ADVERTISEMENT

Burger King is getting sued

KNIGHTTIME^

Golden Knight
Nov 27, 2005
Because they are cooking plant based hamburgers off the same grill as real beef hamburgers.

New disclaimer coming I'm pretty sure. I don't think the sales are large enough yet to purchase separate grills for those plant based hamburgers.

Reactions: UCFWayne
This is exactly why my wife said this item at BK was stupid. She gets the Impossible Burger from local places that have dedicated grill space for them. It was 100% guaranteed that the IB would be cooked on a grill that had just cooked up meat at BK. Not to mention they never claimed this was a vegan burger; there's mayo on it...……

This is exactly why my wife said this item at BK was stupid. She gets the Impossible Burger from local places that have dedicated grill space for them. It was 100% guaranteed that the IB would be cooked on a grill that had just cooked up meat at BK. Not to mention they never claimed this was a vegan burger; there's mayo on it...……
Take away the grease from the real meat and it’s gonna taste like crap...

Having separate cooking spaces due to allergens (even a meat allergy) makes sense. Having them for vegans or vegetarians doesn’t. If you’re so philosophically opposed to meat products, why are you giving your money to a business that sells meat products at all?

If you’re so philosophically opposed to meat products, why are you giving your money to a business that sells meat products at all?
Wow, ALL restaurants and fast-food places??!?

There's not many vegan-only restaurants around.

Correct, they never marketed the Impossible Whopper as vegan, only as "plant-based". They've had a disclaimer on their website that it was prepared in the same broiler as their normal beef products, and that an alternative preparation was available (ie microwave) for those customers who did not want theirs in contact with animal products. This lawsuit is going to fail pretty quickly I would think.

I also agree, I'm actually quite surprised at the flavor and texture of the Impossible products. I've never been a fan of veggie burgers, but these are pretty darn close to beef burgers. The science behind the "leghemoglobin" is pretty cool.

There's a girl that I vacation with that is a vegan and it's a hassle going out to eat with her.

Last edited:
Correct, they never marketed the Impossible Whopper as vegan, only as "plant-based". They've had a disclaimer on their website that it was prepared in the same broiler as their normal beef products, and that an alternative preparation was available (ie microwave) for those customers who did not want theirs in contact with animal products. This lawsuit is going to fail pretty quickly I would think.

I also agree, I'm actually quite surprised at the flavor and texture of the Impossible products. I've never been a fan of veggie burgers, but these are pretty darn close to beef burgers. The science behind the "leghemoglobin" is pretty cool.

We cook the Beyond Meat Italian hot "sausages" at home and honestly they're delicious. I don't miss real sausage at all.

There's a restaurant called Noble Crust in St Pete that now offers Impossible Meat sausage for pizzas and meatsauce pastas and it's incredible. You can't tell the difference IMO.

We cook the Beyond Meat Italian hot "sausages" at home and honestly they're delicious. I don't miss real sausage at all.

There's a restaurant called Noble Crust in St Pete that now offers Impossible Meat sausage for pizzas and meatsauce pastas and it's incredible. You can't tell the difference IMO.
Courtyard by Marriott has added Beyond Meat to it's Bistro menu as well. You can get a Beyond burger, beyond sausage flatbread, and maybe a breakfast item (can't remember).

Yeah. It's called living by your principles. Sometimes it takes a little sacrifice. I applaud those that do it, even if I don't agree with them.

Yeah. It's called living by your principles. Sometimes it takes a little sacrifice. I applaud those that do it, even if I don't agree with them.

It's pretty hard to find places that only serve vegan options. In my area there's one Thai place that does and a vegan Mediterranean place in downtown St Pete. Maybe a few other Thai or Vietnamese places sprinkled here and there.

Indian cuisine is great for vegetarians/vegans but they all have meat options too.

Not everyone who is vegan or vegetarian is against others eating meat, they just don't want to eat it themselves for various reasons.

I haven't tried these plant based burgers but supposedly you can't tell much of a difference.
And vaping was supposed to be the healthy option to smoking...

Give it time and we will find out that plant based meat will cause some health scare.

Nope, not at all. The Impossible Burger is a good tasting product. There's no need to mindlessly hate on something because it's different.

They debuted an item like this at Food and Wine at EPCOT last year. I am as carnivore as they come and I was surprised at how good it tasted. I've had the one at YardHouse on I-Drive and it's pretty good as well.

Now, don't get me wrong: I still prefer the taste of a beef version, but you definitely wouldn't spit one of these "burgers" out based on their flavor.

Reactions: UCFWayne
They debuted an item like this at Food and Wine at EPCOT last year. I am as carnivore as they come and I was surprised at how good it tasted. I've had the one at YardHouse on I-Drive and it's pretty good as well.

Now, don't get me wrong: I still prefer the taste of a beef version, but you definitely wouldn't spit one of these "burgers" out based on their flavor.
:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Did you guys hear that 4 Rivers has a beyond meat Burnt Ends. I might try one today.

I'm interested to see what vegans & vegetarians will do when lab grown meat becomes affordable enough for mass consumption.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I get the vegan and vegetarian lifestyle 100 percent . But lab grown meat I just can’t imagine eating it . The more natural the better

It's funny because after growing up and continuing to slaughter my own food from hunting I'm the exact opposite. Really disgusting quartering a wild hog and cutting out the backstrap, even though the resulting BBQ is pretty amazing after cooking it in a crock pot low and slow, I can never quite get the original picture of how it looked and how God awful it smelled out of the back of my mind when I'm eating it.

Lab grown meat would be a welcome change to me, none of the disgusting killing necessary.

It's funny because after growing up and continuing to slaughter my own food from hunting I'm the exact opposite. Really disgusting quartering a wild hog and cutting out the backstrap, even though the resulting BBQ is pretty amazing after cooking it in a crock pot low and slow, I can never quite get the original picture of how it looked and how God awful it smelled out of the back of my mind when I'm eating it.

Lab grown meat would be a welcome change to me, none of the disgusting killing necessary.
Well a wild hog is a lot smellier than most things . I raise my own pork at home but have it butchered by a local guy who vacuum seals everything . Still enjoy eating venison and fish with my family that came straight from the wild that I process myself . I will admit I’ve gotten softer about killing as I get older but it doesn’t bother me much when it’s done with respect to the animal and killed humanely

someone mentioned to me that the impossible whopper has more calories that the regular one. Doesn't sound like that can be true but I feel like it would defeat a lot of the purpose for the non-vegan/vegetarians.

someone mentioned to me that the impossible whopper has more calories that the regular one. Doesn't sound like that can be true but I feel like it would defeat a lot of the purpose for the non-vegan/vegetarians.

:joy::joy::joy:

God I love this board.

I saw that. I have no doubt that this fake BBQ will taste better than the other shit they peddle out as "meat" (scare quotes for effect).
I don’t hate them as much as you do but their regular burnt ends are pretty terrible and not actually what burnt ends are supposed to be.

I don’t hate them as much as you do but their regular burnt ends are pretty terrible and not actually what burnt ends are supposed to be.

I wouldn't say I hate them. I do think it's funny how the people who eat there think it's the best BBQ they've ever had and that their brisket is to die for. I've said this before on here: his first restaurant on Fairbanks was something special and the meat he produced was very good. But since he's expanded, his product is overcooked (probably cooks his brisket too fast) and not nearly as good. I refuse to eat at the one by UCF. Disgusting.

I'd rather go to Mission BBQ.

Reactions: ucflee
I wouldn't say I hate them. I do think it's funny how the people who eat there think it's the best BBQ they've ever had and that their brisket is to die for. I've said this before on here: his first restaurant on Fairbanks was something special and the meat he produced was very good. But since he's expanded, his product is overcooked (probably cooks his brisket too fast) and not nearly as good. I refuse to eat at the one by UCF. Disgusting.

I actually like 4 Rivers better than Mission. 4R has more attention to detail to their sides, Mission has way too many sauce options. The brisket is better at Mission and they give you bigger portions. Jesse's Rib shack on Colonial is probably the best IMO.

I actually like 4 Rivers better than Mission. 4R has more attention to detail to their sides, Mission has way too many sauce options. The brisket is better at Mission and they give you bigger portions. Jesse's Rib shack on Colonial is probably the best IMO.

4R does have good sides. But I don't go to a BBQ place to load up on sides.

I think they’re still living off that first store reputation. Brisket is super tricky and very reliant on the meat itself. Sourcing consistently good meat is hard and I don’t think they have a supply chain to handle the stores they have. So it’s wildly inconsistent. This is the reason the best Texas restaurants (Franklin’s, Mueller, etc.) aren’t franchising out.

Yep they're good! We got Better Byrd last night on Uber Eats and they now offer IB on any sandwich or bowl as the "meat option". It was incredible.

I had the 4R beyond meat Burnt Ends for lunch. Insanely good! Now it's 2 hours later and I don't feel sleepy, which is a plus.

Uhhhhhhh why would that matter? Do you think people eat vegan or vegetarian purely for caloric deficit purposes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT