ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander and Verduzco already extending offers to NU Recruits!?!?

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
It's going to be a rough week or 2 but hopefully the new staff recovers by the February Signing Day

Recruiting is dirty and giving them a Nebraska offer is technically not illegal. There will be decommits but hopefully the next coach can reel some back in & bring his own additions.

Reactions: UCFhonors
We have to think about our future more than a Peach Bowl win

We can't have it both ways

Time to look for a coach ASAP and find out who's going to be retained, or not going with Frost. Keep them for the Bowl game and move on from Frost ASAP

The Frost era ended today

Recruiting is dirty and giving them a Nebraska offer is technically not illegal. There will be decommits but hopefully the next coach can reel some back in & bring his own additions.
The next coach needs to be hired ASAP. That's how it's done. Frost was hired Dec 1st 2015. January is too late!

The next coach needs to be hired ASAP. That's how it's done. Frost was hired Dec 1st 2015. January is too late!
the new Coach might be announced by tomorrow afternoon if the #1 target accepts

a new Coach has never coached his new team in the Bowl game, all the play calls and language are from Frost and the assistants. everyone needs to chillllll

a new Coach has never coached his new team in the Bowl game, all the play calls and language are from Frost and the assistants. everyone needs to chillllll
I agree. A new coach never ever coaches a Bowl game and a old coach almost never does either

There are reasons for this. We are not reinventing the wheel here. Walters will be more than happy to audition for his future and lead this team.

What about the transfers? Do they have to sit out another year in order to go to Nebraska?

Such a weird situation. Frost installed an offense and no one called the plays enough independently. He was here for 2 years with a boatload of underclassman and new coaches loyal to him

Now we aren't screwed for the future, but we are for this Bowl and we all know it

Frost has been amazing, but he's dangerous now to have around.

Reactions: Born2Corn

I agree. A new coach never ever coaches a Bowl game and a old coach almost never does either

There are reasons for this. We are not reinventing the wheel here. Walters will be more than happy to audition for his future and lead this team.

This fiasco could work out in our favor, should the #1 target hire accept then they can continue on with recruiting and not have to worry about the bowl game. At the same time Frost keeps the boys sharp and coaches them up for the game and the current system doesn't skip a beat.

The new coach should block players from transferring to Nebraska.
Yes! So let's get one ASAP and he can charm them, sell UCF, and himself without any outside influences and noise

UCF is hot right now.

The Frost era is over. It was great, but it ended today

This fiasco could work out in our favor, should the #1 target hire accept then they can continue on with recruiting and not have to worry about the bowl game. At the same time Frost keeps the boys sharp and coaches them up for the game and the current system doesn't skip a beat.
I agree with this, but I want benign UCF people around the kids. Beckton Fisher, maybe Walters??, etc

Wouldn't we want Frost as far away as possible

I know it's hard to comprehend, but as of today, Frost has cut ties with UCF. He's Nebraska's coach

Who do you think #1 is?

Who's the #1 target? Let Walters or Beckton coach. Frost made his decision. You can't break up and then hang around.

Who's the #1 target? Let Walters or Beckton coach. Frost made his decision. You can't break up and then hang around.
We are on the same page. It's a cancer to have him around

I don't mean that in a bad way. He doesn't even have to do anything wrong. It's his presence. We don't need the players getting anymore loyal or sentimental

Let them feel abandoned by Frost. Let them move on. We have a football program here to continue at a high level

Anyway, I've said what I needed to say about this. I trust Danny White
He's a lot smarter than me

From what White said after game the whole coaching staff is coaching the game but Frist will be doing Nebraska duties till then. Also sounds like the new coach will get a clean slate. Our staff will not be retained for the most part. He also said he's been doing interviews and has asked the players what they want in a coach. He is going Nationwide folks. Doubt it's anyone currently on staff.

Not a lot of guys go from here to nebraska. He might get one or two, some will leave, and some will come here still. If I was an WR I would be all over coming here and catching passes from Milton! Dude is a legit stud

700 yards and 55 points given up to Memphis

600 yards and 42 points given up to USF.

I've never seen that from a UCF team

Where do I sign up to drive Chinander's moving van to Nebraska?

Reactions: tribbleorlfl
I think he was referring to recruiting prospects, not UCF commits. We saw a flurry of offers go out last night from Frosts new staff to propects they had recruited while at UCF, but not to any commits. I doubt we’ll see them offer any current commits.

700 yards and 55 points given up to Memphis

600 yards and 42 points given up to USF.

I've never seen that from a UCF team

Where do I sign up to drive Chinander's moving van to Nebraska?

Pretty obvious that Chinander quit putting all his effort into the UCF defense and started scouting the Nebraska roster and identifying recruiting needs for them weeks ago. Amazing resiliency from the players to still find a way with the coaching staff's minds already in another place.

If Frost's actually fighting UCF for recruits, I wonder what his next job will be after the Nubraska failure? Let's get real, a P5 goes after/gets 5 and 4 stars, UCF just doesn't, at least hasn't yet had great success with that. Now, with the "excitement" over FSU, UF's new hires it's laughable thinking Nebraska is going to have much success getting Florida players.

They will lynch him by New Years if he starts recruiting 2 and 3 star players. They want him to win, but do it the Nebraska P5 way....that has worked so well.

Yea.... he's already made offers to 2 5 stars and 4 4 stars since last night. But let me tell you about our walk on program we are about to resurrect.

Reactions: NU_FTW
I don't know why we let him hang around until the bowl game. Seems like it gives an opportunity to work on getting some of our guys to transfer, and I'm sure it will be on our dime. They offered one of Killins relatives last night. A kid from spruce creek.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT