ADVERTISEMENT

Danny White has some potential real problems

At what point is it not the coach but the institution that is the problem? If every coach has this problem, is it really an issue with the coach?

At what point is it not the coach but the institution that is the problem? If every coach has this problem, is it really an issue with the coach?
The SEC has been handed out money and going above and beyond what the rules are allowed for years. Auburn is notorious for this the most corrupt program in the country for years

The NCAA is going to lose in court and be out of making rules on NIL. The investigation didn’t find one violation by any UT employee. They are going after schools NIL collectives and trying to classify them under the old rules for boosters. They are investigation up to 20 schools right now. More states are going to join this lawsuit.

Danny White's defense is that everyone is doing it so we not guilty.
That's not the Defense at all. (Although thats what the talking heads aligned with the NCAA would have you believe)

It is about retroactive enforcement of completely ambiguous rules on the NIL set by the NCAA.

Do you think it's coincidence that Saban retired just after his NCAA protector Mark Emmert retired ?

Do you think it's coincidence that Saban retired just after his NCAA protector Mark Emmert retired ?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really don't know how to beat that into folks' head.

EDIT: For anyone living under a rock, Emmert was LSU's Chancellor and the athletics department was failing. Emmert hired sabahr and it saved the program.

sabahr went to Miami for one season. He learned about NFL draft measurables.

When he returned to college football at uat, he started recruiting high school players who met the standards of NFL players with regard to height, weight, speed, agility, wingspan, hand size, etc. (Same measurements taken at the NFL combine). He was the first to recruit like that.

When Emmert became NCAA president, sabahr had free reign to cheat, get rules passed, etc.

It is a new day for college football.

Last edited:
Former bammer speaks out against Tennessee.

Former Gus backstabber Kevin Steele speaks out in general on NIL:

I actually have to agree with the bammers on both takes.

Good luck trying to convince UCF fans to dislike or root against DW. He saved our Athletic Department
Y'all are seriously going to have to educate me on the history of UCF football. Y'all have more 'Saviors' than Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, Confucianism, Shintoism, and tribal/folk religions combined.

McDowell, O'Leary, Frost, Danny White...

I have trouble keeping tabs on Gus.

Danny White's defense is that everyone is doing it so we not guilty.
Doing what? The NCAA has zero to say on NIL. They’ll get sued and lose. It’s pay for play and that’s ok…it’s somewhat limiting the advantage SEC teams has for two decades by paying under the table.

I'm not too sure what the latest is, I'm just going off what Danny White response is off twitter. I read that and I stand by what I said that his defense is that, 'everyone is doing it so we not guilty." Looks like he trying to play politician. :

Here is former head coach violations.

Media Center 7/14/2023 11:00:00 AM Meghan Durham Wright

Hundreds of violations occurred in Tennessee football program over 3 seasons​

Former head coach violated head coach responsibility rules​

Y'all are seriously going to have to educate me on the history of UCF football. Y'all have more 'Saviors' than Hinduism, Buddhism, Wicca, Confucianism, Shintoism, and tribal/folk religions combined.

McDowell, O'Leary, Frost, Danny White...

I have trouble keeping tabs on Gus.
Gus hasn't won anything yet he is under Heupl so far, he needs to turn his recruiting into wins. 1 win against FL is offset by his bad losses e.g. Baylor

Frost is a hero as he didn't give up on the team in the peach bowl and kept coaching and won while doing his other job.

DW hired Frost and pushed the NC narrative. Paying bonuses etc.

Oleary and others foundation layers. personally I think Without Oleary Frost doesn't have the linemen to pull off 2017-18 season.

Gus hasn't won anything yet he is under Heupl so far, he needs to turn his recruiting into wins. 1 win against FL is offset by his bad losses e.g. Baylor

Frost is a hero as he didn't give up on the team in the peach bowl and kept coaching and won while doing his other job.

Oleary and others foundation layers. personally I think Without Oleary Frost doesn't have the linemen to pull off 2017-18 season.

He would further raise the moniker already bestowed upon him by UCF….”The Greatest AD in America”.

Star Trek Pic GIF

Everything Gus did he first two seasons at UCF he did with Josh Heupel recruits, which were ranked nationally in the 60s-80s. UCF went to the Big 12 and every coach you mentioned would have struggled out of the gate.

Heupel's first two seasons were with Frost's recruits. Once he got his guys in there, he got the hell out of a down-trending program.

Frost used UCF as a stepping stone and left the program after his ONE and ONLY winning season.

If Frost was such a "great" coach, he would have gotten DW's FIRST CALL. Instead, DW called Heupel, who in just two seasons has Tennessee back under NCAA investigation AFTER having just been under NCAA investigation.

The Tennessee football program has been under NCAA investigation 31 of the last 37 months.

Greatest AD my azz.

There gonna litigate this and they will run the NCAAs attorney fees so high they will submit and UT will get a slap at best. I don’t know if they did anything wrong or not But they will outspend the NCAA into submission.
I guess I might be a little ignorant on this—But does Tennessee really have more financial backing than the entire NCAA?

I guess I might be a little ignorant on this—But does Tennessee really have more financial backing than the entire NCAA?
Ironically yes I talked with a Big 12 coach who told me the agenda of all these big schools that have problems with the ncaa is they litigate as long as they can n outspend the ncaa on fees and costs until the ncaa gives a lenient punishment.

Some of the coaches were on tape giving money out ( before NIL) n I didn’t understand how they didn’t get crushed n he explained it to me

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Star Trek Pic GIF

Everything Gus did he first two seasons at UCF he did with Josh Heupel recruits, which were ranked nationally in the 60s-80s. UCF went to the Big 12 and every coach you mentioned would have struggled out of the gate.

Heupel's first two seasons were with Frost's recruits. Once he got his guys in there, he got the hell out of a down-trending program.

Frost used UCF as a stepping stone and left the program after his ONE and ONLY winning season.

If Frost was such a "great" coach, he would have gotten DW's FIRST CALL. Instead, DW called Heupel, who in just two seasons has Tennessee back under NCAA investigation AFTER having just been under NCAA investigation.

The Tennessee football program has been under NCAA investigation 31 of the last 37 months.

Greatest AD my azz.
1. Hired Frosty
2. Hired Heup, who used those players to have another two seasons of success before trending downward.
3. When he (White) went to Tenn they had to pay UCF 2.5 million.
4. Hired Heupel at Tenn, resulting in Tenn having to pay UCF 3.5 million. Indirectly got rid of a faltering Heupel from UCF.
5. Hired Dawkins (honestly the last 4 years have been poor and I thought he should have been fired but he has rebounded this season. We’ll see how it all pans out)
6. Hired Greg Lovelady…meh. It really is a shame the 2020 season was shut down as UCF had started 15-3.
7. Cindy Ball-Malone for women’s softball. Highly successful.
8. Katie Abrahamson-Henderson in women’s basketball. Highly successful.
9. Dana Boone in women’s track. Highly successful.
10. John Roddick was very successful overseeing both men’s and women’s tennis programs.

And we will always have this….

After the Fiesta Bowl was won, Danny White looking into a camera and stating,”National Champs…Undefeated.” Referred to our league as “A Power 6 Conference”. Ragged on the CFP Committee for “obvious bias” towards P5 programs. Guy was all in….a legend.

Last edited:
1. Hired Frosty
2. Hired Heup, who used those players to have another two seasons of success before trending downward.
4. Hired Heupel at Tenn, resulting in Tenn having to pay UCF 3.5 million. Indirectly got rid of a faltering Heupel from UCF.
5. Hired Dawkins (honestly the last 4 years have been poor and I thought he should have been fired but he has rebounded this season. We’ll see how it all pans out)
6. Hired Greg Lovelady…meh. It really is a shame the 2020 season was shut down as UCF had started 15-3.
10. John Rodrick was very successful overseeing both men’s and women’s tennis programs.

After the Fiesta Bowl was won, Danny White looking into a camera and stating,”National Champs…Undefeated.” Guy was all in.
You are overloading the one trick pony AL with facts and he has NO historical perspective on UCF as he is only here for Gus no more.

Ironically yes I talked with a Big 12 coach who told me the agenda of all these big schools that have problems with the ncaa is they litigate as long as they can n outspend the ncaa on fees and costs until the ncaa gives a lenient punishment.

Some of the coaches were on tape giving money out ( before NIL) n I didn’t understand how they didn’t get crushed n he explained it to me
NCAA is nonprofit I believe. Not sure how much they budget per year on legal fees but I’m guessing it’s not enough if they can’t even penalize schools for breaking rules without being sued. So yes the NCAA should just disband.

Reactions: connerito
1. Hired Frosty
10. John Rodrick was very successful overseeing both men’s and women’s tennis programs.

After the Fiesta Bowl was won, Danny White looking into a camera and stating,”National Champs…Undefeated.” Referred to our league as “A Power 6 Conference”. Ragged on the CFP Committee for “obvious bias” towards P5 programs. Guy was all in….a legend.
7-10 are excellent hires. All those coaches are still at UCF.

1-4 can be viewed as good or bad.

UCF certainly became wealthier as a result of buyouts.

5-6 jury still out.

You are overloading the one trick pony AL with facts and he has NO historical perspective on UCF as he is only here for Gus no more.
And that matters?

It sounds like what you are saying is only people who were born fans of UCF are welcome.

Last edited:
But...but...but...everybody is doing it....

Uh...No they aren't...and, if they are the big bad boogey man NCAA coming after you. LOL.

NIL was never intended to be used in recruiting. Although, it has become that way and why it's considered the wild west.

from the link above:

What is NCAA investigating at Tennessee?

According to the New York Times, the NCAA’s search at Tennessee centers around the use of a private plane to fly Tennessee quarterback Nico Iamaleava to Knoxville while he was a recruit, with funds for the plane raised by boosters.

from knoxville paper:

Nico Iamaleava, NIL and NCAA's investigation into Tennessee: A full timeline of events​

Nov. 27, 2021: Iamaleava makes his first unofficial visit to Tennessee.

Under NCAA rules, players must pay their own expenses for unofficial visits. Those are routine for any recruit. According to 247Sports, Iamaleava had already taken unofficial visits to Georgia, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Alabama.

Unspecified date: On Jan. 30, the day the NCAA investigation into Tennessee's NIL practices came to light, The New York Times reported that Spyre had facilitated a private jet for Iamaleava to fly to Knoxville while UT was recruiting him. If the NCAA deemed Spyre or the person who provided the plane as a booster, that would be a violation.

And that matters?

It sounds like what you are saying is only people who were born fans of UCF are welcome.
That’s not what he is saying dummy. He is saying that you arrived on the tails of Malzahn and you don’t know the history of their program to form a credible opinion on what AD or coach have been the best for UCF.

Shut up Malzahn acolyte.

That’s not what he is saying dummy. He is saying that you arrived on the tails of Malzahn and you don’t know the history of their program to form a credible opinion on what AD or coach have been the best for UCF.
I thought he was saying.....

McDowell is the only savior as all others simply built on what he saved. UCF football wasn't about to be canned before O'Leary, nor before Frost, but it was after the disaster of Saban. PS Malzahn is simply at the level of Kruczek, but with this recruiting cycle and conference elevation has a chance of being a good/great HC, but not a savior, since football wasn't about to be canned.

The AD at the time Bill Peterson was the real problem Funny thing is McDowell took over the AD spot too when he was the coach. Lou Sabin brought good publicity down here and actually his teams were decent ( for the first real football team with scholarships) , but you knew he was not gonna stay very long which was the problem. McDowell helped on two different levels as the coach and the athletic Director.

But...but...but...everybody is doing it....

Uh...No they aren't...and, if they are the big bad boogey man NCAA coming after you. LOL.

NIL was never intended to be used in recruiting. Although, it has become that way and why it's considered the wild west.

from the link above:

What is NCAA investigating at Tennessee?

According to the New York Times, the NCAA’s search at Tennessee centers around the use of a private plane to fly Tennessee quarterback Nico Iamaleava to Knoxville while he was a recruit, with funds for the plane raised by boosters.
Nico is from California. It is and was legal then for him to sign a NIL deal as a high school player. He signed Spyre Sports Group as his agent. After he signed with his agent, the agent paid for the plane. They gave all of the receipts to the NCAA.
All the other collectives are using the same contract to sign players that Nico signed.
It won’t matter anyway. The NCAA is not going to be able to punish anyone when it comes to NIL after the Tennessee and Virginia lawsuit is over.

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT