ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball: Tallahassee regional.

Can someone explain how UCF as a "last 4 in" team, is a #3 seed over ASUN champ #4 Stetson?
Champs are auto bids. Last 4 means at large. UCF shouldn’t be in. 7th or 9th best Big 12 team. Only a 3 seed because of Conference. Still an AAC mid pack level roster.

Champs are auto bids. Last 4 means at large. UCF shouldn’t be in. 7th or 9th best Big 12 team. Only a 3 seed because of Conference. Still an AAC mid pack level roster.
and you didn't answer the question.

Stetson shoulda been the 3.

"Only" 3 seed for UCF?? They shouldn't have even made it at all. I don't care what their rpi is.

Last edited:
This is absolutely ridiculous. They had the third best RPI in the conference (#33 RPI nationally), beat Oklahoma State (Hosting a regional) three times this season. In-state wins against Florida, Miami, USF, FAU.

One bad game against FSU and some of you all turn on your own school like sheep.

It’s the coach’s first season for f*€k sake, and they were arguably UCF’s most successful team this school year.

Can someone explain how UCF as a "last 4 in" team, is a #3 seed over ASUN champ #4 Stetson?
Sure. It’s similar to the NCAA tournament for basketball. The lowest seeds are to automatic qualifiers that had no prayer of making the tournament as an at large. In this case according to RPI, Stetson is 97th and UCF is 31st. So Stetson was about 60 spots out of contention for an at large slot.

The irony is this is the same argument SEC has for been in the best bowl games and smaller conference is excluded. UCF rpi is propped up by their conference and Stetson's is hurt by their conference. If this same team was in AAC they are not in the tournament.

The irony is this is the same argument SEC has for been in the best bowl games and smaller conference is excluded. UCF rpi is propped up by their conference and Stetson's is hurt by their conference. If this same team was in AAC they are not in the tournament.
Your argument is pretty weak. The SEC is indisputably the strongest football conference. But Big 12 baseball is nothing close to that, they’re like the 4th strongest conference.

I’ll say it for the second time now. UCF RPI is not inflated because they’re P5. It’s strong because they beat OKST three times, a team that has a great chance to win it all.

The ridiculous arguments that I was originally responding to were that
A) UCF doesn’t deserve to be in the tournament
B) and that Stetson should be seeded higher than UCf.

Both of those takes are reactionary stemming from last night, and they couldn’t be further from the truth.

Nope. UCF non-conference RPI is 21 and Stetsons is 92. The top 30 of RPI is littered with small conference teams. Not like football whatsoever.

5-2 Knights....nothing but bad things for Stetson after they pulled their pitcher who was just humming right along.

Amazing how many people are ready to jump off a cliff because UCF lost a game to the #8 national seed who was throwing one of the top 3 pitchers in the entire country. 🤣

Reactions: connerito
The boys are looking crisp so far. Hopefully that double header doesn’t catch up to them on a hot humid day.

Actually just heard the announcers say it was 82 degrees out. That’s perfect baseball weather for a couple of FL teams.

6-2. fsu. same inning the 5th. I'm turning it off and going to go off and enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening.

Bleh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT