ADVERTISEMENT

Brighthouse Video Boards - Pics?

The old scoreboard is starting to come down.

20160805_0811281.jpg

Reactions: Knight_Light

20160805_0811281.jpg

Probably won't see a similar small sign that read "brighthouse stadium" in the future...since Charter ("Spectrum" is the name of the cable system) will be taking over.

I wish UCF would do something similar to what others have done with the back of their scoreboards:

ELZVRKZEEASLQPH.20080415195229.jpg

LANE_STADIUM_HOKIES.JPG

STADIUM-FANS-thumb-590x392-87127.jpg

I like what Minnesota did by giving sponsor a tag up top but the main image is their school logo:

tcf2.jpg

Last edited:
So in 30 days they will take down old one, put up new one, wire it up and test it?

That's the plan...as Daktronics has done this 1,000 plus times...so at least they know what they are doing.

I'm sure by the last home game of the season...the board ops will use a lot more "tricks" vs what they will be able to do in Game 1.

Photos from last night...Going.....going......

VZedMPiiOuuU-IOdGqQoIHHz2GNPzWAPKe1al3L5I3s0KxVTdWLllc8-o7AWsA-YDpPhZhm7Brfu_JZ_kSRVA2n1x17u_G8AN3itjdM-zVkxzFXg5BL98kfhkkIHWCroDzypSC0cwlsvy06in51f5nw8B3sJxXrJ1lg2BnU5wT9Jgf5NxHZqnNnAg1tA0KHFdgqM_9N8fZwfvPYd30Bge6hjncVDhatrc_DLcWPpBFxyO_jg1w-ltbDOET4JZAQmRKqzxJ-P3zNu0805xc2I1gwy7omZkCIViDsaB85NLKyXgKXUM24d2KcEF0TgbZysC377MtWkqbLo81d6KVQRtXtATeCJ7D5iRZri1c-idyFAkNS-L6qBVV_aTwmIVTdWHDczK7XgBJaGw2ULpbEagMhemEPrzCtXNB6gkNk5BSMpcYwVIgFqPcBl0UnhbhUUDgGJayyMinrf-epxkCrHhB-osbErkpPM7fcmz3yrhjZ721zfVV1VaMx5VH9xe1VoUjUg_4GiKc4prfwrB8TBtiWoQfAfhohljlNqqJ4QUTa6H89HY3UK21g-YN_1SRAICj54rHR8mLg9qGIfPZZ5oodkyAG4SRWI=w892-h643-no

B8kOzrQbp4w-glItenr5IIjSW3qw1Rm0LRLMlraIulww91ad26SyQx68LG5VKIgH0x3X8srM_hKf-GCSAPAM70tUeZe6JbCVqLJd_NsKJNDLc9itfGt7SZ72HYUM3pZzunXhC7l_XUwpqSqhjVdYMpskC59ckYFShLVq2SbLTFQ4tYOhhQxbs35V3gDpCQaCHjMrhe-7QveeDB8SOALK6Df_y3BioGEwNfYyqLhCvpLY2IeAbXg1chZCxaJA0jfxeTsB39rL5_P7a4DushaYZxU4PHHAKTes-2LsVa7XUh4sGD-YpyJLBKrKBP6U-y3nYnTPjnJgP-ACx8ePcFSeI2AC_BsdQ1WS1n1DcmwJ_vwn5rsdlYFeKSKbYGXn9No74Natf22DuucIs-HGs_4hF_zx99XtM6ld-Yz1ijjfRTjjzmiFl9JGfMMuYjLVsUIRjOt83JB_mWPmhkDf5YeXlPuX_Ps3gppmHGsDz4WOfA9PbYqwJaStIjO1ZzS7fH6LdF7wRCozxjudlMOS8QXSg6GJu2xykDBJNYtcHvNv9aZOOHP9rCLGeHsJIIGekPAI-hL8SJElskmyClXMDmTLbv-AAsL1HRrr=w1016-h643-no

Side Note: Burger U next to the Stadium has $2 Pints All Day, Every Day on Bud Draft (sometimes even hard to find these days) and Yuengling.

The screen does not look as large as I envisioned. Is it going to reach the outer poles? Any word /pics of the ribbon?

Last edited:
I really hate that we have a tiki bar instead of really decking the place out in something more apropos for a Knight.

How we don't have a draw bridge that comes down before Knightro rides out through the fog with the team behind him is beyond me.

I really hate that we have a tiki bar instead of really decking the place out in something more apropos for a Knight.

How we don't have a draw bridge that comes down before Knightro rides out through the fog with the team behind him is beyond me.

Yeah I wished we went with a medieval theme/castle in that tiki area, but the regular chairbacks look great. Wish we could bring regular seating around the stadium.

Need fireworks but the NIMBYs would go nuts.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
UCF Fans at Fanfest last night got a great up close view of the new board going up. The giant new control room is already in place as that new board will be able to do hundreds of things (multiple split screen, full screen, ads, stats, etc...).

UCF still hopes they can install the new 199 ft long, 7 ft high ribbon video board in the South End Zone during the season but my guess it won't happen till off season so they can have weeks and months the in a row to leave cranes in place for installation.

Once that is in place, BHNS will be even better... plus, it's cool to have annual improvements.

2015: Cabana Club
2016: North End Zone Video Board
2017: South End Zone Video Ribbon Board (Plus name change to Charter/Spectrum Stadium)

Reactions: HammerB08
Now we'll be able to get people to look up from their handheld devices. The fast pace and exciting offense is going to make going to game a whole new experience. And the bling of the boards will add still more. Welcome to the 21st Century BHS fans.

There was talk of a better sound system.. Any update on this?

A UCF Athletics employee (UCF_Video) is active in the Dungeon. The new sound system will be like the one that Auburn installed in their stadium last year. I am not a technical person, but the speakers will be on each side of the new video board and they will be "directional arrays" or something like that.

Quote from UCF_Video in the Dungeon...
"The technology we are implementing are JBL Vertical Line Arrays...This is a much more directional configuration with great control."

That's all you get. If you want more...join the Dungeon! [cheers]

Do they stop at some point and roll with half a board? There's still a lot of testing left to do as well

At least the steel framing appears to be done. They should be able to get the panels completed by Saturday. Testing Saturday afternoon.

At least the steel framing appears to be done. They should be able to get the panels completed by Saturday. Testing Saturday afternoon.

they better be able to work in the rain (and maybe the wind as well)....never good to leave this kind of work for the last minute when it's the peak of hurricane season in FL

Good luck to those dudes with all the tropical storm rain we're expecting this week.

We just had one of the driest summers for East Orlando...so UCF has been fortunate that workers have been on job for days/weeks in a row.

But today, lots of on/off rain...same predicted for much of the week...not sure how much time they will finally lose this week.

As of yesterday, they expect to install the remaining video panels (one more row of panels on top and one more column of panels on each side) on Tuesday or Wednesday and also finish speaker installation on Wednesday afternoon. Were hoping to be ready for testing by Wednesday afternoon, but with rain that may be moved to Thursday.

Storm is still projected to move farther west until Tuesday afternoon, so with any luck Tuesday will be a little less rain and they can get most of the work done.

Nothing like wiring expensive equipment in tropical storm conditions! Frost needs to lend the Rise and Conquer message over to the install crew.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Guess the install crew doesn't have things like TV's, radios, cell phones or newspapers to forecast weather. A shame we live in a society where you can't get up-to-the-minute information.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT