ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball vs UMASS

The broadcast of the UMass women's game is working tonight so there's a good chance the UCF-UMass game will be available Saturday (I hope).
Yes, always to the opponent's site. Every other team on the planet broadcasts everything.

Dang we long good!

AJ makes this team 3x better.

The score isn't indicative of how well we are playing. I know. I play street ball.

Give credit to UMass defense but if our shots were going down we would be up by 10

Is this one of the better defenses we've faced? I've only watched the Nova game this year

By far. UMass is the best defense we have seen all year. They have a great game plan. Credit their coach.

We have better talent. Our best players BJ AJ and Matt Williams are being shut down but they fouling. They are winning the battles (fouling). We are winning the war.

With as bad as we played it's good we are only down 1. This is where Dawkins proves he's better than DJ. Adjustments are needed to win this game. 1 thing I noticed was Tacko waits till he has ball to see what he will do with it. If he drop steps as receiving ball he gets easy dunks or fouls. Plus we aren't passing and screening away. Just switching positions. Screens have got to be set for open 3 pointers.

Tank saved us. Made 2 threes and a slashing to the basket. AD still really rusty and not in sync with the rest of the squad. BJ has lots of troubles against quick guards. And of course UMass has more depth to give fouls and press. Great 8 point comeback to tie the game when last year's team would have folded. This is first time against a large, noisy crowd so that's important experience.

Reactions: UCFhonors
With as bad as we played it's good we are only down 1. This is where Dawkins proves he's better than DJ. Adjustments are needed to win this game. 1 thing I noticed was Tacko waits till he has ball to see what he will do with it. If he drop steps as receiving ball he gets easy dunks or fouls. Plus we aren't passing and screening away. Just switching positions. Screens have got to be set for open 3 pointers.

Gosh I hate reading you're stuff. You're such a negative Nacy. Only proves to me that either you never played sports. Or you're Uncle Rico.

Either way you only state the problems.

They have a great way to deal with Tacko.
They are playing great defense which includes cutting off passing lanes and switching off off screens.

Sure we need to be adjusting to what they are doing. That's no shit. But we have been by drawing fouls.

They are selling out. We will adjust and make them pay for it.

Games are a chess match. They taken our pawns but we got their Queen.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFProf
Gosh I hate reading you're stuff. You're such a negative Nacy. Only proves to me that either you never played sports. Or you're Uncle Rico.

Either way you only state the problems.

They have a great way to deal with Tacko.
They are playing great defense which includes cutting off passing lanes and switching off off screens.

Sure we need to be adjusting to what they are doing. That's no shit. But we have been by drawing fouls.

They are selling out. We will adjust and make them pay for it.

Games are a chess match. They taken are pawns but we got their Queen.
Then don't read them. Or comment on them. Why would I comment on something that is working? I played basketball and baseball through high school. Thanks for asking.

Tank saved us. Made 2 threes and a slashing to the basket. AD still really rusty and not in sync with the rest of the squad. BJ has lots of troubles against quick guards. And of course UMass has more depth to give fouls and press. Great 8 point comeback to tie the game when last year's team would have folded. This is first time against a large, noisy crowd so that's important experience.

Exactly. We are seeing Tank step up. AJ hasn't got in synced with the team. High press was getting us out our rythem. Break that and

If we were out rebounding them, we would kill their spirit.

We need to shut down their #24

But we are in a good position near the end.

Feed Tank

Here is the game 13 seconds left. Tied.

Such clutch free throws for Tacko.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT