ADVERTISEMENT

Directv loyalty discount

UCF87

Bronze Knight
May 29, 2001
Cleveland, TN
Those of you that are long time customers, you can call and get a “Loyalty Discount” and get $30 off your bill for a year.

Those of you that are long time customers, you can call and get a “Loyalty Discount” and get $30 off your bill for a year.

Or you could get $200 off of your bill for the rest of your life and cut DTV like I did.

$80 still not bad for Directv and my Wife won’t give up certain ones like Lifetime... but just thought I would mention it in case others want to call..

True. I am doing PlayStation Vue, Netflix, and internet all for about $98 a month right now. PSV is a real game-changer for those who want to cut. I get all the live sports I want and local channels, too.

Reactions: UCFWayne

As a long time customer with them, I have my bill down to about $60 per month with them...just have to speak to a manager who has been with them for a long time (not some AT&T employee).

Reactions: UCF87
I'm around $100 for DSL (my only option) and their mid-tier package for all 2 years. If I had a faster Internet option, I would drop them. But I cannot, as my wife expects TV.

I have cable with HBO and Showtime, Hulu, Netflix,Amazon. I Sincerely look forward to the eventual consolidation of this entire industry.

Reactions: UCFBS
I have cable with HBO and Showtime, Hulu, Netflix,Amazon. I Sincerely look forward to the eventual consolidation of this entire industry.
Hopefully with a multicast backbone, because unicast is orders of magnitude less efficient -- at least for live and fixed events.

I always loved the original promise (in the '90s) of being able to watch a game live, and choose my commentator -- like Marc Daniels -- and other graphics. Nope, every content owner has fought it, because they know they would lose control.

That's why I see the complete revolution in another decade or so.

I always loved the original promise (in the '90s) of being able to watch a game live, and choose my commentator -- like Marc Daniels
I always listen to Marc while watching games. Just Bluetooth the sound from phone to sound bar. You have to pause the tv until it syncs up but it's worth it. Might take you a couple plays to get it synced up perfectly. The more you do it the better you get at it.

Spectrum offered me a free week of their streaming option. It's $21 a month and you get 5 local channels + 10 of your choice. Figured I'd give it a shot and found out it doesn't work with fire stick.

@NinjaKnight who are you using for internet and what speed? You're obviously getting a great deal on that side

Spectrum offered me a free week of their streaming option. It's $21 a month and you get 5 local channels + 10 of your choice. Figured I'd give it a shot and found out it doesn't work with fire stick.

@NinjaKnight who are you using for internet and what speed? You're obviously getting a great deal on that side

Cox, they suck but its $70 for 300 Mbps.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
I had to ditch Hulu. Such shitty streaming service on every device I had. Just gotta keep up the with the Spectrum DVR

playstation vue has unlimited dvr its pretty awesome. only thing is, after 30 days they get purged. i havent really felt the need to get them after that long to be honest. most channels have on demand anyways.

I’d love to cut cable but my wife has about 20 shows a week she DVRs. I only watch Tosh, South Park and Bar Rescue.

I love South Park but I sense it'll be ending soon. The past few seasons have been fairly "meh" and ratings are down.

I doubt CC would pull the plug since SP still generates a lot of money for little cost, but Trey and Matt may move on soon.

Reactions: crambone
I just made the switch from Playstation Vue to Youtube TV before they raised their price to $40 so I'm locked in at $35. Vue is awesome, but for $12 a month less(including taxes), the only channel I lost that I really watched at all is NFL Network, but then I also picked up some channels I didn't have including all local channels even though I have an antenna. Youtube TV also has unlimited recordings and keeps them for 9 months compared to Vue's 30 days.

Speaking of Comedy Central, that was the biggest loss I had when switching from cable to the Vue....more specifically South Park since Futurama made the switch to syfy. However, the South Park website offers all their episodes free to watch and the new episodes are available the day after they air. With that available, the rest of CC is forgettable.

the only thing i really miss on ps vue is the history channel and comedy central for south park like you said. other ways get those though.

I just made the switch from Playstation Vue to Youtube TV before they raised their price to $40 so I'm locked in at $35. Vue is awesome, but for $12 a month less(including taxes), the only channel I lost that I really watched at all is NFL Network, but then I also picked up some channels I didn't have including all local channels even though I have an antenna. Youtube TV also has unlimited recordings and keeps them for 9 months compared to Vue's 30 days.

Speaking of Comedy Central, that was the biggest loss I had when switching from cable to the Vue....more specifically South Park since Futurama made the switch to syfy. However, the South Park website offers all their episodes free to watch and the new episodes are available the day after they air. With that available, the rest of CC is forgettable.

Comedy Central really sucks now. South Park is the last remaining show on that network that i have any desire to watch.

I always listen to Marc while watching games. Just Bluetooth the sound from phone to sound bar. You have to pause the tv until it syncs up but it's worth it. Might take you a couple plays to get it synced up perfectly. The more you do it the better you get at it.
The original promise of the Multicast Bone of the Internet was that you wouldn't need to sync content from multiple providers. ;)

SIDE NOTE: I've written a bit of software using the RTSP protocol back in the '00s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT