ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl

Miami vs Rutgers in the Pinstripe Bowl on December 28 ($4.4M payout). LFG!!!

I wonder what the Miami attendance for that bowl will look like...

11198998_web1_11198998-3499552dbc894581aeca468b7c899b62.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Bleacher Report:

Friday, Dec. 22
Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl
UCF vs. Duke
Raymond James Stadium, Tampa (6:30 p.m. on ESPN)

Saturday, Dec. 23
Birmingham Bowl
Georgia Tech vs. Troy
Protective Stadium, Birmingham, Alabama (Noon on ABC)

NCAA:

FRIDAY, DEC. 22​

Gasparilla Bowl
Georgia Tech vs. UCF
Tampa, Florida
6:30 p.m. | ESPN

SATURDAY, DEC. 23​

Birmingham Bowl
Troy vs. Duke
Birmingham, Alabama
12 p.m. | ABC

Must have been some last minute bickering. Some of the Duke staff is from Alabama. UCF probably didn't want to play Duke again anyway. Georgia Tech will be a much tougher matchup than Duke.

Duke will get its teeth kicked in by the men of Troy.

For me this is bittersweet. I would have DEFINITELY went to bammerham to watch UCF. But I don't care to go to Raymond James Stadium.
Done going to the Ghetto Bowl. Been several times + regular season . I hate that stadium and bowl . Wow. Let's go to Tampa! I know, a bowl game is great, but our AD and now our new conference have to work to get us into better bowls. Enough. I will say I'm glad it's GT. Good team, great traditions. But we absolutely have to aspire, as a university, to Aim for the Stars and quit being satisfied with this POS bowl! (Please note, I'm in no way dissing GT: it's the bowl itself). Our seniors deserve better. No, we didn't have a stellar year but enough with this bowl!!!! It's becoming a consolation prize.

I agree, I would have liked to travel somewhere else and was a little disappointed. But then when I saw that Miami is playing Rutgers on a Thursday, in a baseball stadium located in a trash city, in 30 degree weather, in front of 5K ( just under their normal attendance in their rented stadium), I feel I can’t complain.

Done going to the Ghetto Bowl. Been several times + regular season . I hate that stadium and bowl . Wow. Let's go to Tampa! I know, a bowl game is great, but our AD and now our new conference have to work to get us into better bowls. Enough. I will say I'm glad it's GT. Good team, great traditions. But we absolutely have to aspire, as a university, to Aim for the Stars and quit being satisfied with this POS bowl! (Please note, I'm in no way dissing GT: it's the bowl itself). Our seniors deserve better. No, we didn't have a stellar year but enough with this bowl!!!! It's becoming a consolation prize.
A 6-6 team should be happy for the extra practice time. I doubt a lot of fans are going to travel far to see a .500 team vs a mid level ACC team. It’s basically a scrimmage surrounded by strip clubs. There are a lot of post season scrimmages in worse places.

A 6-6 team should be happy for the extra practice time. I doubt a lot of fans are going to travel far to see a .500 team vs a mid level ACC team. It’s basically a scrimmage surrounded by strip clubs. There are a lot of post season scrimmages in worse places.
Totally agree on the extra practice time, especially as a 6-6 team. I'm only venting my frustration as far as going to that damn same bowl!!! I'm proud of our team making a bowl after a difficult transition to a Power 5 conference. Glad to be playing GT, just wish it was anywhere but there.

Totally agree on the extra practice time, especially as a 6-6 team. I'm only venting my frustration as far as going to that damn same bowl!!! I'm proud of our team making a bowl after a difficult transition to a Power 5 conference. Glad to be playing GT, just wish it was anywhere but there.
Gus need to start winning more games so we have more Bowl flexibility or even better let’s become a Playoff quality Program

I agree.... no diss toward GT, but I was really hoping for something different. Just to see and experience something new.

UCF is 6-6. Where do you think the team was going bowling at?

I get it. It’s a bad bowl at a bad location, at least for Florida folks. GT people might like the local.

I still think small 2-6 team tournaments should be the way post season goes. If “playoffs” can do it, why can’t other teams. Orlando can host the camping world citrus bowl for a cure cup. At least there would be a point to the post season.

Dude, we're 6-6, we barely snuck into getting a bowl at all, yeah of course our bowl isn't great.

I think this is the best situation we could manage given our record. With Brent Key as Coach, I am pretty sure they will rely heavily on the run game. GOL taught him that.

I'm just happy we aren't playing on a Wednesday afternoon at 1PM and you have to fly there and back before Christmas.

I think this is the best situation we could manage given our record. With Brent Key as Coach, I am pretty sure they will rely heavily on the run game. GOL taught him that.

I'm just happy we aren't playing on a Wednesday afternoon at 1PM and you have to fly there and back before Christmas.
If Harvey, Plumlee, and Baker don’t play we are screwed.

If Harvey, Plumlee, and Baker don’t play we are screwed.
Pretty sure Plumlee is playing based on his social media posts. The other guys won’t be I don’t think. He’ll be throwing to guys like Townsend and Amari Johnson, and handing it off to MA Richards and Bowman. Maybe Johnny Richardson plays

given how crappy the weather is on most of the east coast and Deep South during Bowl Season Tampa is a good bowl destination. The issue is when you include when this bowl was at the Rays dome UCF has been in over 40% of this Bowl’s existence. Also pre Christmas Bowls are much more inconvenient for fans w families. So I get the fatigue

given how crappy the weather is on most of the east coast and Deep South during Bowl Season Tampa is a good bowl destination. The issue is when you include when this bowl was at the Rays dome UCF has been in over 40% of this Bowl’s existence. Also pre Christmas Bowls are much more inconvenient for fans w families. So I get the fatigue
Gasparilla payout $1.15M. Pinstripe Bowl payout $4.4M.

“You can't spell Citrus without U-T.”
Classic Spurrier line.

Funny enough, UCF isn’t in Gasparilla Bowl, but you’d think the same about us. Those Gasparilla bowl committee loves them some UCF. It’s really the best we could have hoped for, easy travel, good weather and former P5 recently re-classified G6 opponent…

Miami isn't getting more money for going to this bowl. The tie in to the ACC was always going to have it split.

What Miami won't be getting is any of that CFP money.

Enjoy Rutgers in the cold while everyone is at work. LOL.
Lobo will be watching on his Moms TV in kitchen. He works the register at night. He won’t be working until 5:30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT