ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl

You couldn't do it the last two years against the worst teams in USF history. What makes you think you can do it in a bowl game with a month to prepare?

I can see it now, we're gonna bring in Timmy to give you guys the final sendoff, 72-0. And we'll steal your two best ballers for lions share of the victory. We're not coming just to give you a beat down, we're coming to rape your women and eat your children. Can't wait to see who Timmy's going to snag 🖕😜

UCF vs. South Florida

John E. Moore III/Getty Images
McMurphy and Schlabach each project that the "War on I-4" will be renewed in the Gasparilla Bowl.

The UCF Knights ended their rivalry with the South Florida Bulls when they moved from the AAC to Big 12 before this season.

The two sides have the potential to meet in Tampa in one of the more fascinating potential bowl matchups.

Casual college football fans may pass over this matchup if it is finalized, but it could produce some of the most heated play in a two-week span dominated by opt-outs, transfers and coaching changes.

UCF won the last six meetings with USF. The Knights scored at least 34 points in five of those wins. Three of those matchups featured over 75 points.

Both programs enter Week 13 at 5-6. USF plays the Charlotte 49ers, while UCF takes on the Houston Cougars.

Each team has a good chance to win its respective games to become bowl eligible, but even if they lose a matchup is possible because there may not be enough six-win teams to fill all the bowl spots.

NOOOOOO......we just got rid of the peeing turds.....maybe in 10 years, NOT NOW

Reactions: Robert0122 and Yaes

Camellia Bowl Prediction​

For my Camellia Bowl prediction, I project Georgia State will play UCF with Georgia State winning.

UCF is 5-6 with one game against Houston left on its regular season schedule. But even if UCF wins that contest, I believe Georgia State is the better team. Panthers quarterback Darren Grainger would thrive in this matchup.

Teams likely to play in the Camellia Bowl:

• UCF
  • Bowling Green
  • Ohio
  • Georgia State
  • Old Dominion
LOL....why would they think ga st would beat us.....damn that is funny, a 6-6 G5 team

You couldn't do it the last two years against the worst teams in USF history. What makes you think you can do it in a bowl game with a month to prepare?
Just took JRP sitting out before halftime and like 5 turnovers. but it also proves my point that it is more of a one sided hate, you guys kept playing hard while ours thought it was over before halftime

LOL, what a moron......we have beaten the slimey bull turds like 10 times in a row now. Too funny that a 6-6 CUSA level team wants a chance......go play a sunbelt team at the kids table.

Reactions: KnightNite
I can see it now, we're gonna bring in Timmy to give you guys the final sendoff, 72-0. And we'll steal your two best ballers for lions share of the victory. We're not coming just to give you a beat down, we're coming to rape your women and eat your children. Can't wait to see who Timmy's going to snag 🖕😜
I look forward to watching him come up short yet again on your final drive of the game as he misses the spot again on 4th and 7 by diving for 6 yards as we win by 10. You got a good backup but he's not a starter.

Just took JRP sitting out before halftime and like 5 turnovers. but it also proves my point that it is more of a one sided hate, you guys kept playing hard while ours thought it was over before halftime
It's a rivalry you wanted until this year. You thought we were going to simply roll over so you could go back to Orlando with a blowout win?

LOL, what a moron......we have beaten the slimey bull turds like 10 times in a row now. Too funny that a 6-6 CUSA level team wants a chance......go play a sunbelt team at the kids table.
It's been a few years since we won, and I'll give you credit for pulling it out when it mattered, but it will be ESPN trying to roll up that match up. If your administration doesn't want it...they can simply decline the invitation. Otherwise we can enjoy the game as byrum brown carves your defense up again like Christmas dinner.

I look forward to watching him come up short yet again on your final drive of the game as he misses the spot again on 4th and 7 by diving for 6 yards as we win by 10. You got a good backup but he's not a starter.

It's a rivalry you wanted until this year. You thought we were going to simply roll over so you could go back to Orlando with a blowout win?

It's been a few years since we won, and I'll give you credit for pulling it out when it mattered, but it will be ESPN trying to roll up that match up. If your administration doesn't want it...they can simply decline the invitation. Otherwise we can enjoy the game as byrum brown carves your defense up again like Christmas dinner.
The myopia around the usif program is both real and hilarious.

Granted Brown is a talent, who will transfer out this off season for a P5 team (already the rumors are out there).....but the rest of the team is garbage. You were 6-6 with some bad G5 losses, and nowhere near competing in a watered down conference. Just go find a beatable sunbelt team. usif vs marsha would be a winnable game.

And NOBODY wanted that rivalry, you just Genshafted yourselves into it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I don't want the Gasparilla....again unless it's against duh U. With that said, if that happens and it's against duh bulls , you can count on Knight Nation showing up to our second home stadium in force. It will be like a home game for us . Let's hope for a Texas destination just to go somewhere new .

Don’t worry Lex. UCF will be playing it rival USF in the Gasparilla.
Okay Massengill. Let’s crimp off your douche nozzle for just a second—If that game is played, it will have 3-4x the amount of fans in attendance than whatever mid-level bowl game Miami plays in with a team that had just one more win than UCF with one of the strongest recruiting classes in the country! lol

Funny thing—I still won’t care because I didn’t attend the University of Miami and could care less about it or any of its athletics teams. That’s how it is for people who actually attend and graduate from a university and like to discuss their university’s athletics on its athletics fan page. I know, you’re scratching your head right now… Go ahead and uncrimp your douche nozzle now. We all know you will…

Mayo Bowl (Dec. 27): Miami vs. UCF

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

Reactions: Collinsco
Gasparilla Bowl: UCF vs. James Madison

I guess it could happen if the NCAA reverses another of its decisions.
Joey Knight has practically been begging for this matchup for 6 weeks. guess TBT is bored

but enough of Gasparilla vs USF, JMU, or anyone else . one of the supposed perks of the Big12 move was bowl tie ins only to potentially end up in the same AAC Bowl. A 7th win would have helped

Edit: quoted the wrong article. Knight’s 1 & 3 in the 2nd half of the article is what I have been saying. It also in the interest of the Big12 to give UCF a P5 opponent

Last edited:
UM or USF is my pick. Yes, these types of in-state opponents would provide the most excitement for us as a fanbase, whether you'd like to admit it or not. The games would get a huge crowd, great TV audience and would be competitive.

Playing Wisconsin or Syracuse would be nice, but wouldn't get the blood pumping like USF or UM would.

UM or USF is my pick. Yes, these types of in-state opponents would provide the most excitement for us as a fanbase, whether you'd like to admit it or not. The games would get a huge crowd, great TV audience and would be competitive.

Playing Wisconsin or Syracuse would be nice, but wouldn't get the blood pumping like USF or UM would.
Will love to hear the excuses when UCF undresses the u.

Reactions: U C to the F
The 15 different bowls and opponents seems like what writers do when we need a coach. List 25 different names over a week and then say , see I told you.

Reactions: OtterKnight
Agreed, the bowl projections are stupid. Just wait until Sunday when they make the decision when and where. Fawning over a bowl game is like recruiting. ---> wait until the ink is dry <--- then bitch and complain about the line up. You know we are not going to get a good bowl matchup regardless. We are bottom feeder Big12 team. Hopefully, it will be within driving distance and not on the other side of the country. Go Knights!

Agreed, the bowl projections are stupid. Just wait until Sunday when they make the decision when and where. Fawning over a bowl game is like recruiting. ---> wait until the ink is dry <--- then bitch and complain about the line up. You know we are not going to get a good bowl matchup regardless. We are bottom feeder Big12 team. Hopefully, it will be within driving distance and not on the other side of the country. Go Knights!
Gasparilla Bowl: UCF vs. Syracuse

Bianchi the Carnival Clown Barker...

Here’s hoping UCF isn’t ducking USF in a bowl game | Commentary​

Story by Mike Bianchi, Orlando Sentinel • 14h

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT