ADVERTISEMENT

Another shot at millenials.....

I find it hard to believe someone does not tip while eating out. Is this full service?

I don't tip at places like Chipotle or other fast casual establishments.

LOL. This is so Bernie-Bro right here:

The same attitude applies to tipping those who provide services, such as Uber or Lyft drivers: 18% of millennials don’t tip them, even when provided with an option to do so. Nevertheless, close to 27% of the millennials surveyed suggested that they would prefer having a service charge included in items, thereby paying higher prices, and then doing away with tips.

Pushing a button for a tip is too hard- so just go ahead and force me to pay whatever tip you mandate.
It's their universal view on taxes, only typically that's only being applied to other people.

Sidenote visited msn for shiggles recently; it is basically buzzfeed or similar listicle trough. msn should be have one: top 10 ways cucked selfish boomers undid the greatest generation & raised worthless kids!

Tipping is a dumb practice, though. It's just an excuse for managers/owners to pay as little as possible to keep labor costs down. Then for the servers, it puts them into tough situations and at the mercy of customers who are frequently massive assholes and want perfection for their 2 for 20 at the local Crapplebees. Tons of people love taking their personal problems and stress out on servers.

We're acting like people wouldn't complain over service or wouldn't have an option to removing the service charge for bad service. People complain and get compensation for bad service all of the time in non-tipped industries. To to claim that just for the restaurant industry, you might be "forced" to pay a service charge for bad service is just hilarious.

Tipping is a dumb practice, though. It's just an excuse for managers/owners to pay as little as possible to keep labor costs down. Then for the servers, it puts them into tough situations and at the mercy of customers who are frequently massive assholes and want perfection for their 2 for 20 at the local Crapplebees. Tons of people love taking their personal problems and stress out on servers.

We're acting like people wouldn't complain over service or wouldn't have an option to removing the service charge for bad service. People complain and get compensation for bad service all of the time in non-tipped industries. To to claim that just for the restaurant industry, you might be "forced" to pay a service charge for bad service is just hilarious.

Conversely, I have friends who are servers who are vehemently against the idea of a no tip system.

Conversely, I have friends who are servers who are vehemently against the idea of a no tip system.
It certainly is possible for some servers to make real good money. At the same time, a service charge does not prevent anyone from giving an additional tip on top of that. Either way, I still think it's dumb overall. Doesn't mean I don't play the game because I'm not a sociopath, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT