ADVERTISEMENT

Boise game

I assume Thursday as well. Nothing reported officially yet. Probably won’t be announced for a couple more week.

Just speculating based on what’s been announced with the P5 games. We have one of the view nationally interesting opening games even if it’s G5 vs G5.

I’m glad they’re also going through a coaching change. Would be a lot more concerned otherwise. Boise always finds a way to be very competitive.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Florida will be back to 100% by than. A lot of places already are. In June the vaccine will be available to everyone. Also schools in Brevard have announced no more e-learning and back 100%. Will be full tilt.

Reactions: Yung knight
Florida will be back to 100% by than. A lot of places already are. In June the vaccine will be available to everyone. Also schools in Brevard have announced no more e-learning and back 100%. Will be full tilt.
Palm Beach County said everyone reports to brick and mortar as well.

Florida won’t be locked down... DeSantis had made it abundantly clear he won’t support it.
Most teams UCF plays aren’t from Florida. Our traveling opponents won’t care what restrictions Ron DeSantis or Florida does or does not have in place when deciding what travel and play restrictions they will have in place for their teams and universities.

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
Most teams UCF plays aren’t from Florida. Our traveling opponents won’t care what restrictions Ron DeSantis or Florida does or does not have in place when deciding what travel and play restrictions they will have in place for their teams and universities.
Are you suggesting Boise will forfeit?

I’ll be very interested to see how universities in general handle visitors to campus. Florida imo will have some of the least restrictive policies at the public schools. I would expect any public university would face issues going against that given the governor’s agenda so far.

The university I work still has a prohibition of having guests on campus. You need to be currently enrolled, an employee, or making a delivery. Enforcement isn’t realistic but that’s the public policy. The vaccine is definitely impacting policies (less restrictions/testing) and we expect fall to be close to normal operations.

Are you suggesting Boise will forfeit?
It’s certainly possible. What the 2021 college football season looks like in-terms of canceled games, stadium capacities, and crowd sizes will depend on the country reaching a safety threshold that can only be invoked with herd immunity. We won’t reach that until we get to about a 70%-80% COVID-19 vaccination prevalence. That’s why it’s essential to educate the public, dispel myths, and encourage everyone to get vaccinated ASAP. The sooner we reach herd immunity, the sooner we can get back to a sense of normalcy.

Reactions: Vike Knight
We had all travel opponents in conference last year plus Bowl game without cancellation. Why would it be different in 4 months from now? Some of our opponents are in Texas. More open than Florida. Wouldn’t stop us from traveling to them. Hasn’t in any sport.

Reactions: Knight_Light
It’s certainly possible. What the 2021 college football season looks like in-terms of canceled games, stadium capacities, and crowd sizes will depend on the country reaching a safety threshold that can only be invoked with herd immunity. We won’t reach that until we get to about a 70%-80% COVID-19 vaccination prevalence. That’s why it’s essential to educate the public, dispel myths, and encourage everyone to get vaccinated ASAP. The sooner we reach herd immunity, the sooner we can get back to a sense of normalcy.
The Texas rangers (MLB) are packing in 40K pergame.

CFB might look alot like last season, some cancelled games. Limited travel. I think Boise is too proud to use covid as an excuse to duck us.

Here's a good article from the Dallas Morning News this morning....they're predicting reaching herd immunity there in June by taking into account both vaccinations and those that have been infected and recovered https://www.dallasnews.com/news/202...-19-for-dallas-county-to-reach-herd-immunity/

June 1st most of the country will be open

Better tell Orange County Mayor Demmings. He just said masks manadate will be here here until mid summer. In fact he moved the goal posts - he is now saying his "rulings" are based upon # of people vaccinated in Orange County, prior he only talked about his decisions were based on # of cases. If he hate his "power of people" better hope Desantis at some point says maskless and no social distance rules for the entire State and his mandate overrules any city or county stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: Knight_Light
I would be way more worried about Boise on the field than the COVID hazard total bs.

They are always legit with big time athletes and coaching. Even the P5 guys are wary playing those guys any time.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I am certainly not disputing anything you said with regards to reaching herd immunity but one thing you are off base about is that crowd sizes will depend reaching it. It will not be a requirement for large crowds.............

fz8rDi.png

Reactions: RunawayKnight
Lol. The lifetime COVID idiots still exist here and there. The summer sunshine will smoke them out.

Here's a good article from the Dallas Morning News this morning....they're predicting reaching herd immunity there in June by taking into account both vaccinations and those that have been infected and recovered https://www.dallasnews.com/news/202...-19-for-dallas-county-to-reach-herd-immunity/
There has already been widespread attack by the scientific community on any assertion Texas is going to reach herd immunity based on adding of vaccinated and prior-infected individuals. The flaw in this thinking is astronomical, starting with the fact that the immunogenicity provided by acute COVID-19 infection isn’t even close to being the same amount provided by vaccinations. People need to get their head out of the clouds and realize that denying this pandemic, or believing they will be protected by the actions of those willing to get vaccinated or who have already been infected, isn’t going to get us back to normal. The only path back to normalcy is through widespread vaccination of about 80% of the population. That’s the fact.

Last edited:
I am certainly not disputing anything you said with regards to reaching herd immunity but one thing you are off base about is that crowd sizes will depend reaching it. It will not be a requirement for large crowds.............

fz8rDi.png
I disagree with you. If you believe that universities are going to put their fan bases, athletes, and students at risk, particularly given the extreme litigious society we live in, for the sake of at-capacity stadiums, you’re wrong. It is misguided and myopic to believe the majority of the United States holds the same mentality towards this pandemic as Florida, Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi. There is only one realistic path to get to at-capacity stadiums and arenas for sporting events, concerts, etc. That path is through herd immunity. And we can only get to herd immunity when about 80% of the population is vaccinated. What’s the take away point? Get vaccinated!

Last edited:
There has already been widespread attack by the scientific community on any assertion Texas is going to reach herd immunity based on adding of vaccinated and prior-infected individuals. The flaw in this thinking is astronomical, starting with the fact that the immunogenicity provided by acute COVID-19 infection isn’t even close to being the same amount provided by vaccinations. People need to get their head out of the clouds and realize that denying this pandemic, or believing they will be protected by the actions of those willing to get vaccinated or who have already been infected, isn’t going to get us back to normal. The only path back to normalcy is through widespread vaccination of about 80% of the population. That’s the fact.
I agree that 80% widespread vaccination would probably do the trick and we're headed that way...but to claim that prior infected and recovered individuals don't factor into this tells me that you have your head in the sand. Does your "scientific community" know better than the President and CEO of the Parkland Center for Clinical Innovation in Dallas? Or Dr. Marty Makary the Johns Hopkins health policy expert who I just heard say the same thing. You, of all people, should admit that you don't know the correct answer on this topic. Everybody's entitled to an opinion....I choose to believe the expert from this article and Dr. Makary so soon we'll see who's right....in the meantime, everybody who medically can should get vaccinated (taking into account the new warning that JNJ will have to attach to theirs).

We are never getting back to "normal". Too many will not take the risk of vaccination side effects over the risk of getting covid.

There is a hard sell to 20-30% of people. They see a 99.99% survivable virus that is not very contagious. How to convnce them to take an experimental medicine from a government they already dispise and do not trust?

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
We are never getting back to "normal". Too many will not take the risk of vaccination side effects over the risk of getting covid.

There is a hard sell to 20-30% of people. They see a 99.99% survivable virus that is not very contagious. How to convnce them to take an experimental medicine from a government they already dispise and do not trust?
And I would like to add to say that the 20-30% don't understand that if they are in the 99.99% and show no symptoms, they can pass it on to someone in the .01% that may die from it.

I'm convinced we will never be back to what was "normal" pre-covid. We are in the new normal right now. I hope I am proven wrong.

So when will the Boise game be?

And I would like to add to say that the 20-30% don't understand that if they are in the 99.99% and show no symptoms, they can pass it on to someone in the .01% that may die from it.

I'm convinced we will never be back to what was "normal" pre-covid. We are in the new normal right now. I hope I am proven wrong.

So when will the Boise game be?
Just had the same conversation with a friend who was adamant about not taking it and how he doesn’t need it, he lives a healthy life, blah blah blah. I explained that he at least should do it for his family and friends, co-workers, other people he would interact with day to day. Also, if you want to travel, probably going to need it. It’s selfish and ignorant, anti-vaxers are scumbags. Amazing all the ppl out there not trusting science.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT