ADVERTISEMENT

Chinander and Verduzco already extending offers to NU Recruits!?!?

So how in the f--k after being on the Nebraska staff for less than 24 hours can they be extending offers???? A lot of lies, deception, and BS going on here. Any way these are infractions? Do we really want SF and his Nebraska staff to coach our bowl game? I have lost any respect I had for him.

Last edited:
He's been going into these schools for 2 years and meeting these kids. It makes sense that he would offer a kid that he has a relationship with.

That's why I don't want a coach with both feet out the door half-assed coaching our bowl game.

Oh greatest year of my life, love love love love, yah right! Your boyfriend just dumped you and hours later visited the cat-house.

Reactions: skunkman
They would have to be familiar with what Nebraska already has in place and likely to stick in recruiting and then coordinate who to not only potentially target but actually extend offers to. They've been prepping for this while getting paid to prepare UCF's players for games. It's a shame. It definitely showed in how the defense played the last two weeks.

Does that make it OK?

Let's change the situation. You've been dating a girl with smoking hot friends for 2 years. You decide not to date that girl anymore. At the same time, you come into a lot of money and now her friends are interested in you. Are you going to turn them down?

Reactions: skunkman
Let's change the situation. You've been dating a girl with smoking hot friends for 2 years. You decide not to date that girl anymore. At the same time, you come into a lot of money and now her friends are interested in you. Are you going to turn them down?

IMO that is not a good example. The point is:

They've been prepping for this while getting paid to prepare UCF's players for games. It's a shame. It definitely showed in how the defense played the last two weeks.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
Some of u must be new to recruiting

They still have to visit and want to attend there

Did you read each of the quotes in the tweets? They might be misleading but each recruit came across as being pretty jazzed.....

Did you read each of the quotes? They might be misleading but each recruit came across as being pretty jazzed.....

Just as jazzed as UCF offers who signed elsewhere. The QB is a hard commit to Tenn. supposedly.

How is it scumbag move? A lot of players choose the coach, not the school. Possible if they stayed committed they might not jive with new coach.

Sf won’t coach bowl game. That was just political bs to soften the blow. Dw pushed back on that during his presser

Huggins visited UCF but never committed. There will be 'a wave' of internet Nebraska hype where some will consider them but let's be real, once Slick Willie T is in Tallahassee Frost is not going to beat him if he wants Huggins

Reactions: KnightLife1
How is it scumbag move? A lot of players choose the coach, not the school. Possible if they stayed committed they might not jive with new coach.

Sf won’t coach bowl game. That was just political bs to soften the blow. Dw pushed back on that during his presser
Because of how premeditated this all feels and how quickly they are moving on this. Now not only are we competing for recruits against other schools in state, but now also against former members of our coaching staff. Just because it's not breaking the rules (if it's not) doesn't make it not a scumbag move.

Because of how premeditated this all feels and how quickly they are moving on this. Now not only are we competing for recruits against other schools in state, but now also against former members of our coaching staff. Just because it's not breaking the rules (if it's not) doesn't make it not a scumbag move.
All coaches and staff do this stuff. This isn't something new.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
All we heard for 3 weeks from Scott Frost "I'm gonna go back to my office and watch tape." He gave the impression of prepping with the coaches for our upcoming games. Unfortunately, we were all scammed. He and his staff were watching film of players to recruit to Nebraska! Thank God we have a good group of players who rallied for themselves, the fans and the program because they certainly haven't received coaching for a few weeks now

Here is the thing. Regarding hitting the ground running. Scott has many former teammates who are close to the Nebraska program who have watched Recruiting etc, even have one on the staff now in Matt Davison. It is pretty easy to trust these guys who have been upset watching their former team when he tells Scott and staff where we lack talent, what is needed etc. They are doing exactly what they should be doing and I cannot think for one second that Scott or any UCF staff member devoted any time in season to this. The more likely answer is the list of weaknesses on the current team has been made and the Coaches know what is out there, it isnt like they havent been recruiting for UCF they know they can now pull some of those commits away from other p5 schools especially with FSU imploding. Take it how you will but I dont believe for one second Scott was working for Nebraska until yesterday/today nor any UCF to Nebraska Staff

Here is the thing. We probably wouldn't have got many of these guys anyway. BUT. Nebraska is paying 50% of the turncoats salary while getting 100% of their recruiting time, meanwhile UCF's recruiting time and people available to actually do the recruiting has been destroyed. We'll have what, 2 or 3 guys that can go out and talk to recruits? There's no way we should be paying these Nebraska employees to half-ass coach 1 game, and end up with 0 recruiting hours. And you are a fool if you don't think these guys were looking ahead and planning their P5 future.

Imagine the reaction if we had lost one of these last two games with half the staff scouting and plotting recruiting strategy for Nebraska.

Reactions: JAFFX2
will any of you complain if we land Sumlin and he convinces a couple guys he had on the radar at A&M to come to UCF?

my guess is no, welcome to the cutthroat recruiting world
I want all of the Texas A & M players and recruits to merge with UCF to create a super team! Well Jimbo may have something to say about that

Mattroplois.....shhhhh...the truth in your post will disturb all the drama.....:)
You have to realize the new Nebraska assistants are getting serious raises. 5m per year for Assistant salary pool. That is definitely worth some sleepless nights and going the extra mile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT