DL Coach: Kenny Martin
DE/Bucks Coach: Kenny Ingram???
LB Coach: Ernie Sims???
CB Coach: Trovon Reed
Recruiting Coordinator/Co-DC/S Coach: Addison Williams

Gus has a few options.

Ernie Sims deserves to be fired, but what makes to the most sense is for Gus to move Kenny Ingram to an off-the-field position and keep Sims for recruiting purposes, allowing him to learn under Ted Roof. Martin can coach the entire DL himself because the scheme is to get upfield and cause disruption in the backfield.

One of the beauties of this staff composition is the experienced safeties already know what to do so Addison can't mess them up.
Lol. Gus Malzahn just hired a WR coach that has never coached a WR in college. Gus Malzahn also hired a CB coach that has never coached anyone in college. Malzahn also hired a RB coach (you already self admitted that he failed to develop any of the young RBs at UCF) last year who had zero experience coaching RB at the FBS level.

Dude hired Hinshaw last year as OC and promoted Addison Williams to DC. Malzahn now demoted both of them to position coaches. Gus hired Ernie Sims as a LB coach last year and now you say that Sims should be fired. Lol…you have to be VERY “naive” to believe that Malzahn is making good hires.The facts “speak” for themselves.

Last edited:
We can’t get coaches that played in NFL for years and were good? Deion hiring an All Star cast and we get guys I never heard of. Let’s see if he can recruit. NFL career makes recruiting easier. Especially when Dads watched guy in living room on tv.

We can’t get coaches that played in NFL for years and were good? Deion hiring an All Star cast and we get guys I never heard of. Let’s see if he can recruit. NFL career makes recruiting easier. Especially when Dads watched guy in living room on tv.
Of course UCF could but Malzahn would not do it. He wants people he knows and can control.

Reactions: Knight59
Where is Kevin Smith now? Wasn’t he supposed to be an up and coming coach who would be welcomed with open arms at UCF?
His ties to S FL would also be a big plus IMO.
Come home Kevin!!!

This is a HUGE, walk off grand slam hire. I can explain why. I cannot make these people understand why.

Gus stole Auburn's HIGHLY RESPECTED point man for high school recruiting for the past three years. His contacts are INCREDIBLE. He has never worked for Gus in any capacity. He was a prospect that Gus signed out of Louisiana by promising him a shot at playing wide receiver before moving him to cornerback where every team wanted him. Reed bounced around multiple NFL and XFL programs before returning to Auburn post-Gus. He is a high character individual, who beloved and respected in Auburn. He is capable of coaching WRs or DBs. He strengthens UCF's recruiting in Alabama and expands its recruiting footprint into Mississippi and Louisiana.

What more can you ask for?

This is a HUGE, walk off grand slam hire. I can explain why. I cannot make these people understand why.

Gus stole Auburn's HIGHLY RESPECTED point man for high school recruiting for the past three years. His contacts are INCREDIBLE. He has never worked for Gus in any capacity. He was a prospect that Gus signed out of Louisiana by promising him a shot at playing wide receiver before moving him to cornerback where every team wanted him. Reed bounced around multiple NFL and XFL programs before returning to Auburn post-Gus. He is a high character individual, who beloved and respected in Auburn. He is capable of coaching WRs or DBs. He strengthens UCF's recruiting in Alabama and expands its recruiting footprint into Mississippi and Louisiana.

What more can you ask for?
He’s never been an on field coach or recruited off campus. Another guy learning on the job. That’s not acceptable at a P5 school. He also never played at any of those teams you mentioned.

Reactions: LoboCane
He’s never been an on field coach or recruited off campus. Another guy learning on the job. That’s not acceptable at a P5 school. He also never played at any of those teams you mentioned.
No. 1: "never played at any of those teams"

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

He will not be 'PLAYING' football for UCF, either. He is going to be coaching football. He has practiced under at *a minimum* of seven different professional defensive back coaches. Surely, he has picked up some diverse practice techniques and coaching points that he can implement at UCF.

No. 2, "He’s never been an on field coach or recruited off campus."

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Come on Man! We are talking about a non-Gus-occupied Auburn here. I have NO DOUBT that he has 'recruited off campus.' He may not have 'gotten caught.' I would d*mn near list him as the lead recruiter for Louisiana natives Eric Reed, Austin Ausberry, Enyce Sledge, and Tyler Johnson. Auburn signed no one from Louisiana until Reed started hanging around the program in 2020.

No. 3: "Another guy learning on the job"

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Just like Travis Williams, SEC DC; Carnell Williams, Miami Associate Head Coach-In-Waiting; Rhett Lashlee, ACC Head Coach; Kodi Burns, recent NFL WR Coach; Eliah Drinkwitz, SEC head coach, etc., etc. They all got their unacceptable big breaks under Malzahn.

Reactions: mattropolis

He will not be 'PLAYING' football for UCF, either. He is going to be coaching football. He has practiced under at *a minimum* of seven different professional defensive back coaches. Surely, he has picked up some diverse practice techniques and coaching points that he can implement at UCF.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Come on Man! We are talking about a non-Gus-occupied Auburn here. I have NO DOUBT that he has 'recruited off campus.' He may not have 'gotten caught.' I would d*mn near list him as the lead recruiter for Louisiana natives Eric Reed, Austin Ausberry, Enyce Sledge, and Tyler Johnson. Auburn signed no one from Louisiana until Reed started hanging around the program in 2020.

Just like Travis Williams, SEC DC; Carnell Williams, Miami Associate Head Coach-In-Waiting; Rhett Lashlee, ACC Head Coach; Kodi Burns, recent NFL WR Coach; Eliah Drinkwitz, SEC head coach, etc., etc. They all got their unacceptable big breaks under Malzahn.
Rhett Lashlee left the OC position at Auburn to be the OC at UConn…tells you all you need to know.

Then went to UCONN. That’s the point. He was at Miami too.
That’s Malzahn before he gets fired…shuffled the deck.
Not sure I follow you.

My point is all of these coaches got their big breaks because of Gus and became successful.

Gus is a pretty good judge of character and coaching aumen based on the fruits of his coaching tree.

(Wario, conversely, doesn't have a coaching tree... )

images

Just because Lashlee failed once as a coordinator under Gus doesn't mean Lashee's failure is fatal anymore than it means his success this past year at SMU is final.

I do think we can unequivocally say Lashlee wasn't a bust being a coach Gus pulled off the streets.

I knew Gus was going to "shuffle" the deck as Lobo called it. I have followed Gus's career since 2013. Gus has made changes to his coaching staff EVERY SEASON except 2013 when he coached for a national championship. You would have to be a fool to think Gus wouldn't make changes after his first career losing season.

These people who think the AD or boosters had anything to do with Gus making coaching changes obviously don't remember me b*tching about Ernie Sims and Grant Heard the ENTIRE season. They azzez needed to be gone!

The only coach, who left, I didn't complain about, is David Gibbs. I lament, but understand his departure. He left because he was stripped of his power as the "real" defensive coordinator.

Last edited:
Not sure I follow you.

My point is all of these coaches got their big breaks because of Gus and became successful.

Gus is a pretty good judge of character and coaching aumen based on the fruits of his coaching tree.

(Wario, conversely, doesn't have a coaching tree... )

images

Just because Lashlee failed once as a coordinator under Gus doesn't mean Lashee's failure is fatal anymore than it means his success this past year at SMU is final.

I do think we can unequivocally say Lashlee wasn't a bust being a coach Gus pulled off the streets.

I knew Gus was going to "shuffle" the deck as Lobo called it. I have followed Gus's career since 2013. Gus has made changes to his coaching staff EVERY SEASON except 2013 when he coached for a national championship. You would have to be a fool to think Gus wouldn't make changes after his first career losing season.

These people who think the AD or boosters had anything to do with Gus making coaching changes obviously don't remember me b*tching about Ernie Sims and Grant Heard the ENTIRE season. They azzez needed to be gone!

The only coach, who left, I didn't complain about, is David Gibbs. I lament, but understand his departure. He left because he was stripped of his power as the "real" defensive coordinator.
Lol. Look at who Gus hired and promoted a year ago and see what the results are. Old head is just shuffling the deck trying to save his skin. Dude is going into his fourth year at UCF with his fourth OC.

I could be wrong but I really doubt any UCF fans care about what Gus Malzahn did at Auburn in 2010.

You are not tricking anyone here AuburnLegacy_1. Try to sell your Malzahn oil over at UCF 247…maybe one of the three people that post there will believe you.

You are done here. Done.

You are not tricking anyone here AuburnLegacy_1. Try to sell your Malzahn oil over at UCF 247…maybe one of the three people that post there will believe you.

You are done here. Done.
Get serious!

If Gus doesn't win at a minimum of seven games in 2024, then he should *maybe* consider turning over playcalling duties to Darin Hinshaw again in 2025.

Barack Obama GIF

I'm only kidding!

UCF has committed to Gus Malzahn, and Gus Malzahn has, in turn, transformed UCF into one of the predominant programs in the Big 12. I cannot name one program in the conference that has made as many "mostly" positive improvements or changes to its roster and coaching staff than UCF.

The preseason prognostications are listing the Knights in the lower standings of the league. Baloney. Barring some unforseen catastrophe, if Gus doesn't show "significant improvement" in the Big 12 then he is a "chicken eater" and he should be fired.

There is *a chance* UCF won't be better in 2024.

iswvc.jpg

Lobo be like...

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Last edited:
This guy is giving Malzahn the credit for UCF going to the Big 12. Malzahn has done nothing at UCF.

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

A non-Gus Auburn, you mean when they sucked? Remember the other post how post-Gus Auburn was/is terrible? Why hire a terrible Auburn coach?

2. Hiring people or bringing in players without having won 1 game does NOT make UCF one of the predominant programs in the Big XII. That's simply pathetic.

A non-Gus Auburn, you mean when they sucked? Remember the other post how post-Gus Auburn was/is terrible? Why hire a terrible Auburn coach?

2. Hiring people or bringing in players without having won 1 game does NOT make UCF one of the predominant programs in the Big XII. That's simply pathetic.
Ok. You have to make your mind up.

You complain that Trovon Reed is 'learning on the job' because he has never coached or recruited "off campus."

You complain because he coached for Auburn when Auburn sucked.

You complain because Trovon Reed has not won a game.

I don't know Trovon Reed, but people who do know him attest to his character. Gus believes in him enough to hire him when Gus's back is against the wall.

That's enough for me.

Ok. You have to make your mind up.

You complain that Trovon Reed is 'learning on the job' because he has never coached or recruited "off campus."

You complain because he coached for Auburn when Auburn sucked.

You complain because Trovon Reed has not won a game.

I don't know Trovon Reed, but people who do know him attest to his character. Gus believes in him enough to hire him when Gus's back is against the wall.

That's enough for me.
Enough for you because you are not a UCF fan. You are some dude that’s obsessed with Gus Malzahn.

Enough for you because you are not a UCF fan. You are some dude that’s obsessed with Gus Malzahn.
You are just jealous that Wario has done nothing to improve the u after a 7-win finish, which qualifies as "respectable" by recent Miami standards. Dude is (12-13 overall, 6-10 ACC) and should be on the hot seat! Embarrassing! That's unacceptable at any relevant program. Welp.

Gus Malzahn, meanwhile, won only six games for the first time in his illustrious coaching career and has made changes like what little is left of his hair was on fire; the caliber of changes one would expect of a 0-12 program, not 6-7.

Bottom Line: Gus is showing a commitment to a standard of excellence; Wario is showing a commitment to a paycheck and mediocrity, which is now celebrated in Coral Gables.

Oh I forgot y'all building. LOL

Last edited:
You are just jealous that Wario has done nothing to improve the u after a 7-win finish, which qualifies as "respectable" by recent Miami standards. Dude is (12-13 overall, 6-10 ACC) and should be on the hot seat! Embarrassing! That's unacceptable at any relevant program. Welp.

Gus Malzahn, meanwhile, won only six games for the first time in his illustrious coaching career and has made changes like what little is left of his hair was on fire; the caliber of changes one would expect of a 0-12 program, not 6-7.

Bottom Line: Gus is showing a commitment to a standard of excellence; Wario is showing a commitment to a paycheck and mediocrity, which is now celebrated in Coral Gables.

Oh I forgot y'all building. LOL
Mario has not improved Miami according to you. Miami signed the best OL class in 2023 and the best DL class in 2024. Mario also signed the #4 2024 class and grabbed the #1 QB in the portal. The portal will open from 4/15 to 4/30 and Miami will get a top WR to team up with Restrepo and George.

What WR is UCF going to get? UCF doesn’t even have a real WR coach…Tim Harris has not coached WRs in his life. Gus Malzahn taking the program backwards by firing and demoting coaches he hired and promoted a year ago. Four years at UCF and four different OCs at UCF.

Last edited:
Mario has not improved Miami according to you. Miami signed the best OL class in 2023 and the best DL class in 2024. Mario also signed the #4 2024 class and grabbed the #1 QB in the portal. The portal will open from 4/15 to 4/30 and Miami will get a top WR to team up with Restrepo and George.
The coaching staff dude. The coaching staff. Same scrubs (save one, of course,) that won just 7 games a year ago are leading the team again in 2024.

Tim Harris Jr saw Gus making money at UCF and no significant changes being made after a tumultuous season and got the heck out from under Wario before his ship sinks.

titanic night GIF

What WR is UCF going to get?
I honestly do not know. I lament unsuccessfully chasing Bryson Rodgers and not trying hard enough to land CJ Smith. I am unsure whether a true quality X receiver will hit the portal in May. If Gus had known Javon Baker was leaving, Gus could have entered the Ja'Corey Brooks sweepstakes .

Javon's production is irreplaceable. His attitude, work ethic, and body language are not.

UCF doesn’t even have a real WR coach…Tim Harris has not coached WRs in his life.

If I have to choose between Grant Heard or no wide receiver coach, I take Grant Heard because a warm body is better than no body. However, I take Tim Harris Jr 1,000,000 times over Grant Heard.

How hard can it really be to teach stance and start, get offs, stalk blocking, and Gus's five routes: hitch, go, post, and cross?

Last edited:
@Poolside Knight I had to summon you in response to ‘This Place':

Reddick’s flip to UCF comes eight days after Auburn’s former director of recruiting and football relations Trovon Reed was hired away from The Plains to join Gus Malzahn’s staff at UCF as the Knights’ cornerbacks coach. Reed’s new gig in Orlando marks his first on-field coaching job.

@Poolside Knight I had to summon you in response to ‘This Place':

Reddick’s flip to UCF comes eight days after Auburn’s former director of recruiting and football relations Trovon Reed was hired away from The Plains to join Gus Malzahn’s staff at UCF as the Knights’ cornerbacks coach. Reed’s new gig in Orlando marks his first on-field coaching job.

LOL…good luck holding on to that kid. Made a surprise commitment to Auburn in a October after a visit and then flipped to UCF after a visit. SEC kid that has not been recruited by Georgia yet and still has to take his OV visits (they are coming).

16 years old with a kid already and another on the way. If he has a good senior season, the big boys will come calling and the chances of him signing with UCF will be very slim.

Very impressionable kid that obviously lacks guidance. All the vulture recruiters will seek to benefit from him. First thing he needs to do is to get an agent for NIL representation. Don’t sign anything, specially with UCF’s collective given the issues it’s had (paying players). That’s all.

Last edited:
LOL…good luck holding on to that kid. Made a surprise commitment to Auburn in a October after a visit and then flipped to UCF after a visit. SEC kid that has not been recruited by Georgia yet and still has to take his OV visits (they are coming).

16 years old with a kid already and another on the way. If he has a good senior season, the big boys will come calling and the chances of him signing with UCF will be very slim.

Very impressionable kid that obviously lacks guidance. All the vulture recruiters will seek to benefit from him. First thing he needs to do is to get an agent for NIL representation. Don’t sign anything, specially with UCF’s collective given the issues it’s had (paying players). That’s all.
All up in the Kool-Aid and don't know the flavor. Maybe you should read what I wrote. My reply was not flexing on the commitment, although it is a big deal. I wrote the kid flipped because Gus/UCF hired Trovan Reed. The kid is talked about in the recruiting thread. I replied to the Trovan Reed thread to give Trovan credit

Also, I am not sure you realize how NIL works. Thuga cannot match funds with other programs like Louisville because thuga already has a bunch of guys on the payroll. Riddick is a minnow in a small lake in Athens. He is a blue whale in Orlando. Gus will get the kid child care with NIL funds if need be.

Last edited:
All up in the Kool-Aid and don't know the flavor. Maybe you should read what I wrote. My reply was not flexing on the commitment, although it is a big deal. I wrote the kid flipped because Gus/UCF hired Trovan Reed. The kid is talked about in the recruiting thread. I replied to the Trovan Reed thread to give Trovan credit

Also, I am not sure you realize how NIL works. Thuga cannot match funds with other programs like Louisville because thuga already has a bunch of guys on the payroll. Riddick is a minnow in a small lake in Athens. He is a blue whale in Orlando. Gus will get the kid child care with NIL funds if need be.
You have no idea how NIL work or anything close to that. You just make you crap and post it here. Gus doesn’t need to get the young man anything…if it goes well, he can take care of his kids on his own.

The first thing to do is to get himself a good NIL agent to protect his interest. What Reed or Malzahn promise means nothing. UCF’s collective has a bad rep to begin with.

You don’t know anything about NIL or college football. You have zero sources other than what you scavenge in free sites.

Do you know what happened with Baker? You want to know the story.?

Last edited:
You have no idea how NIL work or anything close to that. You just make you crap and post it here. Gus doesn’t need to get the young man anything…if it goes well, he can take care of his kids on his own.

The first thing to do is to get himself a good NIL agent to protect his interest. What Reed or Malzahn promise means nothing. UCF’s collective has a bad rep to begin with.

You don’t know anything about NIL or college football. You have zero sources other than what you scavenge in free sites.

Do you know what happened with Baker? You want to know the story.?
This time last year Miami sucked.

This time this year Miami still sucks.

I didn't have to scavenge for that info.

Reactions: Knight59 and KRH55
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT