ADVERTISEMENT

Biden: I want to be a dictator

What if you’ve already had the disease? Are you a dick if you don’t wear a mask?

Considering we dont know how long immunity even lasts then I would go with yes. Unless someone can't wear one for medical reasons, then there is no reason not to wear one. What it says is that you dont care about the people around you.

I dont see why it is any less enforceable than any other laws, and I also think if Trump did it then his followers would do it as well. This shouldnt be that hard.

You seem to think there is this linear correlation between no mask usage and Trump support, or vice versa. Why? The overwhelming majority of new cases in FL are from young people who plowed into bars without a mask to be found, aka not exactly the Trump base. Probably a bunch of Bernie Bros and their friends.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You seem to think there is this linear correlation between no mask usage and Trump support, or vice versa. Why? The overwhelming majority of new cases in FL are from young people who plowed into bars without a mask to be found, aka not exactly the Trump base. Probably a bunch of Bernie Bros and their friends.

Young people are stupid too, but I am sure plent of them support Trump. Regardless, Trump is the president. If he would wear a mask, I gurantee you many more people in this country would as well.

Says the Trump supporter quibbling over whether Biden would have the legal authority to tell all Americans they should wear a face mask during this deadly pandemic. :rolleyes:

you had him until you said Deadly Pandemic. 0.5% IFR is hardly “Deadly”

Wrong. That’s out of touch. Young people don’t listen

I wasnt talking about just young people, but I am sure plenty of young people would as well. It is at least worth the effort right? Is there any defense what so ever of Trump not pushing people to wear a mask? And not wearing one himself in situations where he should be wearing one?

Says the Trump supporter quibbling over whether Biden would have the legal authority to tell all Americans they should wear a face mask during this deadly pandemic. :rolleyes:
The question is does he have the legal authority to say YOU HAVE TO. Biden thinks he does even though the constitution doesn't grant him that authority, so he wants to take dictatorial authority. After 4 months of asking the same question with no answer, I'll ask it again: what enforcement mechanism should the president use to maintain social distancing or force wearing masks?

The question is does he have the legal authority to say YOU HAVE TO.
The answer is: he doesn't need to. If he's the POTUS and says everybody should wear masks, that's all the country needs to hear.

Sure there's always knuckleheads, but that's where the state and local authorities come into play. If people aren't publicly shamed into compliance, then local authorities can step in.

You act like the government can't 'order' you to do things. I'm pretty sure that if you decide to go out in public naked or drive a vehicle without a license, or decide to sing a tune inside a library, you'll discover YOU HAVE TO comply with the government's wishes to wear clothes, have a driver's license, and be quiet inside a library.

The answer is: he doesn't need to. If he's the POTUS and says everybody should wear masks, that's all the country needs to hear.

Sure there's always knuckleheads, but that's where the state and local authorities come into play. If people aren't publicly shamed into compliance, then local authorities can step in.

You act like the government can't 'order' you to do things. I'm pretty sure that if you decide to go out in public naked or drive a vehicle without a license, or decide to sing a tune inside a library, you'll discover YOU HAVE TO comply with the government's wishes to wear clothes, have a driver's license, and be quiet inside a library.
But he said that he will. If biden is president you will NOT have the choice to wear a mask or not. It won't be a deal where knuckleheads don't listen, it'll be a deal where if you go to the store and forget your mask for a 2 minute transaction, you go to jail.

So to clarify, you want people who are against masks to be publicly shaped into wearing them. And if they don’t wear them, then Johnny Law should step in and lay the smack down. That’s a bold way of thinking, Cotton. Let’s see if It pays off

I wasnt talking about just young people, but I am sure plenty of young people would as well. It is at least worth the effort right? Is there any defense what so ever of Trump not pushing people to wear a mask? And not wearing one himself in situations where he should be wearing one?
I wear a mask. Why isn’t Trump pushing masks or wearing one? Someone should ask him

"I would do everything possible to make it required that people had to wear masks in public".

Everything possible is a pretty scary proposition.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Says the moron who was screaming hysterically for Trump to "lockdown" the entire nation, only to watch him attempt to do so for 3 states and then have their Democratic Governors revolt and threaten to sue the government for asserting rights the Federal Government does not have.

Only to watch you then continue screaming hysterically for a "national lockdown"

So to clarify, you want people who are against masks to be publicly shaped into wearing them. And if they don’t wear them, then Johnny Law should step in and lay the smack down. That’s a bold way of thinking, Cotton. Let’s see if It pays off
Earth to DAiello18: We're in the midst of a pandemic!!!! People need to all work together to stop it's spread!!!! People who refuse to cooperate are a risk to themselves AND to others they come into contact with.

What part of the above do you not understand?

"I would do everything possible to make it required that people had to wear masks in public".

Everything possible is a pretty scary proposition.

Imagine if Trump had said "I would do everything possible to make it required" on ANYTHING.

Says the moron who was screaming hysterically for Trump to "lockdown" the entire nation, only to watch him attempt to do so for 3 states and then have their Democratic Governors revolt and threaten to sue the government for asserting rights the Federal Government does not have.

Only to watch you then continue screaming hysterically for a "national lockdown"
Why did the bell curve of COVID-19 infections for all the other Western nations of the world decline over the past two months while ours have gone back up?

Earth to DAiello18: We're in the midst of a pandemic!!!! People need to all work together to stop it's spread!!!! People who refuse to cooperate are a risk to themselves AND to others they come into contact with.

!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my !!!!!!!!!!!! I !!!!!!! Didn’t !!!!!!!!! know!!!!!!!!!!

I’m just asking simply if your plan on public shaming and then Johnny Law applies to everything. Cause I remember a certain DUI Guy who you defended because he was a risk to himself and others

Reactions: Crazyhole
Why did the bell curve of COVID-19 infections for all the other Western nations of the world decline over the past two months while ours have gone back up?

Holy shit, it's like you literally cannot read and just respond with any random thought that pops into your head.

Good point. Since we are in the middle of a pandemic, and the virus can spread both by being too close to someone else and also by touching an envelope that someone else may touch, we probably should cancel the elections.

well all those protesters who were knowingly breaking curfew without masks should be in jail then correct? They didn’t wear a mask and they should be publicly shamed

Imagine if Trump had said "I would do everything possible to make it required" on ANYTHING.
Yeah, that would have been so much scarier than the Alpha maskless approach that Trump has taken. I probably would have complained about Biden's 'authoritarian rulings' to a buddy as we waited for the kickoff to the college football season.

Yeah, that would have been so much scarier than the Alpha maskless approach that Trump has taken. I probably would have complained about Biden's 'authoritarian rulings' to a buddy as we waited for the kickoff to the college football season.
The only thing that will keep college football from having a season this year is the kind of irrational, politically based fear that you espouse. People like that are glad to sacrifice the things they love for political ideology.

The only thing that will keep college football from having a season this year is the kind of irrational, politically based fear that you espouse. People like that are glad to sacrifice the things they love for political ideology.
Funny thing, Crazy. Back in late April when Trump and the Republican Governors wanted to jump start the economy because "we can't succumb to irrational, politically based fear," health officials were saying that we don't set the agenda, the virus does.

Now tell me, two months later, has it been our "irrational, politically-based fear" that has kept us from dropping our infection numbers to the levels of all the other Western nations?

Holy shit you guys are arguing in circles. JFC. Neither of those two idiots could stop this. Because the people don’t want to stop It. Biden and Trump could stand hand in hand saying please wear a mask and some dumb ass people will still refuse. Just wear the mask and let natural selection take out the stupid ones.

Funny thing, Crazy. Back in late April when Trump and the Republican Governors wanted to jump start the economy because "we can't succumb to irrational, politically based fear," health officials were saying that we don't set the agenda, the virus does.

Now tell me, two months later, has it been our "irrational, politically-based fear" that has kept us from dropping our infection numbers to the levels of all the other Western nations?

We don't set the agenda, the virus does.

But somehow Biden is going to control it with authoritarian dictates?

So we have the ability to control the virus? That seems counterintuitive to what you just said.
We don't have the 'miracle cure' yet but YES, we have the ability to limit the virus spread.

Countries that have implemented corona virus protocols, face masks, and safe distancing have seen their numbers decline dramatically over the past two months.

Apparently this is news to you, but when a country/state/city faces a crisis (i.e. hurricanes, floods, bad water, pandemic, etc.), government has been known to step in, in an effort to lower the casualties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT