ADVERTISEMENT

Cops shot in Louisiana

You're really trying to twist the parts of the report you don't agree with. I could provide other reports for other cities that would show the same patterns. I could provide numerous studies done by universities that would show discrepancies in sentencing. All of this didn't result from well intentioned programs. There are still initiatives occurring today which worsen the problem. In Tampa, the police force was going to poor black neighborhoods to write tickets for minor bicycle infractions. Writing more ticket than the other major cities in the state combined. How do those communities view the police? In Pinellas County, they did away with the integration rules in place for schools and promised funding to schools in the poorer areas. Several years later the funding never came and those schools became some of the worst in the state. These decisions were intentional. When Wells Fargo decided to charge minorities higher fees and interest rates a few years ago it was intentional.

Were there any black officers writing tickets for bicycle infractions or was it racist white cops? Are there more bicycle riders in that neighborhood because it's poor and they can't afford cars? Did the school funding not come through because of racism or budget cuts?

I am very, very familiar with the Wells Fargo case as well as Bank of America and Countrywide, that is my industry. They all settled because of what appeared to be bias and a PR disaster. If a home buyer pays $3000 in closing costs on a 200K loan, and another buyer pays $3000 in closing costs on a 100K loan, who's APR is going to be higher? So because white people borrowed higher loan amounts, their APR was lower. Also, black people, like it or not, have lower credit scores on average than white people, making them a higher lending risk, resulting in a higher rate and costs. Fannie Mae implemented risk based pricing, it has nothing to do with the lenders.

It was also found that black applicants were denied financing at a higher rate than others races. They didn't ask why, it was assumed it was because of racism. Why would someone go through the trouble of origination, processing and underwriting a loan just to decline it. The left will cry racism, a lender will say the risk of default was too high. It was also found there were many black loan officers lending to black applicants in black communities, yet the race of the originator wasn't considered.

The end result is that BofA, Wells Fargo, SunTrust and others shut down their wholesale operations to keep total control and avoid future law suits, which has greatly reduced competition. And guess what, rates and costs are now higher for everybody, including blacks, and the decline ratio hasn't changed.

Don't ever question who promotes the race war then beyond that who owns/controls/profits off of that... It's in plain sight

Were there any black officers writing tickets for bicycle infractions or was it racist white cops? Are there more bicycle riders in that neighborhood because it's poor and they can't afford cars? Did the school funding not come through because of racism or budget cuts?

I am very, very familiar with the Wells Fargo case as well as Bank of America and Countrywide, that is my industry. They all settled because of what appeared to be bias and a PR disaster. If a home buyer pays $3000 in closing costs on a 200K loan, and another buyer pays $3000 in closing costs on a 100K loan, who's APR is going to be higher? So because white people borrowed higher loan amounts, their APR was lower. Also, black people, like it or not, have lower credit scores on average than white people, making them a higher lending risk, resulting in a higher rate and costs. Fannie Mae implemented risk based pricing, it has nothing to do with the lenders.

It was also found that black applicants were denied financing at a higher rate than others races. They didn't ask why, it was assumed it was because of racism. Why would someone go through the trouble of origination, processing and underwriting a loan just to decline it. The left will cry racism, a lender will say the risk of default was too high. It was also found there were many black loan officers lending to black applicants in black communities, yet the race of the originator wasn't considered.

The end result is that BofA, Wells Fargo, SunTrust and others shut down their wholesale operations to keep total control and avoid future law suits, which has greatly reduced competition. And guess what, rates and costs are now higher for everybody, including blacks, and the decline ratio hasn't changed.

Nonsense. These banks were all RACISTS!

Reactions: jetsaholic
If if looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, you better shut your mouth before you say anything about it and get labeled a racist or be killed.
You need to shut your zoophobia mouth! He(she) decided a long time ago to identify as a flamingo!
1399869340-0.jpg

The cops race doesn't matter, you said programs implemented with good intentions. There were no budget cuts to the schools that resulted in these particular schools not receiving the funding promised them.
I can't speak for all of the banks, but in Wells Fargos case they were charging higher fees to applicants of equal credit worthiness and financial soundness. Race was the deciding factor according the class action suit.

The cops race doesn't matter, you said programs implemented with good intentions. There were no budget cuts to the schools that resulted in these particular schools not receiving the funding promised them.
I can't speak for all of the banks, but in Wells Fargos case they were charging higher fees to applicants of equal credit worthiness and financial soundness. Race was the deciding factor according the class action suit.

So the race of cops ticketing bicyclists in poor black neighborhoods doesn't matter? Its racist no matter the race of the officer? Got it.

So why was the school funding not received? You assume it was race based, I'm assuming it was something more complex.

Yes, Wells Fargo settled, but there was no clear evidence of discrimination. They argued latent discrimination which is impossible to prove or disprove.

"In its consent order with the government, Wells Fargo said it treated all its customers fairly and without regard to race and national origin. The bank said in a statement it was settling the matter "solely for the purpose of avoiding contested litigation" with the U.S. Justice Department."

I go through continuing education once a year and this case is reviewed every time. Wells Fargo was never going to win, nor would any bank versus the Justice Department. The narrative was set and statistics were used to match the narrative. Black customers did pay more, but saying race was the deciding factor is simplistic. Predatory business practices involves taking advantage of unsophisticated customers of any race and that can and does take place in any industry. I wonder if the Justice Department has looked into which race pays the most for cars?

So the race of cops ticketing bicyclists in poor black neighborhoods doesn't matter? Its racist no matter the race of the officer? Got it.

So why was the school funding not received? You assume it was race based, I'm assuming it was something more complex.

Yes, Wells Fargo settled, but there was no clear evidence of discrimination. They argued latent discrimination which is impossible to prove or disprove.

"In its consent order with the government, Wells Fargo said it treated all its customers fairly and without regard to race and national origin. The bank said in a statement it was settling the matter "solely for the purpose of avoiding contested litigation" with the U.S. Justice Department."

I go through continuing education once a year and this case is reviewed every time. Wells Fargo was never going to win, nor would any bank versus the Justice Department. The narrative was set and statistics were used to match the narrative. Black customers did pay more, but saying race was the deciding factor is simplistic. Predatory business practices involves taking advantage of unsophisticated customers of any race and that can and does take place in any industry. I wonder if the Justice Department has looked into which race pays the most for cars?
LOL, well I guess if Wells Fargo said they did nothing wrong they must be right. You're right about one thing, you assuming. Unfortunately, these have all been well documented. All 3 cases made life more difficult for minorities, and the result was known going in. These are just a sample of what has occurred in the Tampa Bay area. I'm sure other issues present themselves across the nation.

I'm feeling underappreciated BT. I was here for you all when you got owned in the last 2 elections. I will be here for you all in the event of a 3-peat. The rights complaints about liberals, minorities, and the gays being your roadblock to utopia has not fallen on deaf ears.

Reactions: btbones
I'm feeling underappreciated BT. I was here for you all when you got owned in the last 2 elections. I will be here for you all in the event of a 3-peat. The rights complaints about liberals, minorities, and the gays being your roadblock to utopia has not fallen on deaf ears.
I realize we all talk lots of shit on here but just fir the record that last sentence is def not who I am or how I raise my family . I'd be embarrassed for anyone to think that , not saying you do

Fine- the next time there's a violent extremist with a weapon holed up somewhere, we'll call you to go in and take him out, therefore saving everyone from the "possible future implications" of having a robot used in extremely rare instances.

K?
I didn't say I disagreed with it in that case, but as someone who grew up during the Cold War, I'm always weary of too much or unchecked control by "authorities." It's just in my nature.

Reactions: KingDavid
I didn't say I disagreed with it in that case, but as someone who grew up during the Cold War, I'm always weary of too much or unchecked control by "authorities." It's just in my nature.
I would be surprised if there were not already a policy in place for this in Dalls and many other PDs. Northrop Grumman has been advertising an offensive capability for these robots for years and I would think it has been considered during tabletop exercises and in planning events.

I wish the general public could understand how much planning, education, and training actually goes on in the course of a police department going about its business. There is a general stereotype of a dumb cop and I think many would be surprised at the professionalism of most organizations.

Michael Jordan is Uncle Tom cornball brother who isnotnfown for the struggle. Just another powerless victim minority in the white mans world

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT