ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance frost stays?

His black and gold blinders are on too tight and the Nebraska fans have gotten him all twizzled up..
Must be the automated dumpster fire
app. Can't shut it off.
images

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I think he's gone as 1) He'll be giving his parents a chance to be closer to his newborn (and vice versa), 2) having his child grow close to his alma mater, 3) wife closer to her home state, 4) it's his dream job, 5) an opportunity to make a positive difference in his school, and 6) our attendance stinks. All things being equal (salary, keeping his coaches, etc...) we just can't compete with the intangibles. He gone and should come clean so we can all move on. Go KNIGHTS
People make career decisions based on moving their kids closer to their Alma maters?

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
Frost was always going to come to Nebraska if offered. National Media doesn't get it, You guys don't get it, outsiders just don't get it.

Scott Frost gets it.

I'm sure you guys have gotten a glimpse into our fanbase these past few months, but to confirm we are a got damn cult. Frost is One of Us.

I agree with the poster a few posts back. I fully believe Scott planned originally to be at UCF for more than 2 years. I would imagine 4-5 minimum. I don't think anyone moves and buys a house expecting to pack up in 24 months. I think most of us would rent, though Florida does have unlimited homestead exemptions, which is wise for any legal purposes. I suspect he and Ashley are considering keeping the house, even if they move. Good vacation place, investment in general, or rental.

I am sorry for the trolls who have come to post here, ostensibly as Nebraska fans. I doubt all of them are fans.

Good luck in the CCG. I hope it goes great for the Knights. I live in Tampa and have followed both UCF and USF as a bit of an outsider, since I am originally from Nebraska.

Finally, should Scott leave, I wish you and your program only happiness. The Excellence in Football fund is a magnificent start and I think the Knights will stay on track with all the support you have.

My prediction....he's not coming clean about staying at UCF because he is saving it for the most EPIC pre-game speech in NCAA history. Imagine if he tells the team in the locker room before the game he's staying.....we will crush Memphis...any visiting recruit will sign up then and there...

Have DW put the signature line from the contract up on the Jumbotron during pregame....make sure there are season tickets reps available at every window for 10 hours after the game.

I agree with the poster a few posts back. I fully believe Scott planned originally to be at UCF for more than 2 years. I would imagine 4-5 minimum. I don't think anyone moves and buys a house expecting to pack up in 24 months. I think most of us would rent, though Florida does have unlimited homestead exemptions, which is wise for any legal purposes. I suspect he and Ashley are considering keeping the house, even if they move. Good vacation place, investment in general, or rental.

I am sorry for the trolls who have come to post here, ostensibly as Nebraska fans. I doubt all of them are fans.

Good luck in the CCG. I hope it goes great for the Knights. I live in Tampa and have followed both UCF and USF as a bit of an outsider, since I am originally from Nebraska.

Finally, should Scott leave, I wish you and your program only happiness. The Excellence in Football fund is a magnificent start and I think the Knights will stay on track with all the support you have.
I've been a bad poster on here, but it's all in good fun. You sir are the definition of class. Frost or no, I've grown to like UCF through this.

My prediction....he's not coming clean about staying at UCF because he is saving it for the most EPIC pre-game speech in NCAA history. Imagine if he tells the team in the locker room before the game he's staying.....we will crush Memphis...any visiting recruit will sign up then and there...

Have DW put the signature line from the contract up on the Jumbotron during pregame....make sure there are season tickets reps available at every window for 10 hours after the game.

A dreamer...

I believe Frost is extremely torn ...

Which is why I don't like these threads.
Let the man and his family decide for themselves.

We're 11-0 and heading to a Championship, with a NY6 bowl on-the-line.
You don't have to win your P5 Conference Championship to make the playoffs or a NY6 bowl ... but we G5s do.

Last edited:

You don't have to win your P5 Conference Championship to make the playoffs or a NY6 bowl ... but we G5s do.
We want you guys to win. We're for you, not against you!

Reactions: HuskerJedi777
I don't think he's made up his mind. A lot of people point to his avoidance of questions and that he hasn't signed an extension. Here's the deal broken down as I see it:

1) He didn't expect to be this successful, this fast. He's said this repeatedly
2) He did not expect Riley to get fired at Nebraska this quickly.
3) This opens up a vacancy at his alma mater that he wasn't planning on. The lure is strong
4) Because he loves BOTH school intensely, he thinks the RIGHT and HONEST thing to do is to listen to both pitches, both deals and weigh them in the context of everything else.
5)It's not just about money either. He has to factor in the coaches he has vs the coaches he would want at NE, and rolled into that is what kind of leeway he gets to make those decisions up there, PLUS the willingness for current coaches to leave. Some may want to, others love it here and may not be so quick to jump ship.

This is all in the context of him making great friends, relationships here (players too). People mentioned the recruits he brought here. That gets factored in. His baby was just born here during this remarkable season. He may think "what else can I do here?" but he may also think "We are just getting started"

I truly don't think he knows. I think he's doing is best to focus on the task at hand. He'll listen to Nebraska, probably Sunday. He's a religious guy too. Even though I'm not, he'll probably "pray on it" and go with what feels right to him. He doesn't like to make hasty, emotional decisions. He may very well think he's ready for the "big time" at Nebraska. But he may honestly feel that he needs a few more years to get his coaching chops up to snuff. Who knows. Frost probably doesn't even know yet.

But these done deal reports and all his crap is so ridiculous. Will it hurt the program if he leaves? you bet. But if he leaves, we should all thank the ever loving hell out of him for giving us this season. Is it enough? No. It's never enough. Personally I think our fanbase will give him so many chances to make mistakes and prove himself. I don't think he has that kind of leeway at a school like Nebraska, ESPECIALLY coming from an undefeated season like we have here. They are going to expect immediate results, and when they don't get them, they'll curse his name like they did 20 years ago.
Good points. Yeah, if he could get UCF undefeated in two seasons, imagine the bar they will set, even though he is likely to not get the speed he wants to regularly come there. He will have to do better than undefeated at a high caliber school or they'll come looking for his head fairly quickly.

I think it's quality of life vs nostalgia.
I think it's more "childhood dreams" versus "adult reality". I think he's in shock about the talent and support that now surrounds him and wonders if the same kind of thing can occur there. Trust me....there is doubt. Money or nostalgia might replace it for a while but eventually there is reality. He's only scratched the surface with us so far. Know your past but put it in the mirror and move on. We adapt....because at this point we have no other choice. They are still trying to put the square peg in the round hole.

Where is his wife from?
Obviously he is the breadwinner and if he goes to nebraska it will be a lot more bread...
That said if momma aint happy...
Truthfully I think hes gone unless his wife says no...but for the extra money hes gonna make his wife can vacation a lot...
Arizona, She has never lived in a cold climate. Might be fun for awhile for her, but gets old really fast.

Man, your college football knowledge is lacking.

Tom Osborne is famous for going for two in the 84 Orange Bowl and not getting it even though a field goal would have tied the game and won us a title. Nebraskans love him for it. Man move.

People are going to give Frost a long ass leash because he's who we want for once. We're not going to turn on the guy we were pining for.

The average UCF alum is 26 years old. Who is Tom Osbourne?

Their next step is to get into a Power 5. ACC is most logical option. Just not sure how that happens. Conferences expand for money and to gain viewership market. UCF at this moment can't offer any of that. Unless maybe they joined the big12 or big10. No teams in that area yet.

Do you think Memphis would get in ahead of ucf if they win on Saturday? Would both be one loss teams so it might depend on how close the game is.

Do you think he is sitting at home wondering, "gee i cant wait to check on the CFU rivals forums today, especially the free boards" SMH ignorant CFU fans are astounding in their antics.

You will never make a CFP.

I come in peace not a troll, first thing good luck hopefully you win on Saturday, second it's my understanding that Nebraska has been Scott's dream job so if you put it in perspective say that my dream job is in North Dakota and I'm offered that job with a nice pay raise and my parents live there plus I'm loyal to the former owner I finish my present job assignment and pickup and move. Maybe it's more of a Great Plains thing I don't know I actually was hoping Riley would work out but wasn't to be imo he probably should have been gone after year 1. Again good luck Saturday

I've been a bad poster on here, but it's all in good fun. You sir are the definition of class. Frost or no, I've grown to like UCF through this.

You have been an asshole. Even if you think it is in 'good fun'.

I doubt you are old enough to recall, with that post, but Tom Osborne won 3 championships. And he only won them because he decided NOT to go to Colorado. Where he probably would have won them for the Buffs.

A little kindness goes a long way, and you are insulting and demeaning a team that is possibly losing a championship coach of that caliber.

Have some awareness, some self awareness. Have some sympathy. Have some ****ing class.

If Scott leaves UCF these fans have reason to grieve. I don't blame them. I am close enough to grieve with them. However, I also have confidence that DW will find the next great one, or as best as is available.

I think it's more "childhood dreams" versus "adult reality". I think he's in shock about the talent and support that now surrounds him and wonders if the same kind of thing can occur there.

No offense, but you're being willfully ignorant if you convince yourself to believe that.

Nebraska routinely pulls in top 20 recruiting classes; when's the last time UCF cracked the top 50 even?

Support? UCF's game attendance is god awful, whereas Nebraska literally holds the record for consecutive sellouts.

I doubt you are old enough to recall, with that post, but Tom Osborne won 3 championships. And he only won them because he decided NOT to go to Colorado. Where he probably would have won them for the Buffs.

A little kindness goes a long way, and you are insulting and demeaning a team that is possibly losing a championship coach of that caliber.

Have some awareness, some self awareness. Have some sympathy. Have some ****ing class.

If Scott leaves UCF these fans have reason to grieve. I don't blame them. I am close enough to grieve with them. However, I also have confidence that DW will find the next great one, or as best as is available.

Jesus Hitler Christ, when you're done patting yourself on the back and awarding yourself the Nobel Peace Prize could you kindly return to the retirement home?

There's a difference between "having class" and being a total pushover. Fans like you are why Mike Riley got hired in the first place. Ashamed we share fandom for the same team; I bet you're the same dude who berates fans born outside of Nebraska.

No offense, but you're being willfully ignorant if you convince yourself to believe that.

Nebraska routinely pulls in top 20 recruiting classes; when's the last time UCF cracked the top 50 even?

Support? UCF's game attendance is god awful, whereas Nebraska literally holds the record for consecutive sellouts.
Ok let's say you guys are at 20 every year and we are 59. Let's compare NFL players right now. Should be 45 Nebraska and UCF 6. Let me know the actual numbers.

Jesus Hitler Christ, when you're done patting yourself on the back and awarding yourself the Nobel Peace Prize could you kindly return to the retirement home?

There's a difference between "having class" and being a total pushover. Fans like you are why Mike Riley got hired in the first place. Ashamed we share fandom for the same team; I bet you're the same dude who berates fans born outside of Nebraska.

Go **** yourself. Riley never had a place at Nebraska, never should have been hired. We should have given Scott a look back then, but I understand why we did not.

Fans like yourself are the reason we have been stuck in this hole for 20 years. I bet you applauded the Solich firing. Now, go give yourself a Razzie Award.

Go **** yourself. Riley never had a place at Nebraska, never should have been hired. We should have given Scott a look back then, but I understand why we did not.

Fans like yourself are the reason we have been stuck in this hole for 20 years. I bet you applauded the Solich firing. Now, go give yourself a Razzie Award.
You didn't answer my NFL player comment.

Ok let's say you guys are at 20 every year and we are 59. Let's compare NFL players right now. Should be 45 Nebraska and UCF 6. Let me know the actual numbers.

It's not "let's say" its a fact lol. How many ProBowlers did yall have last year? Zero? Where did Carson Wentz play college football? Where did Kareem Hunt play? Where did Antonio Brown play?

Am I now to believe that North Dakota St, Toledo, and Central Michigan recruit superior talent to Ohio State given their NFL performances?

I'm not sure that is a direct or even correct correlation. A great college prospect might be a terrible pro prospect and vice versa. But a quick search showed 24 Huskers to 15 Knights on active rosters.

Reactions: MisterDaddy

Do you realize how stupid you sound trying to lecture us on "having class" then riddling your responses with profanity? I think it's time for your nap, Grandpa.

Btw BlakNGold, Nebraska has 28 players in the NFL as of 11/7/17. UCF has what, 12?

I rest my case, sit back down boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broadway O
It's not "let's say" its a fact lol. How many ProBowlers did yall have last year? Zero? Where did Carson Wentz play college football? Where did Kareem Hunt play? Where did Antonio Brown play?

Am I now to believe that North Dakota St, Toledo, and Central Michigan recruit superior talent to Ohio State given their NFL performances?
It's pretty obvious the scouts and sites are wrong quite a bit. If a school in the high 50s or low 60s have the same amount of NFL talent than the grading systems are wrong or the coaches just suck. Plus no one mentioned Ohio State. Just Shitty ass Nebraska.

My apologies, I thought I was responding to a(nother) Nebraska Troll. It got me worked up.

I am thrilled for UCF and hope the rise continues.

I am ashamed of the Husker trolls that come here to rub salt in a potential wound. I swear, if Scott should decide to stay with UCF, it's exactly those bastards he doesn't want to deal with. Who would?

My apologies, I thought I was responding to a(nother) Nebraska Troll. It got me worked up.

I am thrilled for UCF and hope the rise continues.

I am ashamed of the Husker trolls that come here to rub salt in a potential wound. I swear, if Scott should decide to stay with UCF, it's exactly those bastards he doesn't want to deal with. Who would?
I've already given up. Not happy with how this went down. I don't like the , I'm not looking around routine. If I'm your boyfriend and you like another dude more, just say so. Don't keep fuking me and looking elsewhere when I walk away. Just leave me.

But Dr. Tom wasn’t from Colorado though. He was also born and raised in Nebraska so your argument doesn’t make sense in the context of going home to your dream job..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT