ADVERTISEMENT

Easier Win..Easier on Nerves

knightraveler

Bronze Knight
Aug 20, 2014
I found it extremely enjoyable to see UCF cruise to a rather easy win after the first quarter. I even ate much less. I hope they beat USF by even more. They will if the defense shows up like they did for Cinci. Best performance of the season for the defense. Thank you defense.

Last edited:
Aside from Memphis haven’t had any scares. Had 4 last year (SMU, Navy, USF, Memphis). It’s been better for the heart.

Reactions: Raynman
This UCF team (or even last year's team) does not panic if they fall behind in games...and that is a great sign of maturity and not losing focus.

Heck, ECU jump out to an early lead on UCF this year...as did Cinci...who also had a chance to go up by 2 scores but choked.

Seems that some teams throw the kitchen sink at UCF at the start of games via emotion/trick plays (Memphis, Temple, etc...), but they can't sustain 60 mins of play.

If all you have is emotion (i.e. Memphis, Temple, etc...), it will eventually run out.

Reactions: knightraveler
I would consider Temple a scare with all the points they were scoring and the lead Temple had at the half
Well yeah there are a bunch of games where first half was a scare. I’m more taking about 4th quarter down the stretch with a chance to lose.

I would consider Temple a scare with all the points they were scoring and the lead Temple had at the half
Nearly 500 yards of offense in the first half (447 IIRC). Defense came out and shut them down.

Now Temple is the far better team. I'd rank them #2 in-conference. If they would have made their offensive changes earlier in the season, they may have come in 8-1 or similarly.

I think he deserves a reprieve...at least until the first loss. lol
RS is doing his job. He has for awhile. We're really only suseptible when it comes to ...
  • Fast, mobile QBs (Jaz is not the fastest spy)
  • Over-the-middle passing
I like Jaz and our linebacking core, and our D-line is awesome. The DBs have been solid too, even if sometimes too soft (by design?). RS is getting the job done with a 4-3 in its first year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT