ADVERTISEMENT

Come back to UCF, Coach. We'll kick that dopey moron Gus Malzhan to the curb.

Man that's embarassing for us fans.

One loss and people are whining to fire Gus. Unreal.
Dave Aranda is one of the hottest coaches on the coaching carousel circuit with a career head coaching mark of 15-10 (.667) at Baylor, which is 1-1 (.500) this season.

But Gus, who is 10-5 (.667) at UCF and 1-1 (.500) this season, needs to be fired.

Makes a lot of sense.

Pump. The. Brakes. Were recruiting well but need 2-3 good cycles to build the foundation. Right now we have alot of transfers trying to plug in.

Reactions: Aleczi
I'm famous, mother ****ers!
dave-chapelle.gif

Man that's embarassing for us fans.

One loss and people are whining to fire Gus. Unreal.

It is embarrassing. So many of our UCFans need to meet our coaches in person. It would certain change their posts. Heck Johnny Dawkins was hanging out right by Burger U before the game. Our coaches are unbelievably accessible.

#UCFacts

It's one guy on a free board posting a comment and this guy acts like its everyone's opinion. That's the problem with the internet.

It's not a lot different than people here making generalizations about a team's fanbase based on a couple of trolls that show up on this board.

It's one guy on a free board posting a comment and this guy acts like its everyone's opinion. That's the problem with the internet.

It's not a lot different than people here making generalizations about a team's fanbase based on a couple of trolls that show up on this board.
At least I can laugh at myself. I fully admit that I could be full of shit. In fact, I hope to be full of shit. I hope to be so wrong on this that people start derisively calling me "Joe Biden".

It's ok when we do it to others but it's bulls*** when they do it to us*

Dave Aranda is one of the hottest coaches on the coaching carousel circuit with a career head coaching mark of 15-10 (.667) at Baylor, which is 1-1 (.500) this season.

But Gus, who is 10-5 (.667) at UCF and 1-1 (.500) this season, needs to be fired.

Makes a lot of sense.
Barner do you want to fu.ck Gus or something? Having two accounts, one here one on 247, and slurping Gus all the time is weird. Legit weird. You’re clearly either a relative, my guess is son in law, or you’re just a gigantic weirdo. At least Nebraska fans left after a while, but your obsession is stalkerish at best mentally unstable at worst.

also Aranda is 50 times the coordinator old man river is. Oh btw Dave was smart enough to hire Jeff Grimes as oc, who is a better oc than Gus, and take a ceo role. Meanwhile our dic.k hc refuses to adapt to the modern game and it will get him fired again.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: Knight59
What is a ”barner”?
A 'barner' is a derogatory (and inflammatory) term for an Auburn fan. It was coined by bammers (uat fans--university of alabamer @tuscaloosa; so not to confuse with uab--@birmingham or uah--@huntsvills.) uat folk call us barners because Auburn, formerly Alabama Polytechnic Institute, is a land grant institution (i e., a cow college like Florida). Therefore, we are 'barners.'

However, I am not a pure barn. I was actually born into bammer family. I was turned about second grade, IIRC.

also Aranda is 50 times the coordinator old man river is. Oh btw Dave was smart enough to hire Jeff Grimes as oc, who is a better oc than Gus, and take a ceo role. Meanwhile our dic.k hc refuses to adapt to the modern game and it will get him fired again.
You are a confused poster 'Knightgator9' and Gus will make you eat your words when he goes on a tear through the AAC.

I will forgive your ignorance. Gus HIRED Jeff Grimes at Auburn when Gus took over as OC in 2009: https://www.gobblercountry.com/2013...aching-hires-offensive-line-coach-jeff-grimes

However, TPTB forced Gus to fire every offensive staff member as a stipulation upon taking over Auburn as head coach in 2013 because the Auburn boosters are idiots:

As for Dave Aranda being "50 times the coordinator" as Gus....

Gus led Arkansas to the SEC Championship Game his first season as an OC...

Gus became the first OC in NCAA history to have a 5,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher, and three 1,000-yard receivers in a single season his first year at Tulsa...

Gus led the nation in total offense his second season at Tulsa...

In his second year at Auburn, Gus won the Frank Broyles award for being the nation's top assistant in 2010 for helping Auburn win the national championship...

Gus's accomplishments as an offensive coordinator alone are superior to everything Dave Aranda has done in football since his birth.

Don't let one early-season loss get in the way of rationality. I use 2013's loss to South Carolina as example. Many games were on the line until the last couple of plays that year, "Cardiac Knights" they were called.

Many games came close to slipping away in 2017 under Frost. Memphis, USF, a few others came close.

He couldn't manage those same scenarios at Nebraska...had 4 years to right the ship also.

Frost did a lot of losing over 4 years, because of his offense specifically, even though he still recruited Florida....

Regarding UCF and WINNING:

What if Louisville runs the rest of the ACC or gets to the ACC Champ game? Syracuse wins 8-10 games also?

What if UCF adjusts JUST like Louisville and throttles FAU? (I still think this is probable)

What if what if what if...it's too early to have any rational comparison. Look at the rest of the field and who lost this weekend. Parity seems to be quite apparent now as well which will make these comparisons even more difficult.
So many bad takes here, it’s hard to know where to begin. Syracuse is a terrible team and Louisville is even worse. Neither of those teams will get close to smell .500. But go on.

So many bad takes here, it’s hard to know where to begin. Syracuse is a terrible team and Louisville is even worse. Neither of those teams will get close to smell .500. But go on.
Probably true but when you shoot yourself in the foot anything can happen. What place will Miami land in the weak ACC this year? We know it wont be first

Louisville has a higher ceiling than 'Cuse if Louisville/Malik Cunningham can figure out the quarterback situation. I had Louisville as the darkhorse in the conference.

Reactions: beelit47
And lots of teams drop a game to a team that's not as good as they are. Some go on to win conference championships. What's your point? What should we be talking about, on our board, in your opinion?

You are a confused poster 'Knightgator9' and Gus will make you eat your words when he goes on a tear through the AAC.

I will forgive your ignorance. Gus HIRED Jeff Grimes at Auburn when Gus took over as OC in 2009: https://www.gobblercountry.com/2013...aching-hires-offensive-line-coach-jeff-grimes

However, TPTB forced Gus to fire every offensive staff member as a stipulation upon taking over Auburn as head coach in 2013 because the Auburn boosters are idiots:

Gus became the first OC in NCAA history to have a 5,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard rusher, and three 1,000-yard receivers in a single season his first year at Tulsa...

In his second year at Auburn, Gus won the Frank Broyles award for being the nation's top assistant in 2010 for helping Auburn win the national championship...

Gus's accomplishments as an offensive coordinator alone are superior to everything Dave Aranda has done in football since his birth.
One of the few I've seen on this board that knows the numbers.

Ok Barner. We get it you’re related to Gus or married into the family. Gus is probably going to lose to fau this weekend because of his sh.it offense. Also aranda pulled Gus pants down numerous times and will do so in the big 12 unless old fu.ck gets a real oc.

we’re talking Gus at UCF not at Tulsa. Your father in law sucks.

Before the season started word was that we had an incredibly deep wide receiver room. Now we are panicking when two guys go down. What gives?

Three guys really with Amari Johnson, so 3 of the top 4 lost is going to test the depth of any team. Still like other guys like X Townsend and Jaylon Griffin but they are definitely less experienced/proven. Got to find a way.

Three guys really with Amari Johnson, so 3 of the top 4 lost is going to test the depth of any team. Still like other guys like X Townsend and Jaylon Griffin but they are definitely less experienced/proven. Got to find a way.
This.

First comparing the records of Aranda in his short stint at Baylor and Gus at UCF is totally misleading. Aranda started during a covid year where he was missing players, had practices and spring game canceled and therefore had a horrible first year. Then the next year he cut through the Big 12 like a knife through butter, won the Big 12 championship and won the sugar bowl.

Gus took over and recruited well but has had some questionable calls and games. (2 losses to loserville, a loss to Navy, a bad loss to SMU, and a bad performance against USF).

I'm willing to give him time but also feel the seat will get much hotter if he loses to FAU or goes 6-6, 5-7 this year.

Reactions: Knightgator9
We were doing so well with recruiting and record when Gus came here?

GOL built up the program and Gus is doing the same.

Would have loved to hear your opinions when GOL first got here. Also, how soon we forget all the issues we had with defense when Frost was here. We don't need his buddy back here as DC.

I really don't understand this. Strikes me as emotionally-biased/Nostalgia-induced.

Frost is literally being fired because he sucked at calling offense and failed to score points to win. That is THE reason he is being fired.

Comparing body of work game for game?

At this point, week 3 of Frost's second season he was 8-7 at UCF.

Gus is 10-5.

The math is indicative of there being no comparison.
Frost's success at UCF could be as simple as him hitting the jackpot with a once in a lifetime QB by the name of Milton.

We were doing so well with recruiting and record when Gus came here?

GOL built up the program and Gus is doing the same.

Would have loved to hear your opinions when GOL first got here. Also, how soon we forget all the issues we had with defense when Frost was here. We don't need his buddy back here as DC.
Old fuc.k isn’t building anything. The real building is being done by T-will, the kennys, and Addison Williams. Who all may leave for better jobs then we have to rely on Gus hiring his buddies just like he did with chip, hand, and Blackmon. Gus may recruit well, but the real progress is done by defensive staff. Also at least when GOL hired Hux he left Hux alone. He also left Taaffe alone. Gus doesn’t have the ability to do that. Let’s be honest Gus is either going to get fired for not hiring a good oc or Terry will be fired for not having the balls to tell Gus to get a real oc.

Frost's success at UCF could be as simple as him hitting the jackpot with a once in a lifetime QB by the name of Milton.
He recruited a lot of other great players too, but yes, Milton was great.

I remember reading that he said stuff like, "I want to get you the ball in space and let you do your thing". Seems like a good line, and what 17 year olds want to hear.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT