ADVERTISEMENT

Best acting performance.

Gary Oldman in just about everything he's done. Most of his films, he's by far the best actor in the cast, even if he's not a major role.

The Professional
The Fifth Element
Air Force One
The Book of Eli
Darkest Hour

Even his reprising role as Commissioner Gordon in the Dark Knight films is good.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Gary Oldman in just about everything he's done. Most of his films, he's by far the best actor in the cast, even if he's not a major role.

The Professional
The Fifth Element
Air Force One
The Book of Eli
Darkest Hour

Even his reprising role as Commissioner Gordon in the Dark Knight films is good.

Sorry you can't put The Fifth Element or Air Force One in the same sentence as great acting.

Reactions: UCFBS
Didn't say they were great movies. They're not. But Oldman does a great job of acting in them. Not his fault nobody else did.

Oldman is always good. Some would categorize him as a character actor but he's way beyond that.

LOL I forgot Oldman played the weirdo villain in The Fifth Element.

He went from that, to Commissioner Gordon, to Winston Churchill.

Sorry you can't put The Fifth Element or Air Force One in the same sentence as great acting.
Let's ask President Ford what he thinks about that ...

scary-movie-3-2003-film.jpg

Reactions: crambone
Not sure how I missed this one, but Val Kilmer in Tombstone was an amazing performance.
For almost a modern, pop-culture, celeb-heavy style western ... definitely. It will always stand out.

I guess most people didn't see Scary Movie 3 ... or just have me blocked. ;)

Both are solid, for sure.

Just binge watched all ten episodes of Band Of Brothers. From the combat scenes to when they liberated the concentration camp, all of it was absolutely brutal. It truly captures the emotions and evils of war. I thought it was really neat how the interviews of the veterans, from which much of the story came, were captured as a prologue to each episode.

Great series and it should be required watching for all middle/high school kids.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Just binge watched all ten episodes of Band Of Brothers. From the combat scenes to when they liberated the concentration camp, all of it was absolutely brutal. It truly captures the emotions and evils of war. I thought it was really neat how the interviews of the veterans, from which much of the story came, were captured as a prologue to each episode.

Great series and it should be required watching for all middle/high school kids.
its so well done. i think this should definitely be considered material for high school students.

Now go watch The Pacific. Also by HBO and Tom Hanks, but IMO much more brutal since it reflects how God awful the Pacific theater was against the Japanese.

Band of Brothers had a much better cinematic timeline, didn't jump around...lead to better character development than the Pacific.

BOB came out 17 years ago...I still recognize many actors from that series where many got their first big role. (One of them is starring in The Crossing).

Now go watch The Pacific. Also by HBO and Tom Hanks, but IMO much more brutal since it reflects how God awful the Pacific theater was against the Japanese.
That will be my next watch. I'll probably give it a few days before I start watching it because once I start, I'll want to finish it. Considering the origin of the series, it's a lot of violence to absorb in such a short span, at least for me anyways.

started watching the pacific last week and now im 4 episodes in. i dont know if im going to finish watching it. its not even close to band of brothers.

Reactions: Knight_Light
started watching the pacific last week and now im 4 episodes in. i dont know if im going to finish watching it. its not even close to band of brothers.
Keep me updated. Band of Brothers was initially slow but not for four episodes.

Keep me updated. Band of Brothers was initially slow but not for four episodes.
i just dont feel the same connection i had to the characters in band of brothers. dont get me wrong some of the action has been great. they just werent able to replicate bob in the pacific

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT