ADVERTISEMENT

Cisgender

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
I wonder which 500 genders I should be today?:alien:

Can you change your mind in the middle of the day or is it based on a 24 hour cycle?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Thats it. I'm going to that college and demand to be referred to as "King crazyhole". If my wishes are not granted then lawsuits are going to fly.
How does that relate to this?
In accordance with the student’s gender identity, filing a complaint against her professor earlier this year for not accommodating her wishes.
Shawnee State University, a public school in Ohio, requires its staff to refer to transgender student’s by his or her preferred gender pronouns.

Aren't you for rules?

Shawnee State University, a public school in Ohio, requires its staff to refer to transgender student’s by his or her preferred gender pronouns.

Aren't you for rules?
You'd think we were discussing one of the scenes involving the Rock Ridge townfolk and their new sheriff from the film, Blazing Saddles. :)

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
In accordance with the student’s gender identity, filing a complaint against her professor earlier this year for not accommodating her wishes.

Aren't you for rules?
Are you suggesting that king is not an allowable gender? Geez man, talk about being intolerant.

Reactions: UCFWayne
You'd think we were discussing one of the scenes involving the Rock Ridge townfolk and their new sheriff from the film, Blazing Saddles. :)

Well, it does seem like you are fluent in authentic frontier gibberish just like Gabby Johnson.

Academics and intellectuals ... do you expect anything less?

When email addresses (and then web addies) were first introduced in the media, without the context it made little sense except that maybe it was random behind the scenes codes that was left on the press.. I doubt anyone's response to that wasn't as polarizing as the term cis.
That's because IETF RFCs defined protocols and services decades before the US media had ever heard of them, a response to a need for standardized services on a new medium ... the packet switched network. These advancements actually connected people.

The 'cis' term is the opposite ... it's a politically correct term introduced by, of and for the media, and not driven by innovation or other, necessary change. This 'advancement' actually disconnects and divides people.

That's why traditional, western/capitalist engineers** tend to greatly dislike 'progressive' terms.

I.e., Engineers see people who innovate and cause new terms to be created out of new advancement as useful and beneficial for all, while ...

Those who invent things just on the basis of alleged 'social merit' that have no other function than the division of people, which is actually backwards in an alleged, progressive society.

**NOTES:
1) I don't include information technology (IT) in traditional engineering. Heaven knows too much IT is built on a lot of people just 'learning products' and 'vendor alignment' instead of underlying technology and innovation. IT for IT's sake is one of my biggest, pet peeves going back to the .COM boom-bust, but still lives on today.

2) In the Soviet, the highest end-all, be-all, respected profession was the engineer, who was a pure applied science student, without business, economics and humanities, and a disregard for spirituality too. Those were considered 'wasteful distractions,' hence why communism -- the pure ideology -- can be considered the pure pursuit of science and progress. So it appealed to their engineers, who were often, also in positions of leadership and even politics, as it was the highest regarded profession in the Soviet.

It's kinda amazing how we're seeing #2 grip the US now, only instead of the engineer -- largely because western/capitalist engineers get economics and other business -- it's the liberal arts major along with other intellectuals. We're headed back to the Soviet view of the world, no religion as it's hurtful, no economics as it is demeaning, the large, centrally planning state controls all and knows best.

The 'cis' term is the opposite ... it's a politically correct term introduced by, of and for the media, and not driven by innovation or other, necessary change. This 'advancement' actually disconnects and divides people.

What kind of technical mumbo-jumbo garbage is this?

The term 'cisgender' has its origin in Latin (prefix cis means "on this side of" while trans means "across from.")

Are the uses of these same terms in organic chemistry "politically correct" too?

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT