ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Becktondict Arnold

Sherlock-GTFO.gif

Memes are the internet equivalent of rage fits. Both come about when someone has no ability to verbalize their feelings in a way that is consistent with rational thinking so they act out.

It's ok. Your irrational hatred of the coaching staff that brought your team an undefeated season is validated by your ability to take on rational discussion with vapid visualizations of movie scenes or pictures that contain a well thought out caption that would be generally used by a 15 year old. Well done.

Truth. Butt-hurt Krytros just cannot face it.

The good news is that Beckton will still come back to UCF if given the opportunity, despite the Krytros bashing him. UCF is still "my program," in his own words, even when talking to the Nebraska media.

Exactly. And instead of trashing him the response should be well wishes and the hope that he improves his coaching abilities to the point that he becomes a hot commodity and eventually chooses to return to UCF because he has an emotional connection to the program.

Reactions: UCFBS
Hey. Newsflash. Beckton is looking out for numero uno and he has the right to do so. He’s not a member of UCF anymore. He’s gone. Wished him great things when he was here. He had a scholarship and then a salary

He’s gone. Screw him. He had years to show that he was a good coach and guess what? He was a good position coach and recruiter.
Nothing more

Truth. Butt-hurt Krytros just cannot face it.

The good news is that Beckton will still come back to UCF if given the opportunity, despite the Krytros bashing him. UCF is still "my program," in his own words, even when talking to the Nebraska media.
He gone

“The people here, they know their stuff,” Beckton said. “It’s just different.”

“My big thing is, I know Coach Frost is going to continue to win. And I want to be able to be in a position to win a national championship.”

Buck Feckton. These two statements represent what he really thinks about UCF and Orlando. If you stay in the "he's welcome back anytime" camp then you suffer from abused fan syndrome, and I feel sorry for you.
This guy gets it. Great post. Beckton isn’t loyal and either are we.

You mean like GOL didn't put #18 in? Seriously, I was an alleged GOL nuthugger, but both #18 and Beckton were held back artificially by GOL, and I still dislike him for doing both.

I see Beckton proving all of you wrong within the next 5 years. He'll move into the OC role as others move on from Nebraska.
Apples and oranges

This guy gets it. Great post. Beckton isn’t loyal and either are we.

Which is what makes you a poor fan. You see, part of what makes a program great is that the fanbase can be cordial and consistent when it comes to the players and coaches. You view a player or coach moving on as a personal attack on your sensibilities, when in reality it's just an individual making a decision based on their own best interests.

So Beckton is a traitor and you hate him now and have no problem whatsoever ignoring the contributions he made to the team you supposedly support. How could you ever think that he, or anyone, would want to be involved in your football program knowing that you really don't care about them, you just care about how much they can stroke your ego through 3rd party interest?

Ummm, did you just make that argument?

The whole freak'n staff moved from G5 to P5 in 2 years! Nebraska has money.

We'll see. Again, I see Beckton proving you all wrong within 5 years.

I hope we have Head Coach Beckton by the mid 2020s.
You missed my point. Point was UCF “held him down” from growing. You realize Frost was UCF as well. He just went with the same guy that held him down at a G5 school to a P5 school where Frost will want more control. Not less. His career is make or break at Nebraska. He’s not going to leave it in the hands of some assistant.

Reactions: Mikesi
So ... according to what I’ve read, DW asked Frost to retain Becktondict Arnold after a winless season. Then in a time of need Becktondict Arnold stole all of our recruits and moved to another program. Basically kicking DW, the fans and the program that stood by him in the nuts on the way out. And we should rehire him IF he somehow becomes a better position coach under SF.

Then we should wait if/until he gets a better head coaching position to do it again. Sorry fool me once shame on me.....

And crazyhole .... I don’t dislike Becktondict Arnold because he left our program. I applaud all he did for our program. I dislike him for the traitorous way he left our program. Much like Benedict Arnold was originally a hero in the revolution and was given credit/responsible for great victories (battles of Ticonderoga/Saratoga) but in the end what he did made him a traitor.

Last edited:
So ... according to what I’ve read, DW asked Frost to retain Becktondict Arnold after a winless season. Then in a time of need Becktondict Arnold stole all of our recruits and moved to another program. Basically kicking DW, the fans and the program that stood by him in the nuts on the way out. And we should rehire him IF he somehow becomes a better position coach under SF.

Then we should wait if/until he gets a better head coaching position to do it again. Sorry fool me once shame on me.....

And crazyhole .... I don’t dislike Becktondict Arnold because he left our program. I applaud all he did for our program. I dislike him for the traitorous way he left our program. Much like Benedict Arnold was originally a hero in the revolution and was given credit/responsible for great victories (battles of Ticonderoga/Saratoga) but in the end what he did made him a traitor.
Another quality post. Not sure how it could be put any better

“My big thing is, I know Coach Frost is going to continue to win. And I want to be able to be in a position to win a national championship.”

Buck Feckton. These two statements represent what he really thinks about UCF and Orlando. If you stay in the "he's welcome back anytime" camp then you suffer from abused fan syndrome, and I feel sorry for you.
I don't see the bolded part as a slight towards UCF. It's just a different culture there and that can be viewed as good but also can be a negative after he gets settled in there. It would be the same contrast if he were comparing Nebraska and UCLA , no one is going to care about a position coach when shopping for Mulch in West LA.

Despite the claim the part about the National Championship is also true as much as it sucks to hear. It's an exclusionary system right now that UCF unfairly is not a part of. Taggart said the same thing when he left USF and if Heupel wins over 10 games a year for 3 straight years he'll probably leave and say the same thing.

Which is what makes you a poor fan. You see, part of what makes a program great is that the fanbase can be cordial and consistent when it comes to the players and coaches. You view a player or coach moving on as a personal attack on your sensibilities, when in reality it's just an individual making a decision based on their own best interests.

So Beckton is a traitor and you hate him now and have no problem whatsoever ignoring the contributions he made to the team you supposedly support. How could you ever think that he, or anyone, would want to be involved in your football program knowing that you really don't care about them, you just care about how much they can stroke your ego through 3rd party interest?
It’s the way he left the program. I’m sure there are plenty of coaches that left Nobraska that you Cornholes are trashing all the time that made great contributions to your program
Frank Solich comes to mind immediately

Kevin Smith left in a way that was in his best interest. He played for UCF, coached here for a short time, recruited players and went to a sort of in state rival

He’s actually coaching against us in several months

Yet, he remains one of my favorite UCF players EVER.

So.., your personal attack on me is baseless

Reactions: tribbleorlfl

:clap:[thumb2]:okay:

Memes are the internet equivalent of rage fits. Both come about when someone has no ability to verbalize their feelings in a way that is consistent with rational thinking so they act out.

It's ok. Your irrational hatred of the coaching staff that brought your team an undefeated season is validated by your ability to take on rational discussion with vapid visualizations of movie scenes or pictures that contain a well thought out caption that would be generally used by a 15 year old. Well done.

8YwagK.png

You are not worth the effort because most don't really care what you have to say..............

A royal punch UCF in the face, kick sand in our faces, stab us in the back and rip us a new A-hole on the way out the door. Oh.., did I mention leaving us high and dry without any coaches.

He said FU UCF and it’s not at all about being butthurt. It’s basically his own words.

8YwagK.png

You are not worth the effort because most don't really care what you have to say..............
Exactly! A Meme is an easy way to say something when you don’t care to waste your time on these idiots. It gets the point across

drxZnv.png

Reactions: JAFFX2
It’s the way he left the program. I’m sure there are plenty of coaches that left Nobraska that you Cornholes are trashing all the time that made great contributions to your program
Frank Solich comes to mind immediately

Solich was fired and is still respected in Nebraska. Few would criticize him outside of his failures in recruiting.

A better example would be Kevin Steele. A long time assistant coach in Lincoln who left for a head coaching position and failed. Since then he has resumed a high level of success and I would defy you to find a single husker fan that would call him a traitor, let alone one on the level of Benedict Arnold. Nice try though, at least you were able to name a coach that resided at the program you despise so much. That's a sign that maybe you are overcoming your insecurities and trying to find a way to have a rational, intelligent conversation. The next step for you should be doing away with the petty, pathetic attempts at insults by using terminology such as Nobraska and cornhole. They're baby steps and may be difficult but should be worth it if you truly have the desire to not be a jackwagon on the internet.

Exactly! A Meme is an easy way to say something when you don’t care to waste your time on these idiots. It gets the point across

drxZnv.png

It's almost as effective as saying "duurrrrhhhhhhrrrrhhhh" over and over again.

Solich was fired and is still respected in Nebraska. Few would criticize him outside of his failures in recruiting.

A better example would be Kevin Steele. A long time assistant coach in Lincoln who left for a head coaching position and failed. Since then he has resumed a high level of success and I would defy you to find a single husker fan that would call him a traitor, let alone one on the level of Benedict Arnold. Nice try though, at least you were able to name a coach that resided at the program you despise so much. That's a sign that maybe you are overcoming your insecurities and trying to find a way to have a rational, intelligent conversation. The next step for you should be doing away with the petty, pathetic attempts at insults by using terminology such as Nobraska and cornhole. They're baby steps and may be difficult but should be worth it if you truly have the desire to not be a jackwagon on the internet.
It’s going to be quite challenging to rationalize and insult people what don’t care the least about your existence. I took more care avoiding running over ants today on the way to work, than anyone on here cares about you. You’re the new whipping boy. The last of the remaining cockroaches

Go corn hole yourself.

It’s going to be quite challenging to rationalize and insult people what don’t care the least about your existence. I took more care avoiding running over ants today on the way to work, than anyone on here cares about you. You’re the new whipping boy. The last of the remaining cockroaches

For a whipping boy it would surely appear that he can provide much more intelligent and well thought out responses than his master. One would think that a person of your high level of intellect and respect could do better than petty insults, slurs, and self validating himself.

Am I supposed to believe that calling me a cornhole means you got the best of the discussion? Pretty sure I got past that level of interpersonal relationship qualities when I was in 1st grade.

No offense, but you guys are jerks.

Frost really kicked butt at UCF, and if I was Beckton, I would have done the same thing.

Beckton didn't run out of Orlando. He thought long and hard. But he finally realized it was the best chance for his future. He had been living for UCF, but now, he needs to focus on his future. He's no spring chicken, his time is limited.

Now he's all Nebraska, but still says UCF 'what I call my program.' That's loyalty ... to both UCF and Frost. I see him returning. We should welcome him with open arms.

I hope he proves all of you guys wrong.
It's not his program, and feel free to take your loyalty with him and Frost. Oh, and we're jerks? Go piss up a rope.

Go corn hole yourself.

What does that entail exactly? Can you describe that act in detail and explain how you are so familiar with it? Does it involve assistant football coaches? Or perhaps the Nevada dental association? I'm sorry but that term isn't one that I'm familiar with. Maybe it's a regional thing from the Orlando area.

You guys are seriously ridiculous.

For a whipping boy it would surely appear that he can provide much more intelligent and well thought out responses than his master. One would think that a person of your high level of intellect and respect could do better than petty insults, slurs, and self validating himself.

Am I supposed to believe that calling me a cornhole means you got the best of the discussion? Pretty sure I got past that level of interpersonal relationship qualities when I was in 1st grade.
I used my brain way too much today to waste what’s left of it on you. We are ridiculous. So that means you must leave, right?

It's not his program, and feel free to take your loyalty with him and Frost. Oh, and we're jerks? Go piss up a rope.

Another quality insult. How exactly does a person go about pissing up a rope and what makes it an insult to claim that one does so?

And you used a hell of a lot of your life and energy over 2 days fighting multiple arguments and posters with no endpoint in site

Nah, I find it curious and entertaining to see people squirm over facts that undermine their preconceived emotions and irrational hatred.

Not an insult. Statement of fact followed by a solid suggestion.

Ok. Well I have several different sizes and lengths of rope. Do I need to hang this rope vertically or is this a situation where I can lay it on the ground and piss on it? What should I expect from doing so? Will it affect my judgment when it comes to college athletics and discussing it on the internet, or am I just pissing on a rope?

Ok. Well I have several different sizes and lengths of rope. Do I need to hang this rope vertically or is this a situation where I can lay it on the ground and piss on it? What should I expect from doing so? Will it affect my judgment when it comes to college athletics and discussing it on the internet, or am I just pissing on a rope?
Figure it out.

He said go piss UP a rope. So obviously you wouldn’t lay it on ground. He didn’t say on.

idiomatic, slang, vulgar) To engage in futile or impossible activity. Alternately, a slightly more polite way of saying **** off. "You can't park here; I'm saving this spot for my friend." "Go piss up a rope."

Kevin Smith left in a way that was in his best interest. He played for UCF, coached here for a short time, recruited players and went to a sort of in state rival

He’s actually coaching against us in several months

Yet, he remains one of my favorite UCF players EVER.

So.., your personal attack on me is baseless
This is precisely how I feel. I will always celebrate Beck's contribution to the school and wish him well at NU. You can't fault anyone for leaving for what they feel is a better opportunity. However, the way he left I think has permanently ruled out a chance for him to come back home Scott Frost-style.

Between his early tweets about the "real reason" he left and this article, I don't get the sense he was conflicted at all.

This is precisely how I feel. I will always celebrate Beck's contribution to the school and wish him well at NU. You can't fault anyone for leaving for what they feel is a better opportunity. However, the way he left I think has permanently ruled out a chance for him to come back home Scott Frost-style.

Between his early tweets about the "real reason" he left and this article, I don't get the sense he was conflicted at all.
100% agree. I think this is the consensus amongst a lot of people, but of course not everyone. I just don’t think we will be seeing him at UCF anytime soon, but you can never say never. Personally, I think he stuck it too us more than was absolutely necessary.

Reactions: KnightHammer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT