ADVERTISEMENT

Cops shot in Louisiana

You would have to be very anti-police to think all of that is necessary.

None of those demands would have changed what happened in Ferguson, Baltimore, Baton Rouge or Minnesota.

You would have to be very anti-police to think all of that is necessary.

None of those demands would have changed what happened in Ferguson, Baltimore, Baton Rouge or Minnesota.
Those aren't demands, those are good practices that would improve their relations with the communities they protect and keep them out of trouble with the DOJ. The police work for the citizens.

Those aren't demands, those are good practices that would improve their relations with the communities they protect and keep them out of trouble with the DOJ. The police work for the citizens.
I'm with the law abiding citizens of all races that obey the law and respect the police.

74631b2fb3541fca5e8fccd7bbc1b72035b20f5b2aeef2c34bbaad587f191987_1.jpg

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Since we are dealing with percentages, lets count up the number of police in the US and see what percentage have killed black citizens that were obeying the law, not carrying a weapon, or taking up a threatening position while being arrested for breaking the law. Next lets count up the number of guns owned by folks legal to carry them and get the percentage used in mass shootings etc. Once you get the answer apologize and acknowledge that you are a liberal , racist, intolerant asshole

Take Baltimore for example. After the riots, the cops deliberately stopped going into the communities where they were being threatened and called racists/murderers in.

As a result, violent crime and homicides skyrocketed last year.

If the hypothesis is that cops are just arresting people or shooting people who otherwise aren't doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't see these massive spikes in violent crime when police back off their presence.

Take Baltimore for example. After the riots, the cops deliberately stopped going into the communities where they were being threatened and called racists/murderers in.

As a result, violent crime and homicides skyrocketed last year.

If the hypothesis is that cops are just arresting people or shooting people who otherwise aren't doing anything wrong, then you shouldn't see these massive spikes in violent crime when police back off their presence.
So is that what theyve been doing in Chicago for the past few decades?

Of the 2 quotes, yours is the only one that is actually racist.
Because I actually listen to black people?

fwiw I (and most) dont believe #AllLivesMatter and total whitey quotes are racist - they are just unaware. And thats honestly understandable that so many just dont get or understand the historical struggles with certain demographics. Just remember that BLM is not simply because of a few police brutality incidents. It's a culmination of decades of mistreatment that is just come to a head. If ALL you focus on are the recent police incidents you arent seeing the whole picture.

And theres nothing wrong with that as long as you have an open mind to listen and understand the root issues.

fwiw I (and most) dont believe #AllLivesMatter and total whitey quotes are racist - they are just unaware. And thats honestly understandable that so many just dont get or understand the historical struggles with certain demographics. Just remember that BLM is not simply because of a few police brutality incidents. It's a culmination of decades of mistreatment that is just come to a head. If ALL you focus on are the recent police incidents you arent seeing the whole picture.

And theres nothing wrong with that as long as you have an open mind to listen and understand the root issues.

Ah yes, the "I'm right and you're wrong because I have an open mind" argument.

No one is denying that black people have received unfair treatment throughout history, or that they've been often targeted unfairly by police. No one.

What we are arguing is this new notion, and narrative, that EVERY encounter with police is the result of racism or a blood thirst to kill black people. What we're arguing is that BLM can air their grievances but should not be calling for assaults or murder on police.

And if you don't listen we'll kill you dead.

I have black friends too you know *

I'm with the law abiding citizens of all races that obey the law and respect the police.
And there's the white person quote of every person who doesn't actually listen to any of the issues.
Above are the 2 quotes in question. You in fact quoted Chevelle's post specifically to call it racist. While yours was the one that actually made broad race based claims. If you are looking for a racist, I suggest finding one in the mirror.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I'm diversified . By the way those kids as you called them that we saw are kicking ass . I went to see them again playing solo
Yeah, I follow them in Facebbok. Good to see they're still killing it... and I mean that in a non BLM_killing-cops kinda way, of course.

Reactions: btbones
Above are the 2 quotes in question. You in fact quoted Chevelle's post specifically to call it racist. While yours was the one that actually made broad race based claims. If you are looking for a racist, I suggest finding one in the mirror.
No I'm not calling it racist. I dont get why every time someone tries to discuss why the Fox News narrative isnt seeing the whole picture, thats calling someone "racist". I tried to explain it above that its simply unawareness (and an understandable one) but whatever. Dont know why anyone bothers.

Reactions: MACHater02
No I'm not calling it racist. I dont get why every time someone tries to discuss why the Fox News narrative isnt seeing the whole picture, thats calling someone "racist". I tried to explain it above that its simply unawareness (and an understandable one) but whatever. Dont know why anyone bothers.
I broke down exactly what you posted, and the post that you referenced. Neither of those mentioned fox news or anything you are now posting about. You cant even come to grips with the fact that you made a broad ranging statement about white people. That by definition is racism.

If you want to find a racist in the WC, you should first look in the mirror.

Oh thats right, you have some black friends, so you cant possibly be racist.

Please remember who you're talking to, then just sit back and laugh.

Reactions: UCF-icenhl-06
I broke down exactly what you posted, and the post that you referenced. Neither of those mentioned fox news or anything you are now posting about. You cant even come to grips with the fact that you made a broad ranging statement about white people. That by definition is racism.

L - O - ****ing - L.

I don't even think you know what racism is.

Reactions: MACHater02

I have a bunch of white friends.

Reactions: fabknight
What about the far majority that don't?
They are entitled to their opinion, however all of the BLM poster children (Trayvon, Baltimore, Ferguson, Minnesota, Baton Rouge) have each been shown to be either based on lies, justified or accidental and involved officers of various races. None of these victims were targeted because of race and all of them were either aggressive or resisted, except for the victim in MN, which appears to be a Hispanic officer who saw a man who he thought was wanted, reach for a gun, and that is tragic.

I'm sure you are aware that more white people are killed by police than blacks, and based on the recent Harvard study, there is no real difference as a percentage. Yes, I am aware that black males and police come in contact with each other more often than white males. What we don't know is why that is, but the left automatically cries racism. You never answered my question regarding "unlawful bias". The AG report on Ferguson states that the disproportionate number of arrests cannot be explained by blacks committing more crime, but "in part" by racial bias. What part? 10% 50%? What accounts for the other part? It has to be something other than racial bias according to this report?

The race problem is much bigger than that and won't be solved on a UCF message board. But my opinion is that we have failed the black community by creating a permanent victim class through well intentioned programs designed to help and repent for the sins of slavery. It hasn't worked. It has created 2 separate societies that will never be viewed as equal as long as we treat blacks as helpless victims that can't succeed without our help. I know those on the left will have a very different view on that.

The only anectdotal evidence I have is through athletics. Playing football at UCF we lived, ate, studied, worked and fought together. We loved eachother like brothers and still do. We succeeded or failed based on our own merits. Nobody was screaming racism. Outside of that and church, to me, black and white America is largely separated and anybody that doesn't view black people as helpless victims is labeled a racist or entitled. I don't have the answers but whatever we are doing now is not working.

L - O - ****ing - L.

I don't even think you know what racism is.
Your high school and UCF clearly failed to educate you.

racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

And there's the white person quote of every person who doesn't actually listen to any of the issues.
How does your quote not lump all white peoples beliefs together? So do all white people think the same way?

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Your high school and UCF clearly failed to educate you.

racism: the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

How does your quote not lump all white peoples beliefs together? So do all white people think the same way?
Yeah you dont know what racism is.

They are entitled to their opinion, however all of the BLM poster children (Trayvon, Baltimore, Ferguson, Minnesota, Baton Rouge) have each been shown to be either based on lies, justified or accidental and involved officers of various races. None of these victims were targeted because of race and all of them were either aggressive or resisted, except for the victim in MN, which appears to be a Hispanic officer who saw a man who he thought was wanted, reach for a gun, and that is tragic.

I'm sure you are aware that more white people are killed by police than blacks, and based on the recent Harvard study, there is no real difference as a percentage. Yes, I am aware that black males and police come in contact with each other more often than white males. What we don't know is why that is, but the left automatically cries racism. You never answered my question regarding "unlawful bias". The AG report on Ferguson states that the disproportionate number of arrests cannot be explained by blacks committing more crime, but "in part" by racial bias. What part? 10% 50%? What accounts for the other part? It has to be something other than racial bias according to this report?

The race problem is much bigger than that and won't be solved on a UCF message board. But my opinion is that we have failed the black community by creating a permanent victim class through well intentioned programs designed to help and repent for the sins of slavery. It hasn't worked. It has created 2 separate societies that will never be viewed as equal as long as we treat blacks as helpless victims that can't succeed without our help. I know those on the left will have a very different view on that.

The only anectdotal evidence I have is through athletics. Playing football at UCF we lived, ate, studied, worked and fought together. We loved eachother like brothers and still do. We succeeded or failed based on our own merits. Nobody was screaming racism. Outside of that and church, to me, black and white America is largely separated and anybody that doesn't view black people as helpless victims is labeled a racist or entitled. I don't have the answers but whatever we are doing now is not working.
You're really trying to twist the parts of the report you don't agree with. I could provide other reports for other cities that would show the same patterns. I could provide numerous studies done by universities that would show discrepancies in sentencing. All of this didn't result from well intentioned programs. There are still initiatives occurring today which worsen the problem. In Tampa, the police force was going to poor black neighborhoods to write tickets for minor bicycle infractions. Writing more ticket than the other major cities in the state combined. How do those communities view the police? In Pinellas County, they did away with the integration rules in place for schools and promised funding to schools in the poorer areas. Several years later the funding never came and those schools became some of the worst in the state. These decisions were intentional. When Wells Fargo decided to charge minorities higher fees and interest rates a few years ago it was intentional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT