ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 or ACC?

MisterDaddy

Two-Star Recruit
Nov 27, 2017
Which conference would y'all prefer to be in and why?

Personally I'd love to see UCF in the Big12. Having a high-powered offense would make it the perfect fit, and would add much needed excitement now that Baylor is back in the dumps and that KState/TTech are about as entertaining as talking to a bag of frozen vegetables. Something about a Florida team in the Big12 seems wrong, but I think the ACC is kinda the All Clemson Conference at the moment.

ACC, makes more sense logistically, competition is more relevant too. could spark FSU rivalry eventually. Big 12 we have no natural rivals, or travel partners etc. Plus i think the growth curve would be less. Think we would better suit playing and beating Wake Forest etc than trying to come in and play TCU and be in a shoot out every week. Obviously Clemson and FSU would be tough tough ones but i think the bottom half of the league is very forgiving.

In a perfect world, they would just replace University 6 with UCF in the ACC.

The XII makes more sense, but I don't place a lot of faith in the clowns who make the decisions.

Geographically, the ACC makes more sense; plus, the change in conference name wouldn't be so abrupt AAC to ACC. Maybe the 2 should join and rename it ABC?????

However, makes more sense to try for the B12. Tried to explain the following scenario to a Nobraskan on another thread and he went ballistic:

- Expand by 4 teams (UCF, USF, Memphis, Cincinnati);

- Have 2 divisions (East and West):

EAST
West Virginia
UCF
USF
Memphis
Cincinnati
Kansas
Kansas State

- Would add 4 large TV markets (Orlando, Tampa, Cincinnati, Memphis)

- Also, as I tried to explain to the Nobraska troglodyte in aforementioned thread, Tampa/Orlando are both about 900 miles away from WVU and Cincinnati; Nobraska in the meantime is 1200 miles away from the eastermost school in B10 (UMD).

Reactions: UCFWayne
Orlando to Austin is just under 3 hour flight, to West Viriginia its right around 2 hours. Its 3 hrs to Oklahoma.

Sure it doesnt beat a one hour trip to Atlanta or a 90 minute trip to Durham or Charlotte but its not much longer.

It’s the Atlantic Coast Conference, and UCF is 50 miles from the Atlantic Coast... no-brainer.

Big 12 but to be honest our best shot at New Years 6 bowls is in the AAC. Look at some teams that left the big east never to make it to a New Years 6 bowl ever again (wvu being one). Heck Miami is finally back since leaving that league.

Big 12 but to be honest our best shot at New Years 6 bowls is in the AAC. Look at some teams that left the big east never to make it to a New Years 6 bowl ever again (wvu being one). Heck Miami is finally back since leaving that league.

That's the annoying part about all these snobbish P5 schools. 80% (maybe more) of them stand no chance to sniffing the current playoffs (or a NC). Most of them are, really, cannon fodder/floor mats/pushovers for a handful of elite schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteandSlatonWVU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT