ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Apologizes for Jemele Hill, Clay Travis Responds

Ratings for the game were down 9 percent versus last week (Packers-Falcons) and 11 percent versus last year's Week 3 game.

it is also true that nfl overall are down. article stated the 2016 year was down 8% overall compared to 2015.

I saw something about some games being up but I believe they were the "local games".

Sports in general are down. It doesn't have to do with the protests.

I saw something about some games being up but I believe they were the "local games".

Sports in general are down. It doesn't have to do with the protests.

Not necessarily. The NFL ratings are very much national but the MLB ratings are totally localized and the local affiliates are more important than national games. In markets where MLB teams are contending, or doing well, TV ratings this year are up everywhere except Chicago. Probably since the Cubs fell to earth a bit.

Not necessarily. The NFL ratings are very much national but the MLB ratings are totally localized and the local affiliates are more important than national games. In markets where MLB teams are contending, or doing well, TV ratings this year are up everywhere except Chicago. Probably since the Cubs fell to earth a bit.

Baseball sucks.

still trying to figure out how obama was elected potus twice despite all the institutional racism....

Awwwww... we elected a black President twice, and whitey be like "we cool, bro?"

Still-Mad-Bro_o_115678.jpg

Reactions: Knight_Light
If any of these guys were whining about not being respected prior to yesterday, it was either in their heads, or due to the fact that they beat their wives/women and are generally horrible people.

Please send me the tiniest violin to string for the plight of the modern day professional athlete.

Goddamn, you are a dumbshit. It isn't about the athletes. Never has been. Well... unless you're a flag waiving dumbshit with a sweet lapel pin and Trump bumpersticker.

Reactions: MACHater02
Goddamn, you are a dumbshit. It isn't about the athletes. Never has been. Well... unless you're a flag waiving dumbshit with a sweet lapel pin and Trump bumpersticker.

Yes we get it. Anyone that believes in respecting the US flag or standing for the national anthem is a racist white supremacist covered in swastika tattoos.

Yes we get it. Anyone that believes in respecting the US flag or standing for the national anthem is a racist white supremacist covered in swastika tattoos.
Lol, wut?

Easy for you to say that you are respecting the flag of our nation when you've never had to deal with our nation disrespecting you for the color of your skin.

Easy for you to say that you are respecting the flag of our nation when you've never had to deal with our nation disrespecting you for the color of your skin.

The UK is the bastion of equality among races? I don't care what the NFL does during the anthem, they just need to be a little more informed and consistent in their outrage.

The UK is the bastion of equality among races? I don't care what the NFL does during the anthem, they just need to be a little more informed and consistent in their outrage.
Your dumb redneck ass doesn't even make any sense.
You are one of those people who "respects the flag" by standing. But, have you ever been disrespected by our country because of the color of your skin? Were your ancestors kept as slaves for 250 years in this country that deserves respect by standing for the flag? Were your ancestors still forced into peonage, refused the right to vote, and treated like dogs for another 100 years after that, by this country that deserves respect by standing for the flag? Were you, during the last 50 years since then, ever pulled over, beaten, or shot by a police officer while being unarmed, by this country that deserves respect by standing for the flag? Were you, this weekend, publicly called a "son of a bitch" by the President of the country that you are supposed to respect?

Yes, Bob. You are racist. You might not be a card carrying, swastika waiving, shit-kicking hood wearer, but you and 85 and SirG and many others are indeed racist.

I assume you're responding to chemmie. So I can safely predict he's calling you a refneck and a racist as he incoherently goes nuts on you.

Amirite?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Lol, like I said, uninformed and inconsistent. You're just as bad. Why is OK to stand for the UK national anthem but not the US anthem?

Obama and Clinton insulted and name called conservatives plenty of times. Yawn.

I assume you're responding to chemmie. So I can safely predict he's calling you a refneck and a racist as he incoherently goes nuts on you.

Amirite?

You would be correct. He hasn't called me trailer trash yet though, it'll be in his next reply.

Your dumb redneck ass doesn't even make any sense.
You are one of those people who "respects the flag" by standing. But, have you ever been disrespected by our country because of the color of your skin? Were your ancestors kept as slaves for 250 years in this country that deserves respect by standing for the flag? Were your ancestors still forced into peonage, refused the right to vote, and treated like dogs for another 100 years after that, by this country that deserves respect by standing for the flag? Were you, during the last 50 years since then, ever pulled over, beaten, or shot by a police officer while being unarmed, by this country that deserves respect by standing for the flag? Were you, this weekend, publicly called a "son of a bitch" by the President of the country that you are supposed to respect?

Yes, Bob. You are racist. You might not be a card carrying, swastika waiving, shit-kicking hood wearer, but you and 85 and SirG and many others are indeed racist.
If you don't like it you can leave!*

Reactions: Knight_Light
Protesting even the American flag is one of the most respectful things you can do to it. It was founded upon protest, exists because of protest, and represents the ultimate protection of protest as defined in the 1st. It's also respectful to salute it and to sing to it.

Awwwww... we elected a black President twice, and whitey be like "we cool, bro?"

thanks for proving my point. whitey had to help get a black man elected twice to be our president. there is no possible way that 13% of the population could vote someone into office without convincing some of the 72% white population to vote for him. but the left loves that term institutional racism.....

I just think its absolutely great that trump convinced a bunch of his detractors to kneel for him this past weekend. [roll]

I just think its absolutely great that trump convinced a bunch of his detractors to kneel for him this past weekend. [roll]

He'll come out ahead from all of this. Despite the onslaught of media and celebrities who are doing their usual faux outraging, the average person at home is sick to death of this bullshit from the NFL and Hollywood. You have players lining up against the flag and our anthem, shaming former Rangers into apologizing for standing at attention, and a league full of millionaire women abusers trying to act like poor little martyrs.

Now you have dolts like Lebron James openly calling his fans morons because they didn't vote the way he wanted.

Ps- just as a reminder, the NFL is the same league that blocked efforts by teams to honor slain police officers, wear shoes to address domestic violence, and suspended a player for slightly deflating a football. Yet despite all of this, they're suddenly cool with their players disrespecting the flag in a foreign country. Fuk 'em.

He'll come out ahead from all of this. Despite the onslaught of media and celebrities who are doing their usual faux outraging, the average person at home is sick to death of this bullshit from the NFL and Hollywood. You have players lining up against the flag and our anthem, shaming former Rangers into apologizing for standing at attention, and a league full of millionaire women abusers trying to act like poor little martyrs.

Now you have dolts like Lebron James openly calling his fans morons because they didn't vote the way he wanted.

Ps- just as a reminder, the NFL is the same league that blocked efforts by teams to honor slain police officers, wear shoes to address domestic violence, and suspended a player for slightly deflating a football. Yet despite all of this, they're suddenly cool with their players disrespecting the flag in a foreign country. Fuk 'em.
dont forget the 911 shoes

thanks for proving my point. whitey had to help get a black man elected twice to be our president. there is no possible way that 13% of the population could vote someone into office without convincing some of the 72% white population to vote for him. but the left loves that term institutional racism.....
1.Those people didn't vote for him, because the 12% convinced them to.
2. You're harping on "institutionalize racism", which is dumb. Numerous studies have shown and continue to show people being treated differently based on their skin color when interacting with the judicial system, banks, and potential employers to a name a few.

1.Those people didn't vote for him, because the 12% convinced them to.
2. You're harping on "institutionalize racism", which is dumb. Numerous studies have shown and continue to show people being treated differently based on their skin color when interacting with the judicial system, banks, and potential employers to a name a few.
1. thanks for agreeing with me and proving my point. we dont have a massive racist problem in the us

2. moving the goal post again i see.

blacks committed 52% of homicides between 1980 and 2008, despite composing just 13% of the population. did you know that 93% of all blacks are killed by other blacks? there were almost 6k blacks killed by other blacks in 2015, while only 258 blacks were killed by cops.

the biggest problem today that blacks face arent these institutions of racism, but the break down of the black family. you can go back in time from the 50s and 60s and see that they had solid family units. however as time progressed you see the number of single family black house holds rise, you also see the violence and crime rise in basically a parallel line. in 2013 the out of wedlock birth rate for blacks was 72%. until that changes, you wont see any other meaningful change.

there are only 3 things you need to do in life to make sure you dont live in poverty: finish high school, get a job, and dont have kids until your married.

1. thanks for agreeing with me and proving my point. we dont have a massive racist problem in the us

blacks committed 52% of homicides between 1980 and 2008, despite composing just 13% of the population. did you know that 93% of all blacks are killed by other blacks? there were almost 6k blacks killed by other blacks in 2015, while only 258 blacks were killed by cops.

the biggest problem today that blacks face arent these institutions of racism, but the break down of the black family. you can go back in time from the 50s and 60s and see that they had solid family units. however as time progressed you see the number of single family black house holds rise, you also see the violence and crime rise in basically a parallel line. in 2013 the out of wedlock birth rate for blacks was 72%. until that changes, you wont see any other meaningful change.

there are only 3 things you need to do in life to make sure you dont live in poverty: finish high school, get a job, and dont have kids until your married.

Holy wow. We have a legit racist on this board.

every bit of what i posted is factually accurate. i challenge you to take the time and research the issue yourself. please feel free to come back with facts. i am open to having a debate with you on this topic.

unfortunately these numbers are very real. much like a drug addict, sometimes people need to hit rock bottom before they realize they need to make a change. until the black community comes to terms with these very real problems, you likely wont see whole sale change.

His post wasn't exactly eloquent but I don't think it classifies as "racist".

This is from the Brookings Institute when they did a massive research diagnosis on the topic of children born out of wedlock and the societal ramifications. You surely see the issue here?

Since 1970, out-of-wedlock birth rates have soared. In 1965, 24 percent of black infants and 3.1 percent of white infants were born to single mothers. By 1990 the rates had risen to 64 percent for black infants, 18 percent for whites. Every year about one million more children are born into fatherless families. If we have learned any policy lesson well over the past 25 years, it is that for children living in single-parent homes, the odds of living in poverty are great. The policy implications of the increase in out-of-wedlock births are staggering

https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/

His post wasn't exactly eloquent but I don't think it classifies as "racist".

This is from the Brookings Institute when they did a massive research diagnosis on the topic of children born out of wedlock and the societal ramifications. You surely see the issue here?

Since 1970, out-of-wedlock birth rates have soared. In 1965, 24 percent of black infants and 3.1 percent of white infants were born to single mothers. By 1990 the rates had risen to 64 percent for black infants, 18 percent for whites. Every year about one million more children are born into fatherless families. If we have learned any policy lesson well over the past 25 years, it is that for children living in single-parent homes, the odds of living in poverty are great. The policy implications of the increase in out-of-wedlock births are staggering

https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/
they are also the group that came up with the formula for not living in poverty regardless of race. finish high school, get a job, and dont have kids until your married.

What did you expect the result of 400 years of "institutional racism" to be, blacks making up the 1%? Also, when did institutional racism stop? Apparently, in your brain a light-switch was flipped and equality rained down. When tougher laws were created for crack than for cocaine did you expect blacks families to raise up out of poverty as a result?

What did you expect the result of 400 years of "institutional racism" to be, blacks making up the 1%? Also, when did institutional racism stop? Apparently, in your brain a light-switch was flipped and equality rained down. When tougher laws were created for crack than for cocaine did you expect blacks families to raise up out of poverty as a result?

If only the government had legalized crack instead, things would have been better! Instead of prison, users and drug dealers would have lived out their lives with completely destroyed brains, leading to more murders, assaults, and degradation of societies! That would have been so much better for those communities.

I feel like you're one step away from taking up the discredited conspiracy theory (that the new FX show is pathetically using) that the US Government introduced crack into black communities.

If only the government had legalized crack instead, things would have been better! Instead of prison, users and drug dealers would have lived out their lives with completely destroyed brains, leading to more murders, assaults, and degradation of societies! That would have been so much better for those communities.

I feel like you're one step away from taking up the discredited conspiracy theory (that the new FX show is pathetically using) that the US Government introduced crack into black communities.
In another thread you just complained about someone making up a narrative, yet here you've done it. Like you do repeatedly, just so you have a point to argue. No one anywhere stated crack should be legal, and it shouldn't. Crack had a impact on poorer communities and its penalties were worse than the drug it was created from. The main target of policing was small time dealers.

In another thread you just complained about someone making up a narrative, yet here you've done it. Like you do repeatedly, just so you have a point to argue. No one anywhere stated crack should be legal, and it shouldn't. Crack had a impact on poorer communities and its penalties were worse than the drug it was created from. The main target of policing was small time dealers.

Ok- what were police supposed to do then? There is a correlation, if not causation, between murders and violence in communities and the proliferation of drugs like crack. And you can't just brush away crack usage by saying "small time users". It literally fries your brain within 1-2 times using. Afterwards you're left with someone who is now addicted, has their brain fried, and is probably going to resort to violence to get more.

It's absolutely false to say they didn't pursue cocaine as hard as they did crack. For Christ's sakes, we had a small army in Colombia for years chasing cocaine cartels. The difference is that cocaine was widespread throughout the entire country. Crack was largely very localized and it was a street drug.

You are attempting to ignore all of this to simply arrive back at your predetermine thesis, which is that police purposely wanted to terrorize poor minority communities and used crack as a convenient excuse.

drugs are bad, i thought we all agreed on this? i thought both drugs were schedule one and received the same punishments for possession/dealing. can you point to law that shows they get different prison times? i wasnt aware they were treated differently.

Reactions: UCFWayne
They literally had to pass a law to stop the disparity in sentencing between crack and cocaine

https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/drug-law-reform/fair-sentencing-act
i wasnt aware of that, i thought they were the same. glad they finally did something about that. that is a solid example and im firmly against it.

funny though that the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986, which that reform appears to be in response to, was created by a democrat from tx and also passed by a democrat controlled house and senate.

It is as if 85 and Wayne don't understand there could possibly be some negative effects after 250 years of complete slavery, another 100 years of servitude and being considered second class citizens, and 50 more years of being told to shut up, graduate from your underfunded high schools, stay out of my neighborhood, and shipping a huge number of blue collar jobs to Asia and Mexico.
It is as if 85 and Wayne have lived in a box their entire life. A lily-white box where the flowers always bloom and no darkies are allowed.

You idiots wonder why we call you racists? Really? Seriously? Like I said to Bob: you don't need to be a flag waving nazi and hood wearing Klansman to be racist. Sometimes, it just comes out naturally and you don't even realize it.

It is as if 85 and Wayne don't understand there could possibly be some negative effects after 250 years of complete slavery, another 100 years of servitude and being considered second class citizens, and 50 more years of being told to shut up, graduate from your underfunded high schools, stay out of my neighborhood, and shipping a huge number of blue collar jobs to Asia and Mexico.
It is as if 85 and Wayne have lived in a box their entire life. A lily-white box where the flowers always bloom and no darkies are allowed.

You idiots wonder why we call you racists? Really? Seriously? Like I said to Bob: you don't need to be a flag waving nazi and hood wearing Klansman to be racist. Sometimes, it just comes out naturally and you don't even realize it.

Just so you know, not everyone thinks statements that Wayne made are racist. If a black guy makes those statements about blacks would he be considered racist?...try reading Burgess Owens' book:
Amazon product ASIN 1682612058
Spoiler: He agrees with Wayne's statements about the breakdown of the black family (or any family for that matter) as being one of the roots of the problem.

And don't give me any crap about this being an anecdotal example...just read the book.

Just so you know, not everyone thinks statements that Wayne made are racist. If a black guy makes those statements about blacks would he be considered racist?...try reading Burgess Owens' book:

Spoiler: He agrees with Wayne's statements about the breakdown of the black family (or any family for that matter) as being one of the roots of the problem.

And don't give me any crap about this being an anecdotal example...just read the book.

He's an Uncle Tom and/or sellout. Just ask the upper middle class white people driving new Lincoln's living in a redeveloped hipster neighborhood like chemmie. They know what it's like to be a black kid growing up without a father living in a project with their mom working three jobs to make ends meet.

IF asians/whites/hispanics had a break down of the family to the level that blacks in this country do, you would see the same problems. that is the root cause of their problems today. until it is addressed, we wont see any meaningful change, and that is truly sad.

I have also noticed not a single poster has come on to refute my post. Instead a few people have just called me racists and left it at that. I would love for them to research the numbers and statistics I posted. Then and only then would they realize that what I posted was accurate. Maybe then, they would realize that there is a problem. We might disagree on how to fix the problem and that is ok. But first we need to get to the point were everyone realizes what the real problem is. Only then can real change be made.

Much like someone with a cold, they might be trying to treat the symptoms instead of figuring out what the real underlying problem is so that it can be properly addressed.

Reactions: fabknight
I have also noticed not a single poster has come on to refute my post. Instead a few people have just called me racists and left it at that. I would love for them to research the numbers and statistics I posted. Then and only then would they realize that what I posted was accurate. Maybe then, they would realize that there is a problem. We might disagree on how to fix the problem and that is ok. But first we need to get to the point were everyone realizes what the real problem is. Only then can real change be made.

Much like someone with a cold, they might be trying to treat the symptoms instead of figuring out what the real underlying problem is so that it can be properly addressed.

You, and 85, are racist because you believe your statistics are simply because they are black. You think it is a black thing, and it only effects blacks in this way. You don't even recognize 400 years of oppression, exploitation, an exodus of blue collar jobs they were forced to take, segregation of schools and neighborhoods resulting in poorer educational offerings, drug wars, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Your statistics are correct. Your perceived reasons for those statistics is what is completely dorked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT