ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Nebraska Fans (Nebraska fan here)

Husker Andy

High School Harry
May 13, 2009
Ho-lee crapola!

This is why we can't have nice things. Way too many posts (now mine too) from Husker Nation. Listen, if we just lost successful coach x to team x would you want that fanbase taking up 15-20% of total posts on our home board? Would you be mad and not want to deal with the thinly veiled backhanded well-wishing?

UCF fans are going to say a variety of things right now because they aren't happy with Forst and Nebraska. That will be including the typical stuff we hear from either coast, but that is their right. This is their board. When we try to engage that stuff or worst, start our own discussions on their board (like this one....the hypocrisy is not lost on me) we make ourselves look like insecure internet tough guys.

The deed is done, just wish them well and go. Let's get back to being elated that we scored one of the top national candidates and for once in the past 20 years there seems to be a mending of the fracture within our fanbase. Let us celebrate with class. On our board.

So no backhanded well-wishing. Genuinely, good luck UCF. I am sorry the <5% of us has spoiled your view point on us. I promise if we every play one another. You will come away liking us. The internet is full of trolls and "tough guys", we are far from an exception to that rule.

C'mon boys, it is just 3 clicks home.

Ho-lee crapola!

This is why we can't have nice things. Way too many posts (now mine too) from Husker Nation. Listen, if we just lost successful coach x to team x would you want that fanbase taking up 15-20% of total posts on our home board? Would you be mad and not want to deal with the thinly veiled backhanded well-wishing?

UCF fans are going to say a variety of things right now because they aren't happy with Forst and Nebraska. That will be including the typical stuff we hear from either coast, but that is their right. This is their board. When we try to engage that stuff or worst, start our own discussions on their board (like this one....the hypocrisy is not lost on me) we make ourselves look like insecure internet tough guys.

The deed is done, just wish them well and go. Let's get back to being elated that we scored one of the top national candidates and for once in the past 20 years there seems to be a mending of the fracture within our fanbase. Let us celebrate with class. On our board.

So no backhanded well-wishing. Genuinely, good luck UCF. I am sorry the <5% of us has spoiled your view point on us. I promise if we every play one another. You will come away liking us. The internet is full of trolls and "tough guys", we are far from an exception to that rule.

C'mon boys, it is just 3 clicks home.

Thanks

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide

I understand why they do and why some are still here. This isn't a cheap shot either. College football fandom, for many people, is about trash talking...even in good fun. They are 4-8.They have been mediocre for 16 years. They have had ZERO to trash talk ANYONE about in a loooooong time. This is their first shot in awhile, so some are taking it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT