ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Bye Willie

EIeblj7XkAEXc4H

We all need this.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Every Nole fan I talked to seemed pretty hot and horny for Kendall Briles. And to reunite Briles with D'Eriq King.

Every Nole fan I talked to seemed pretty hot and horny for Kendall Briles. And to reunite Briles with D'Eriq King.
do they feel this way knowing about what he may have been involved in at Baylor? Him in the Head Coach role is a PR disaster waiting to happen

FSU's AD ended any chance at Urban Meyer with his comments like a week ago

He refuses to hire him bc he used to be a Gator

Yeah, about that AD, I say fire him as well. I can think of excellent replacement that actually knows how to toy with media.

I’m with you. Is this guy joking? I’ve never been a fan of Taggert. I knew right when FSU hired him that he’d be no good there just like he was no good everywhere else he coached.
If you like a ceiling of 7-5 when sometimes 7-5 or better talent was basically in front of you, then he’s the guy for your team at a hefty price. Well.., maybe not worth so much anymore.

Yes, he did turn around Western Kentucky, but that made him a decent to good coach for Western Kentucky not necessarily a guy to coach FSU for millions or even at Oregon for that matter. Oregon was questionable gig #2

At USF, he had 2 bad seasons and then began to turn the program around with Mack and Flowers which were his recruits. USF probably never should have been THAT bad to begin with. Kind of like Frost in 2016. Questionable gig #1.

Willie basically hit paydirt in 2016 with a 10-2 USF team with 2 offensive studs

So.., what is he? A questionable good coach just like Frost, and possibly Heupel. He’s sold himself well, so props to him. He’s not the first and he won’t be the last. Choosing a coach, unfortunately, is still a crapshoot in the majority of cases

Willie, IMO won enough and sold himself enough to make a boatload of money. I was probably a little harsh, as he probably isn’t a bad coach, just not a very good or great coach which is what he was being paid to be

At FSU, he wasn’t given the immediate offensive line, QB talent or the overall time to fool anyone and his true talents or lack thereof showed. He didn’t do anything special with that team to give a reason for an impatient fanbase and administration to keep him around. There was little evidence that things were going to get better anytime soon

Last edited:
If you like a ceiling of 7-5 when sometimes 7-5 or better talent was basically in front of you, then he’s the guy for your team at a hefty price. Well.., maybe not worth so much anymore.

Yes, he did turn around Western Kentucky, but that made him a decent to good coach for Western Kentucky not necessarily a guy to coach FSU for millions or even at Oregon for that matter. Oregon was questionable gig #2

At USF, he had 2 bad seasons and then began to turn the program around with Mack and Flowers which were his recruits. USF probably never should have been THAT bad to begin with. Kind of like Frost in 2016. Questionable gig #1.

Willie basically hit paydirt in 2016 with a 10-2 USF team with 2 offensive studs

So.., what is he? A questionable good coach just like Frost, and possibly Heupel. He’s sold himself well, so props to him. He’s not the first and he won’t be the last. Choosing a coach, unfortunately, is still a crapshoot in the majority of cases

Willie, IMO won enough and sold himself enough to make a boatload of money. I was probably a little harsh, as he probably isn’t a bad coach, just not a very good or great coach which is what he was being paid to be

At FSU, he wasn’t given the immediate offensive line, QB talent or the overall time to fool anyone and his true talents or lack thereof showed. He didn’t do anything special with that team to give a reason for an impatient fanbase and administration to keep him around. There was little evidence that things were going to get better anytime soon
this i can get behind.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
You know you have no plan when you are supposed to run an exciting offense and you get a Wisconsin transfer to run it. Not exactly a good fit. No Freshman to fit the offense and build around?

You want to blame someone, blame the FSU AD and school president. They chose him. I have no idea why the AD wasn't fired as well.
Because, he wasn't the AD who hired him. The guy that hired him was there for maybe a month with Taggert before taking a gig with NCAA. The current AD got stuck with him.

The thing about WT beyond his mediocre record was the very embarrassing play of his team at FSU with talented players. Lack of football 101 stuff that was glaringly obvious against some very mediocre competition.......

Reactions: muckdawg24
The thing about WT beyond his mediocre record was the very embarrassing play of his team at FSU with talented players. Lack of football 101 stuff that was glaringly obvious against some very mediocre competition.......
That’s the kind of stuff that happens when your team quits - see us in 2015.

However, while 2015 was a huge bummer, I’m super okay with how this is shaking out :)

They are going to have to pay through the nose for a coach and offer a huge buyout again because who is going to go there knowing that you have a year and a half to turn things around.

Anyone worth a damn won’t worry about a quick hook b/c they won’t be going 5-7 and potentially 5-7 in year two.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
anyone nitpicking the quick hook hasn’t watched FSU games, they were getting basic things wrong ..lining up backwards , players running on the field late on Special Teams, etc into the 2nd half of Season 2

Ryan Bass gives reporters a bad name
He was early and right that Frost would leave for Nebraska. He has some solid sources from his 247 and CBS Sports days. That is the classic coach speak line which means he would probably talk to them but I'm guessing at best he is choice number 3 or 4, FSU fans already pointing out he's lost 3 out of his last 9 games and using Frost recruits still so he is viewed as a risk they probably can't take

also this could be a ploy by Heup and his agent to get a reworked deal and I hope Danny White doesn't fall for it

CJH is a good HC......that said IMO it would not be a catastrophe if he got poached, we collect the $10M and reloaded with a new HC........any transition would be a setback but something easily overcome......not that they would be viable options but there are probably 2 or 3 coaches in the AAC right now who could win consistently at UCF so there is coaching talent out there. Another option is make CRS head coach and get an up an coming OC. Probably not something CRS aspires for at this point of his career.......the bottom line is that I don't think that CJH has demonstrated that he is not replaceable....

CJH is a good HC......that said IMO it would not be a catastrophe if he got poached, we collect the $10M and reloaded with a new HC........any transition would be a setback but something easily overcome......not that they would be viable options but there are probably 2 or 3 coaches in the AAC right now who could win consistently at UCF so there is coaching talent out there. Another option is make CRS head coach and get an up an coming OC. Probably not something CRS aspires for at this point of his career.......the bottom line is that I don't think that CJH has demonstrated that he is not replaceable....
go ahead leave Heup.

Keep the entire defensive staff and hire Lane Train and profit :pimp:

Willie Taggart as a head coach:
- at Western Kentucky: 16-20
- at South Florida: 24-25
- at Oregon: 7-5
- at Florida State: 9-12

Willie Taggart’s buyouts: $30,180,000
We call this the George Costanza....

I have no idea why CJH would go to that dumpster fire. It's not just the program, it's the entire athletic dept. They need to blow it up and start from scratch. It's tough but needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT