ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

If the ACC falls apart, I don't see Boston College or Syracuse finding homes in the Big10 or Big12. I'm just happy that the UCF Sleeping Giant woke up in time to find a home. The teams I believe will jump into the ACC will be from the Sun Belt, AAC, and CUSA. I can see USF, Memphis, Marshall, Liberty, and a couple of others making the move to the ACC but the competition will not be anything near what it was prior to 7-8 teams jumping ship.
If that happens, it will be a G6 league

Reactions: rainman614
Nope . At least when UCF got carried away w delusions we were winning multiple conference championships and were undefeated.

They deserve nothing for being reactive.
I don’t think we were ever delusional after starting a football program in 2004. We did everything to build the infrastructure of a “P5” program, and on top of that we have been successful on the field since 2004, by almost any measurable means of record/accomplishments with our record.

Reactions: Shark19
It could. I'm of the opinion that we wait and see what happens to FSU and the ACC before any decisions are made to add new members to any conference. If the ACC falls apart, I'd rather get teams from there before we add any teams the AAC. As much as I'd love to keep playing USF and Memphis, it might be more fun to play Virginia Tech, Miami, and NC State every year. With the new bullet train to Miami, it might be a neat way to get down there for a game. Especially if you can take over multiple cars with UCF fans.
“The Brightline Battle” have a train trophy…perfect

Matt from the Orlando Sentinel took the Brightline to the Orange Bowl 🍊. He liked it and most reviews of it are pretty good

it is nice to have that option . imagine some UCF students and parents are utilizing it from Palm,
Broward , & Dade

Reactions: beelit47
Matt from the Orlando Sentinel took the Brightline to the Orange Bowl 🍊. He liked it and most reviews of it are pretty good

it is nice to have that option . imagine some UCF students and parents are utilizing it from Palm,
Broward , & Dade
I'm gonna try out "premium" ticket from Boca to Orlando for the UCF FAU baseball game in March.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
isn’t the “Big 12” borderline at this juncture too?
If this was 2 years ago, I would agree with you. With 4 more teams joining next year, the Conference is only improving. Currently, the only thing lacking in the Conference are flagship teams as Texas and Oklahoma are gone after this year. Outside of FSU and Clemson, there is little brand recognition for football. The difference between the ACC and Big12 is that teams are not actively trying to leave the Big 12.

Currently, the only thing lacking in the Conference are flagship teams as Texas and Oklahoma are gone after this year.
Why do you think those 'flagship' teams are leaving? We're moving away from the old P5 days to a new P2 World with the B1G and SEC.

If this was 2 years ago, I would agree with you. With 4 more teams joining next year, the Conference is only improving. Currently, the only thing lacking in the Conference are flagship teams as Texas and Oklahoma are gone after this year. Outside of FSU and Clemson, there is little brand recognition for football. The difference between the ACC and Big12 is that teams are not actively trying to leave the Big 12.
the Pac additions make it better than a broken up ACC. Also the football fanbases are better and basketball speaks for itself

And Yormack getting the tv deal locked in answers this question . with another commissioner maybe things don’t turn out so good for UCF and the Big12

Now the idiots are saying they forced Sabin into retirement (5 pg thread), along with Bobby Bowden years ago

Most idiotic fanbase EVER
so the implication is that their program is so lowly regarded that being in a close game with them means it's time to hang it up. georgia southern rushed for over 300 yards against them some years back and saban was so embarrassed by it that he talked about it all the time as a warning to his players about what happens when you don't take an opponent seriously. that embarrassment didn't drive him to retirement, but being in a close game against USF did.

GENSHAFTED:

The document also provides a better peek at how much it cost for the Bulls to fire Scott and his staff. USF reported just under $2.2 million in football severance payments for coaches and administrators. Scott’s full buyout is unknown because deals with the school’s fundraising arm, the USF Foundation, are not public. The Bulls also reported $478,000 in severance payments for men’s basketball; they fired coach Brian Gregory in March.

The school posted a $135,000 deficit — $70.6 million in operating revenue against $70.7 million in operating expenses.

Who is going to lend them 200 million when they lost 135,000 in one year? Where is the income?​

"The Bulls receive state authorization to borrow up to $200 million for the 35,000-seat stadium."

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Yeah, their broke asses wouldn’t pass for credit with my company.

“Athletic debt rose from $28.8 million to $32.7 million. That’s notable as the Bulls pursue a $340 million on-campus football stadium that includes up to $200 million in debt.

USF’s athletic annual debt service increased slightly to $2.6 million in the latest report.”

From googlin’…now that’s some fuzzy math…

The estimated cost for a new stadium is $340 million. The approval by the board authorizes the USF Financing Corp. to issue a debt of $200 million that the university will repay from several sources, including operating revenues from the stadium and other revenues generated by USF Athletics. In the plan provided to the board, USF also identified the funding sources that will be used to support the other $140 million on the project: Cash advances on future capital gifts ($50 million); Capital Improvement Trust Fund ($31 million); auxiliary funds and proceeds from a 2017 FCC auction ($34 million); and contingent cash contribution from the sale of educational broadband service licenses ($25 million-$40 million).

GENSHAFTED:

The document also provides a better peek at how much it cost for the Bulls to fire Scott and his staff. USF reported just under $2.2 million in football severance payments for coaches and administrators. Scott’s full buyout is unknown because deals with the school’s fundraising arm, the USF Foundation, are not public. The Bulls also reported $478,000 in severance payments for men’s basketball; they fired coach Brian Gregory in March.

The school posted a $135,000 deficit — $70.6 million in operating revenue against $70.7 million in operating expenses.
Honestly, that is not too bad. UCF was running at a loss for several years prior to getting the stadium. If they could keep a coach around that would turn around the team, engage fans, and get support from the community, they would be in a great position. However, they need to find a George O'Leary type of coach that wants to stay and make that happen. Even in GOL's bad years, we had a team that wasn't blown out on the field every week, the fans came out, and the community rallied around the home town team. I don't know if their current coach will stay or if he is looking for a greener pasture.

Really? You think so?

I don't seem to remember it that way.
The first year we went 0-12 we still had 15-20K in the seats. We were competitive in each of the games and we were blown out. The only games that we were destroyed in were West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Penn State and they were all ranked teams. We may have lost one other game but it was in the 4th quarter the score looks bad but the game was competitive for ~45 minutes. The fact that when UCF beat Marshall in 2005 after some 20 consecutive losses, we had fans that stormed the field and took down the goal posts. We still hold the CUSA record for fans in attendance at a CCG and at Conference Games as we had 53k+ in the old Tangerine Bowl.

Even when we had our bad seasons, we were not in the same pit as USF. We haven't been in the position of 4-5 years where we won only 4 games. At that point, HS kids and college kids just look at the program like it is a joke. For USF's program, the fact that they only lost ~$150K doesn't put them in that bad of a position. I'm assuming they are at or near rock bottom last year and that this year they should start seeing their athletics turning around because they had tremendous success on the field because they won a bowl game. They still have a lot of work to do, but for their team to be invited to the next level, they need to be firing on all cylinders for more than 1-2 years.

Just to be the one pointing out the non-joke.... what if this is an attempt to get taxpayer $$$ to pay for their gold toliet stadium? UCF should do the same, maybe that and the Hula Bowl would get us free money for additions. AND if that works, let's put in for the....... Bed Racing championship, the bottle kicking championship, the extreme ironing championship, the haggis hurling championship, the worm charming championship, the unicycle football championship, and the toe wrestling championship. (all are real, just listen to a fun BBC radio show of Unbelievable Truths.) PS bottle kicking involved a keg so is probably the best sport ever.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Kelly is a clown and continues to demonstrate why that school to the west is bush and desperate for inclusion. This is a feeble attempt to solicit future revenue and sway the argument that building this dumb stadium is a good idea. I’d LOL if Raymond James submits an offer to host. This provides much less risk because the stadium actually exists, an NFL caliber stadium w/many amenities, and holds more people and parking options. Nobody wants to go to that silly school to watch a football game.

My nephew goes to USiF and noted many of the students are pissed about investing in a stadium when they don’t have working elevators in the buildings. He even jokes about how abysmal their athletics are and what little interest resonates w/the student body. He is also considering transferring to UCF if funding is available as they gave him a bunch of scholarship money to go to school there which can be hard to give up. As a commuter student, he goes on-site for classes and spends as little time on campus as possible. More to come.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT