ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Cartwright UCF President

UCF made this game a cakewalk for Colorado. It looked like the Knights didn't want to be on the football field to compete. No effort should be more upsetting than the loss, itself. Tonight, no Waffle House for Gus.😞

Please fire AD Terry Mohajir and HFC Gus Malzahn. Mohajir won't fire Malzahn because he believes Malzahn can do no wrong. Which fan base Hates their HFC more? UCF, Notre Dame or LSU?
We were they only newcomer to make a bowl last year. All three of our teams made postseason in our first big 12 year. I think that’s a success. There was no reason to fire Gus at this time. Should he not have decent success this year? I think it gets addressed. I got no problem with TM. He has brought money into the program and has upgraded the facilities big time. Dr. Cartwright too. The baseball hire was a good hire into the big 12. I think adjustments will be made if results do not come.

Cartwright isn't gonna do anything lol, he's not a guy like Hitt with athletics vision/passion. Gus' contract goes thru '27 so I'm gonna go ahead and say were riding with him for at least 2 more seasons unless the wheels really fall off because I doubt TMo is gonna pay a buyout. We're still far out, but I don't know how we get a more talented team next year with all the seniors so maybe it does end up happening sooner rather than later.

Cartwright isn't gonna do anything lol, he's not a guy like Hitt with athletics vision/passion. Gus' contract goes thru '27 so I'm gonna go ahead and say were riding with him for at least 2 more seasons unless the wheels really fall off because I doubt TMo is gonna pay a buyout. We're still far out, but I don't know how we get a more talented team next year with all the seniors so maybe it does end up happening sooner rather than later.
So you're saying these "public servants" give so little consideration to the big donors, alumni and all of their other constituents that they would let the "wheels fall off" before they do anything? What a sad commentary on UCF and its "leadership".

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
UCF hasn’t been the same since Whitaker got screwed over.

I hope some other school hires TMO, he isn’t a good AD

Please fire AD Terry Mohajir and HFC Gus Malzahn. Mohajir won't fire Malzahn because he believes Malzahn can do no wrong. Which fan base Hates their HFC more? UCF, Notre Dame or LSU?
How many Millions of $$$ are you going to donate to make the above happen? Oh...thats right....ZERO. Just like you won't donate anything to help hire the NEXT coach in line.

How many Millions of $$$ are you going to donate to make the above happen? Oh...thats right....ZERO. Just like you won't donate anything to help hire the NEXT coach in line.
Gus has got a chance to turn things around at UF this weekend. Let's see how he does. He either reinvigorates the program or digs a deeper hole. In regard to donations, there are $M donors who want Gus gone so they will contribute. The AD should never have extended him based on "the great recruiting job he's doing". His performance at UCF has been average at best and you don't extend average results.

Last edited:
Gus has got a chance to turn things around at UF this weekend. Let's see how he does. He either reinvigorates the program or digs a deeper hole. In regard to donations, there are $M donors who want Gus gone so they will contribute. The GM should never have extended him based on "the great recruiting job he's doing". His performance at UCF has been average at best and you don't extend average results.
Gus will turn it around or he won't, it's not rocket science.

Also, UCF donations have never been greater...and most realize UCF probably doesn't have e the $$$ to buyout Gus...then buyout the next coach's contract and then pay a much higher yearly guaranteed contract with an even higher buyout for the next guy.

A few million won't cover much of anything in a HC buyout, buyout and hire.

have we already spent the full conference payout next year (with big raises for this coaching staff)? this is what we're doing with half, so i expect us to be able to afford more with a whole.

While I appreciate your perspective, how many of the ones donating million$ now are going to continue to do so when the results are consistently subpar? How many are going to continue to shell out thousand$ (my 3 football tix, BB tix, GKC donation, and parking costs me about $7K/year) when we’re 6-7 every year? New P4 conference affiliation & 2017-2018 season enthusiasm has been the impetus for our amazing fundraising results. But that money will dry up quick when it’s not paying dividends on the field. Money talks. I’m hoping Gus turns it around starting in Gainesville this weekend. I’ll be there screaming my lungs out. But without consistent results, the money pot is going to eventually dry up.

While I appreciate your perspective, how many of the ones donating million$ now are going to continue to do so when the results are consistently subpar? How many are going to continue to shell out thousand$ (my 3 football tix, BB tix, GKC donation, and parking costs me about $7K/year) when we’re 6-7 every year? New P4 conference affiliation & 2017-2018 season enthusiasm has been the impetus for our amazing fundraising results. But that money will dry up quick when it’s not paying dividends on the field. Money talks. I’m hoping Gus turns it around starting in Gainesville this weekend. I’ll be there screaming my lungs out. But without consistent results, the money pot is going to eventually dry up.
Many. Tks.

Most of our big donors have been here for the long haul and are not going to quit in year 2 of being in a P4 Conf.

Gus has got a chance to turn things around at UF this weekend. Let's see how he does. He either reinvigorates the program or digs a deeper hole. In regard to donations, there are $M donors who want Gus gone so they will contribute. The AD should never have extended him based on "the great recruiting job he's doing". His performance at UCF has been average at best and you don't extend average results.
I really wish I could believe that Gus can pull it off Saturday. I've just lost all hope in him. Can only let down people so many times before they stop believing in you.

Reactions: Yaes
I really wish I could believe that Gus can pull it off Saturday. I've just lost all hope in him. Can only let down people so many times before they stop believing in you.
I'm with you, but he's lost me for this week at least. I realized I don't have the SEC network. Would get it for the month but, I don't really want to watch another humiliating game. Here's hoping there's enough self motivation with the players where they can out play their own HC! Then, I'd gladly buy the thing for the month to watch the replay.

I'm with you, but he's lost me for this week at least. I realized I don't have the SEC network. Would get it for the month but, I don't really want to watch another humiliating game. Here's hoping there's enough self motivation with the players where they can out play their own HC! Then, I'd gladly buy the thing for the month to watch the replay.
See if YouTube TV has a free trial. It’s on there.

We probably get blown out by cincy next week

I only adopted it recently. But if you were around in 2015, there were people saying we needed to move on him before he was taken by someone else... the EXACT SAME argument! :)

Only Chadwell would probably double the cost in his buyout over just firing Gus alone. Now that's some massively primo, 3rd grader financial math atop of that!!!

No, I was a 'nuthugger' (although very pro-Frost when his name came up). My point is...

Those complaining Gus must go now, or the program will never recover if it's not done today, and barking various names that will cost even more money to buy out...

Are literally the type of emotional, illogical people who were screaming for Dino. I just want people to be logical, not 3rd graders who haven't done the math.

Saying Chadwell now, immediately, without question is utterly ****ing laughable at the sheer cost. Same with people who say it's worth the cost. They literally expose how they don't know jack, and why we ignore them.

Even Auburn fans are telling the very small minority who are stupidly still blaming Gus 4 years later that Gus had nothing to do with Harsin, and Harsin is really just the primo ****ing example of how and why illogical boosters and fans can **** a program.

But that doesn't stop them, sadly. They are not self-aware, and even Freeze has a lot of people pissed of right now. He throws his own kids under-the-bus, and many players and parents are crossing Auburn off their list for that reason.

None of that has anything to with Gus. In fact, most of the people I talked to who wanted Gus gone would rather have Gus still there than what Freeze is doing to their recruiting future.

And most agree what they let select Boosters and fans do to Harsin is their main issue too.

So do you even think how Gus's boring offense and sad state are effecting money versus his buyout. For example, if UCF sells 20000 less tickets for a game at $60 a ticket, UCF is losing 1,200,000 a game. Over the last 3 games of this season that is 3,600,000 in lost revenue. Over a 6 games season 7,200,000. That doesn't include food sales, merchandising, etc. Then we have boosters withdrawing donations due to Grandpa BOOM another source of revenue gone. Former players are tearing Gus apart on social media and players are decommiting. This is an issue. But you take is we should stay the course and become USF.

and as others have posted your obsession with Babers is comical. You realize he was 37-19 and had won his division every year before going to Syracuse. And Babers had a double digit win season at Syracuse something that hadn't been done in 15 years (2001 Paul Pasqualoni). So as some have said maybe it has something to do with the school as well. We will never know how he may have fared at AAC UCF versus ACC Syracuse. (I'm glad we got Frost obviously)

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
So do you even think how Gus's boring offense and sad state are effecting money versus his buyout. For example, if UCF sells 20000 less tickets for a game at $60 a ticket, UCF is losing 1,200,000 a game. Over the last 3 games of this season that is 3,600,000 in lost revenue. Over a 6 games season 7,200,000. That doesn't include food sales, merchandising, etc. Then we have boosters withdrawing donations due to Grandpa BOOM another source of revenue gone. Former players are tearing Gus apart on social media and players are decommiting. This is an issue. But you take is we should stay the course and become USF.

and as others have posted your obsession with Babers is comical. You realize he was 37-19 and had won his division every year before going to Syracuse. And Babers had a double digit win season at Syracuse something that hadn't been done in 15 years (2001 Paul Pasqualoni). So as some have said maybe it has something to do with the school as well. We will never know how he may have fared at AAC UCF versus ACC Syracuse. (I'm glad we got Frost obviously)
I understand what you’re saying about the money That being said, Babers was never the answer. He got lucky with Baylor at its high time which took him to some jobs where the rosters were loaded. At Syracuse, he showed his wear. Way overrated, Coach.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
I understand what you’re saying about the money That being said, Babers was never the answer. He got lucky with Baylor at its high time which took him to some jobs where the rosters were loaded. At Syracuse, he showed his wear. Way overrated, Coach.
I agree about babers. I was just showing the stats for the ding dong that can't seem to let babers go and brings it up in every post. He cherrynpicks the one guy at a hard school that didn't become Saban. Let's face it half the coaches we may suggest as a new coach may fail, even with past success.

So do you even think how Gus's boring offense and sad state are effecting money versus his buyout. For example, if UCF sells ...
You can argue this all you want. But you still do not 'get it.' Even if what you say is true -- and it's not for the overwhelming supermajority of real boosters, just like with O'Leary before that -- you keep assuming Gus' replacement will be better. I can give you a crapload of programs where it did not, and so few where it did!

Especially Auburn! Nearly all the Auburn graduates I personally know and work with up here in Alabama are literally tired of people blaming Gus for Harsin, let alone Freeze. They even tell them to shutup around here. There are very few of them, and even the people who wanted Gus fired are tired of Freeze not only sucking, but throwing the kids under the bus.

Most common phrase here? "We fired Gus to get ... this?" Recruits don't want to play for Auburn now! At least Gus could recruit, because he treated them well! Everyone needs to throw articles from 2019-2022 in the trash, and recognize what Auburn is in 2024 ... the new Nebraska! Even their fans admit it!

... But you take is we should stay the course and become USF.
The Cows became the Cows because they kept hiring and firing coaches, while not investing in the program, let alone raiding their academic donations and funds. In fact, it was not because of lack of results, it was because they expected unrealistic, statistically unlikely results, constantly, with no dips.

This is a regression year. Chill. It's people like yourself expecting no regressions at all, that are the problem. Thankfully, our real boosters are not like this. :)

and as others have posted your obsession with Babers is comical.
Because what is being posted is almost verbatim 2015 about Babers! From how we're going to 'miss out' on him to other things! It's like listening to a broken record from 9 years ago!

You realize he was 37-19 and had won his division every year before going to Syracuse. And Babers had a double digit win season at Syracuse something that hadn't been done in 15 years (2001 Paul Pasqualoni). So as some have said maybe it has something to do with the school as well. We will never know how he may have fared at AAC UCF versus ACC Syracuse.
No we won't. But ... Babers was 37-19 in the MAC. Gus did that easily in the AAC too. That's what I mean about illogical!

(I'm glad we got Frost obviously)
But people like me were open to Frost, when he was pointed out. I don't want the same, loudmouth people to push this BS ... again! Thankfully we had Hitt and Danny and they made the right decision.

You can argue this all you want. But you still do not 'get it.' Even if what you say is true -- and it's not for the overwhelming supermajority of real boosters, just like with O'Leary before that -- you keep assuming Gus' replacement will be better. I can give you a crapload of programs where it did not, and so few where it did!

Especially Auburn! Nearly all the Auburn graduates I personally know and work with up here in Alabama are literally tired of people blaming Gus for Harsin, let alone Freeze. They even tell them to shutup around here. There are very few of them, and even the people who wanted Gus fired are tired of Freeze not only sucking, but throwing the kids under the bus.

Most common phrase here? "We fired Gus to get ... this?" Recruits don't want to play for Auburn now! At least Gus could recruit, because he treated them well! Everyone needs to throw articles from 2019-2022 in the trash, and recognize what Auburn is in 2024 ... the new Nebraska! Even their fans admit it!

The Cows became the Cows because they kept hiring and firing coaches, while not investing in the program, let alone raiding their academic donations and funds. In fact, it was not because of lack of results, it was because they expected unrealistic, statistically unlikely results, constantly, with no dips.

This is a regression year. Chill. It's people like yourself expecting no regressions at all, that are the problem. Thankfully, our real boosters are not like this. :)

Because what is being posted is almost verbatim 2015 about Babers! From how we're going to 'miss out' on him to other things! It's like listening to a broken record from 9 years ago!

No we won't. But ... Babers was 37-19 in the MAC. Gus did that easily in the AAC too. That's what I mean about illogical!

But people like me were open to Frost, when he was pointed out. I don't want the same, loudmouth people to push this BS ... again! Thankfully we had Hitt and Danny and they made the right decision.

1st babers did something in the MAC that Gus never did in the AAC, he won a confernce title, he actually won conference titles 3 out of the 4 years he was coaching in the MAC and the other year he win the division but not the conference.
Regression year or regression tenure:

9-4
9-5
6-7
probaby 3-9 or 4-8.

and how can you say this is not true for a supermajority of big boosters when the largest athletic donation just got retracted because of Gus, players are transferring in droves and former players are calling him out on social media.

1st babers did something in the MAC that Gus never did in the AAC, he won a confernce title, he actually won conference titles 3 out of the 4 years he was coaching in the MAC and the other year he win the division but not the conference.
Gus was in the title game. And please, MAC v. AAC ... night'n day. The AAC (pre-exit) had 3+ ranked teams every year. If you could point me to a 80%+ winning percentage in the MAC, I'd listen. But not a record that is worse than Gus' in the SEC West.

Gus was in the title game. And please, MAC v. AAC ... night'n day. The AAC (pre-exit) had 3+ ranked teams every year. If you could point me to a 80%+ winning percentage in the MAC, I'd listen. But not a record that is worse than Gus' in the SEC West.
sorry but it's all relative....you win MAC championships with MAC caliber players/resources.....you win the SEC with SEC caliber players/resources.

Reactions: lawknight
BS wants to give every coach a decade regardless of what happens

In today’s college football there will be more movement and UCF can’t afford to stay with a coach whose ceiling is the Gasparilla or Boca Raton Bowl. Staying with Gus is going to kill the program, the recruiting mojo is gone after Colorado

sorry but it's all relative....you win MAC championships with MAC caliber players/resources.....you win the SEC with SEC caliber players/resources.
And even still, he wasn't as good as Gus in the SEC West when it comes to win-loss versus the lowly MAC. He wasn't. Dino was close, but he wasn't quite. Gus at the school with one of the greatest recruiting challenges in the west, opposite Alabama.

So ... what's the 'benefit' of Dino here other than, "Oh, he's not Gus. Oh, he went to the ACC, the lowest Power, and ... well, did worse than Gus in the AAC, which isn't really much less difficult in SoS. But he did almost as good in the MAC, as Gus did in the SEC West, win-loss wise."

Explain this to me like a 3rd grader. How Dino would be better than Gus.

Tickets are already sold. They don’t care if people sit at home instead of going. Will take a few years of ruining team to cause the wait list for tickets to disappear. They aren’t worried about lost revenue yet.

Regression year or regression tenure:

9-4
9-5
6-7
probaby 3-9 or 4-8.

and how can you say this is not true for a supermajority of big boosters when the largest athletic donation just got retracted because of Gus, players are transferring in droves and former players are calling him out on social media.
He was ONLY in the MAC 2 years. He took over BG after it was rebuilt by Clawson Wakes current coach. The eastern division in the MAC was weak at the time He got the Eastern Illinois job (1AA) with Jimmy G already there He got extremely lucky with his jobs. He has done a miserable job at SU. He’s way overrated n it showed iMO would’ve been a horrible hire

Tickets are already sold. They don’t care if people sit at home instead of going. Will take a few years of ruining team to cause the wait list for tickets to disappear. They aren’t worried about lost revenue yet.
Which is why they don't make $12-25M decisions on-a-whim. After all, who says the next replacement will be better?

This demand for 0 seasons with regressions is impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT