ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody here have any experience working for UCF?

Ace of Knights

Silver Knight
Sep 6, 2009
I recently applied to be a "coordinator, academic support services" within the office of Undergraduate Research. I believe i'm well qualified for the position and I hope to at least get an interview. But I was curious, does anyone have any experience working for UCF in professional position? How long does it take them to go through an application and get back to people?

Normally positions open up on the website because they are required to. Often they are looking to promote from within and are just going through the motions. Pay is always pretty low, but the benefits are nice. Expect a couple of weeks.

Normally positions open up on the website because they are required to. Often they are looking to promote from within and are just going through the motions. Pay is always pretty low, but the benefits are nice. Expect a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I was aware that more often than not the positions are filled from within. But I had to try and i'm actively looking for anyone who would be willing to flag my resume or reach out on my behalf. Gotta work the connections.

But I was curious, does anyone have any experience working for UCF in professional position?
I used to tailgate with a guy in ops. Depends on the position, but he seemed to enjoy working for the UCFAA.

I'm convinced that applying for jobs online is not a real way to get a job.
Considering it allows HR departments to arbitrary filter far more easily without reading anything about an applicant's work history ... I'm inclined to agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT