ADVERTISEMENT

Bernie Sanders will legalize marijuana as president.

Can you elaborate on that? It’s not really a response to my question.
Picking winners and losers is the basic economic tenet of Fascism. The government gives preference to certain private industry members in law making, and in return those same members support politicians financially. The added incentive for both sides is that the government works hand in hand with labor cartels, both keeping wages down but increasing government based benefits.

We have been a fascistic country for 70 years, it's just more subtle than Mussolini or Peron.

Helping a black person in the legal weed industry doesn’t reverse the harm caused by incarcerating a different black person for a weed offense in the past.
We've done harm to entire communities. Building up wealth inside of communities that have been harmed helps. It doesn't fix what was done that harmed on the individual level but if we're going to fix a racist system caused by war on weed and redlining and many other policies we need to start by making it easier for people to pull themselves up after we've made it harder for that to happen for 300 years.

Picking winners and losers is the basic economic tenet of Fascism. The government gives preference to certain private industry members in law making, and in return those same members support politicians financially. The added incentive for both sides is that the government works hand in hand with labor cartels, both keeping wages down but increasing government based benefits.

We have been a fascistic country for 70 years, it's just more subtle than Mussolini or Peron.
We've always picked winners. We picked white people.

The number one way people in the middle class gain wealth is through their home value. People of color didn't have access to that because of redlining. That's fuuuucked uuuuup.

Then communities that were poor found they had no business investment in their communities because they didn't have wealth. They turned to selling drugs and we punished that and made it worse.

It's time to undo that stuff. I think we should give residents of impacted communities 0% home loans. Get the first generation into home ownership and you'll see that wealth carry on. Same thing with weed business. Residents of impacted communities entrepreneurs should have access to capital to invest in the distribution channels in and around their communities

Just asking the question, are we cool with that?

I think it depends on the situation. If it is going to bring needed jobs to a community that is hurting for jobs, then I don't have that big a problem with it. When it is giving incentives to Amazon, already the wealthiest company on the planet I believe, then yeah, I am not big on that. In this case, giving incentives to groups that have been most hurt by the drug war, I personally don't have an issue with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT