18. Memphis, 8-1

19. Texas, 6-3

20. Iowa, 6-3

21. Boise State, 8-1

22. Oklahoma State, 6-3

23. Navy, 7-1

24. Kansas State, 6-3

25. Appalachian State, 8-1

I've gotta say the one thing about the cartel is they show up every week and damn do they work hard. Consistent too.

Alabama has a turd schedule. I don’t understand how they are #5.

Oh wait. They are ranked based on name only.

Top 5, you have three SEC teams.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
on the cfp espn show kirk herbstreet was bashing Minnesota saying they haven't played anyone. They just took out #4 Penn State. So stupid that a sport is based on people's opinions.

Penn State probably a bit overrated. Pitt should've beat them in Happy Valley.

Pardon my misogyny but:

The American viewing masses have a long tradition of tolerance for "competitions" decided by the opinions of a handful of judges instead of objective scoring criteria...as long as it's competitors are predominately female.

If you're into beauty pageants, figure skating, gymnastics, cheerleading, etc. that's great and hurrah for you, but stay in your lane and very far away from my effin' football.

They really are setting up 3 SEC teams in the College Football Playoff aren't they? If Georgia wins out and beats LSU in the SEC Championship game. I think Ohio State's a great team, but they've still got Penn State, Michigan, and the Big 10 Championship game. There's no doubt they could lose one of those. Then you'd have a Clemson-Georgia-LSU-Alabama CFP. Who's ready? lol

Hell, it'd probably be a good thing for UCF because I don't think anything would get an 8-team playoff going quicker than that scenario.

There is not going to be 3 SEC teams. Ga loss to SC solidified that. Now an undefeated Minn beating Ohio State in Big Ten Finals, and Baylor running the table creates chaos for the panel.

Clemson, LSU and Minn go in.

Ohio State only loss is to Minn in B10 Champ game
Baylor undefeated wins B12
Alabama loss is to LSU, no SEC champ game

And Clemson is only getting the favor because of past performance.

There is a lot better chance that the SEC gets 3 teams in the playoff then either Baylor or Minnesota going undefeated. Hell both those teams are underdogs in their games this week.

Reactions: muckdawg24
There is a lot better chance that the SEC gets 3 teams in the playoff then either Baylor or Minnesota going undefeated. Hell both those teams are underdogs in their games this week.

I said that scenario for the most chaos. Excluding Alabama and Ohio State for Baylor would blow up the system. 1 Loss PAC12 Champ Oregon/Utah or 1 Loss B10 Champ (other than Minn) or 1 loss B12 Champ Oklahoma gets in before a 3 SEC team scenario.

of course. Anything with no criteria and is based off a perceived “vote” is flawed. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these people were getting money on the side from someone. It’s a system than can easily be corrupted

I’m waiting for one of them to use Bama’s Recruiting Classes as a metric about putting them in again while losing their Division

Bama losing to LSU actually made their path to the playoffs easier. Ridiculous. I do think they are probably one of the top 5 teams in the country but havent done anything this year that Oregon, Minnesota, or Penn St have done.

I’m waiting for one of them to use Bama’s Recruiting Classes as a metric about putting them in again while losing their Division

its obviously a rigged system and with all the $$$$ at stake these guys could easily be bought. Maybe it’s just the Florida man in me that thinks that

All it would take is for one of these committee clowns to quietly be caught up in unrelated tax evasion charges and have him rat out the entire system in exchange for leniency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT